ufo ? hits wind turbine

pete8tch

Was totally disinterested in this headline , till i saw the damage done, somethings given it a clout and the blade is supposedly missing.

go on then , best guess for the cause?:rolleyes:.

not little green men i dont think tho lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen the lights that have been reported in Scotland last week, never reported it, wouldnt know where to but they were very strange, the only way I can describe it is like a fireball in the sky, too low, slow and dim for a meteor but most def not a plane or fireworks. I seen four lights at seperate times over two nights all starting in the same place, moving to the same place then going dim.

Somebody caught it on camera and its the same thing I seen and had some friends over the first night i seen it and called them out and they seen it too. Very weird.

As for the turbine, the suggested reason is that the de-icer may have failled and a chunk of ice may have fallen off the other rotor and hit it, but seemingly it has a shear strength of 10 tonnes, Mass x gravity x height plus the fact it may have been rotating at the time increasing the momentum makes it sound a little more feasible.

doubt it , think these things are carbon fibre .

Some have carbon cores, some GRP with alloy skins.The majority, and especially all the big ones like this are alloy, hence the bending I would think.

Sounds like the plane is the most likely answer then!

I guess the blade was either stuck to the plane or it spun off (could have gone a long way at even at a low rotational speed) and could well have completely embedded itself in the ground too.

I think it will be something simple..

Water managed to get into the 'missing' blade either through cracking or a bad join. It froze and the forces of the spinning blade eventually caused it to break away.

The following blade made contact and was bent.

Andy

Turbines have been known to twist out of shape and collapse due to high winds speeds, and sometimes the motors inside catch fire also (one of the reasons why they are only operated within a particular wind-speed range, and are stopped automatically if wind speed goes above the optimum range).

I'm surveying on a proposed wind farm site in a couple of weeks, I'll look out for anything out of the ordinary and report back :D

I'm surveying on a proposed wind farm site in a couple of weeks, I'll look out for anything out of the ordinary and report back :D

if your hear a whooshing noise or a bright light appears .. RLF

wheres 60 feet of blade gone though , thats a bloody big piece to be missing.

maybe it was Hancock ?:P

I hear plenty of whooshing noises - once I was on top of a mountain and I heard a helicopter (forget what kind it was) and it was that close I waved to the pilot and he waved back :eek:

A few times I've had wing-dip saluts from tornados, Jaguars, F16s, BAe Hawks etc ...

No UFOs yet :( but that would be my best day at work ever :rolleyes::cool::D

I hear plenty of whooshing noises - once I was on top of a mountain and I heard a helicopter (forget what kind it was) and it was that close I waved to the pilot and he waved back :eek:

A few times I've had wing-dip saluts from tornados, Jaguars, F16s, BAe Hawks etc ...

No UFOs yet :( but that would be my best day at work ever :rolleyes::cool::D

or your last ...... dododoooooodooo:rofl:..cue x files music.

bye bye ...maybe lol.

I find it hard to beleive it was a UFO that did that damage, but i also find it hard to beleive that there is nothing else out there except us.

I was in a RAF Seaking flying over the Lake district a few years back and was happily sat in the open door taking pics of the mountains and countryside and got a few good pics. I uploaded them to my PC a few days later and noticed a weird looking object in one of them, so i sent it off to be analysed.

I can't find the original pic as it could have been lost after a hard drive faluire, but here is the pic i received back by email.

Not everyone will beleive in this and will have their own expert opinion, i still don't know what it was that was in my pic (i never noticed anything when the pic was taken) but i haven't altered the pic in anyway....

oddpicsmall.jpg

Its almost certainly an alien.

After negotiating millions of miles through dynamic environments like asteroid belts at no doubt light speed its always possible they would have crashed into a slowing moving, 60ft, white inanimate object...:rolleyes: