Superb - FLy Open Boot

That's an amazing feature! - I feel like helping so, here you go:

Original post:

Passat 3B/3BG Automatic (remote) opening of the boot - TDIClub Forums

EDIT - Parts are in original forum post, No need for the link below.

Now the real test (Parts needed and how to do it):

.:SoloVag:. • Ver Tema - Passat 3BG - Apertura remota (completa) de maletero

How good are you with your english :D

My Mate at wotk has an 08 Jetta with this opening boot and when I looked at it the hinges looked the same as on a SuperB but with a spring either side and a lever that tensions the spring when the boot is shut down, looks like it could be an easy mod if you can get the hinges.

W00t.

I've been looking for something like this for ages... I'll give it a go when I get chance/when the weather gets warmer/when SWMBO lets me out/when hell freezes over and I'll let you all know.

I've always wanted to open my boot when I see someone too close to my car... :lol:

Found this on YouTube...

Anyone know if this is possible with a Superb?

Kind Regards

SJ

Smart question, and i want to know that , i think it is some spring on the boot dor but i just think!

seems a lot of work making up the bracket and obtaining a stronger spring........wouldnt a slightly more powerful gas strut do the job? and maybe keep head out the way when it opens? lol

• 3 years later...

There was something similar to this but just involved using a spring from a Ford transit van. fairly certain it was listed on here somewhere. Didn't involve changing the struts or bracket if I recall

Hhahah inposible!

I love it very much!

I always dream about this...Pls can someone tell what we do need, and how to do it?

Browser faboulos!

Sorry for very bad english, I dont have time for google translate, I hope so you know what I mean. :hi:

Excellent will have a go at this hopefully the washers and added pressure wont impact on the life span of the gas struts to much.

But I think it will be worth it ;)

Thanks to Allclownsareevil :)

Hmmmm, I cant belive it...my trunk does not pop up...I had tried several times, but no lucky... :sweat:

I heard that it can be enabled via vag com, but I am not sure, that classic have that option, and I dont want to waste money on buying cable to connect my car and pc, and then I discover that cant it be done.

Like one time ago I wanted to install cd changer and I discover that it is not wired... :sweat:

So, I had to give up, but I'm very happy that it can be done on some superb.

I hope you gays will enjoyed with this awsome mode :rock:

And it really be great if he could close up alone, but I assume that I want to much. :hi:

I did it after this guide.

http://www.passatplus.de/umbauten/heckklappe/limousine/index.htm

Most expensive parts were the buffers and springs (obviously). But if you find some same A6 from junkyard, you can pull off these from there. It needed a slight modification for the buffers. Hinges needed 2 holes drilled and then that was it.

Hm I just find out that my right suspension for trank dont work properly, and it need replaicment.

Thats why it wont open with key....but in couple of days I will buy spare part and I will give it a try to mod this..who knows maybe I succsed.

I will post pictures how to do it, if I succesfully fit it. :blush: