Wiper Blades

Choices, Choices, Choices

Which is is the best choice for replacement front windscreen wipers. Is it:

1) Skoda OEM @ £36 a pair

2) Valeo Silencio X.Trm @ £29.31 (plus £2.25 p&p)

3) Bosch Aerotwins @ £31.27 (plus £2.25 p&p)

See following website options 2 and 3: Windscreen Wiper Blades - Bosch, Valeo, Trico, Trupart, Champion Windscreen Wipers

Any views and or experiences on fitting the non OEM ones - much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Tomdeswrig

Why not fit refills? you will need:

2 off 1K0955429A @ £4.92 + VAT each (VW part No. Skoda do not list wiper refills)

1 off 7E0955425 @ 5.03 + VAT

There is more information at Octavia II -help and hint threads/links, the thread at the bottom of the page is the one you want. :)

Have a set of aerotwins as reserve in my car. Didnt have to change them yet. Had the wiperblades changed with refills (unkown mark, found them at our wholesale store). These are pretty good, still wiping without streaks after approx 30tkm. First set was on for the first 60tkm.

Rearwiper changed to a Valeo. Very pleased with this wiper. Wipes better than the original one.

The rearwiper cannot be changed with a refill. I didnt manage to open it without (probably) breaking it.

Why not fit refills? you will need:

2 off 1K0955429A @ £4.92 + VAT each (VW part No. Skoda do not list wiper refills)

1 off 7E0955425 @ 5.03 + VAT

There is more information at Octavia II -help and hint threads/links, the thread at the bottom of the page is the one you want. :)

the first one is that front? if so i thought you didnt need the a on the end and that way it came as a pair?? is the second number for the rear?

did look at the guide but it looks more daunting and harder than just putting brand new ones on.

update got the back one today and fits properly, the front ones will arrive on tuesday, the guy was impressed i knew what i wanted and was suprised when i told him they were for a modified golf that has a skoda badge and octavia written on the back lol. got my box of screen wash too (10 bottles) which prompted a nice 15% discount:thumbup:

Hi

I tried my luck at a VW dealer (Northgate in Bury St Edmunds) and got a clear - no their is no such thing as a wiper refill for the aerowipers!!!! You have to get the whole part - even though part numbers were offered to the parts person. Furthermore they never responded to a phone call for several days (quality customer care).

I gather that Skoda dealers don't do the refills - which was confirmed when I tried one of them. Does anyone know of any mail order pleases for the wiper refills. Or if I do get new blades shall I buy Valeo or Bosch?

Thanks again

T

just go into parts dept and say can they order you the following part numbers as you know what they are and let them put them in the system, as they start typing them in tell them you understand they need to be sent down from the VAG warehouse and this will take about two days. This will show you know what you on about and tell them its for a vw golf on 07 plate. The guy i spoke to today reckon it was cheaper to buy new blades than the refills.

Tomdesrigg,

I had the same issue at Northgate. Try Barnards at Stowmarket they are very helpful and even offer advice on fitting them even though they knew they were for a Skoda. They ordered some in for me next day delivery no extra charge:). They even knew from the partnumber they were refills without checking the number on the computer.

I got new aeroblades from the dealer part numbers 1Z2 955 425A AND 1J2 955 426B and they measure 21" and 19". The passenger one seems ok but the driver's one is a good 2-3 inches shorter than the one that originally came with the car. Have the specs changed or have I got the wrong size blades?

Hi All

I have decided to try the ones in the link below for less than a tenner a pair. They are 29" approx (according to the webpage) and will need cutting. Also has You Tube video to support.

I will let you know how good they are.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-POLO-GOLF-PASSAT-BORO-AERO-FLAT-WIPER-BLADE-REFILLS_W0QQitemZ260341176532QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260341176532&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

• 2 months later...
Hi All

I have decided to try the ones in the link below for less than a tenner a pair. They are 29" approx (according to the webpage) and will need cutting. Also has You Tube video to support.

I will let you know how good they are.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-POLO-GOLF-PASSAT-BORO-AERO-FLAT-WIPER-BLADE-REFILLS_W0QQitemZ260341176532QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260341176532&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

So what's the verdict are they any good???

I purchased them, followed the instructions and found they juddered badly. They also seemed somewhat stiffer. I would not personally recommend them. In the end I purchased some Bosh direct replacements from Wiperblades.co.uk. These are as good as OEN if not almost identical. More money but worth it.

Thanks

I got new aeroblades from the dealer part numbers 1Z2 955 425A AND 1J2 955 426B and they measure 21" and 19". The passenger one seems ok but the driver's one is a good 2-3 inches shorter than the one that originally came with the car. Have the specs changed or have I got the wrong size blades?

I'm sure mine are 24" and 19" .... 'cos I measured 'em! I used the refills anyway - dead easy.

Dave

Y'know, we get so many threads on this subject, it makes me wonder if it is worth the forum somehow laying in a stock of exactly the right, and best quality available, refills, and having them for sale to members???

Edited by ednmra

i think at the top in one of the stickies has something.

Thats a long thread about refills. I had a look at that and it

a) seems difficult to order them

B) difficult to fit them

not difficult, pop into any audi, seat or vw (but not skoda) dealer and quote the following codes:

2x 1K0955429A @ £4.92 + VAT each (VW part No. Skoda do not list wiper refills)

1x 7E0955425 @ 5.03 + VAT

the first one is for front wiper blades the second for rear. the first when you get them need to be cut to length and will take 5-10 minutes to fit both. There is a write up on here for doing it and saves you about £20-£25 quid on buying normal blades in the metal frames instead.