extra wipe gone?

Using my wipers/screenwashers yesterday to clear road salt/muck/grit on a long trip, I noticed that the pesky "extra" wipe seems to have been programmed out (compared to my last Octy).

When the handful of wipes [that go with the washer use] stop, that's it. No extra wipe 10 seconds later.

Is that an option or have they dropped it completely now?

Using my wipers/screenwashers yesterday to clear road salt/muck/grit on a long trip, I noticed that the pesky "extra" wipe seems to have been programmed out (compared to my last Octy).

When the handful of wipes [that go with the washer use] stop, that's it. No extra wipe 10 seconds later.

Is that an option or have they dropped it completely now?

Let's hope it's gone - I will check mine. It's such a pain the ar5e!

Our 55 plate Elegance has it and i find it ok for that last dribble down the screen.

If you find yourself dribbling down the screen, I should see someone in the medical profession toute suite! :)

I didn't know about this feature until this last week when I've completed a couple of journeys up and down the M5.

In weather like this with the motorway full of salt and other vehicles on the road, the windscreen needs to be washed every minute couple of minutes or so.

Having used the washers, there is just enough time between the initial clean and the singular wipe for some more salt to get on the screen - the singular wipe (obviously without screen wash) then smears the screen really badly due to the salt!

Infuriating! :mad:

One to add to the VAG-COM list of wants :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you find yourself dribbling down the screen, I should see someone in the medical profession toute suite! :)

I dunno - it depends who you're looking at through the screen !!!

I have to admit I find this feature quite annoying too. My old Clio did the same but was never a problem.

As someone said above, it's too long a pause after the main wipes, so the screen has dried/got more salt on, so it smears.

I also reckon that there are one or two wipes too many in the main wipe sequence when cleaning.

I also reckon that there are one or two wipes too many in the main wipe sequence when cleaning.

At the same time I noticed the extra wipe gone, I realised the number of "normal" wipes in the sequence has gone down from about 6 or 7, to 4.