Front Carrier Bushes Skoda's seen sense.

Hi all,

Many may remember that I took my car in for its service back in November and the front bushes had hd it after only 34K (my car is a VRS on an 05). My "stealer" said it would cost over £300 to do the job, stripping down the front suspension. Just wanted to say that after initially saying wear and tear, then offering £60 and then £120 "goodwill", Skoda have finally agreed to meet the full cost of dealing wth this premature failure.

I am really grateful to the archive of posts on this site for arming me with information. I am just sad that I had to write two long letters and start to throw my weight around before it got sorted. There is a lesson here though folks...DON'T BE FOBBED OFF.:D

Left a nasty taste in the mouth though.......:mad:

All cars marques dealers work this way generally, I replaced an indicator+lights switch assembly on a Fiesta a few years ago, bought the part from local Ford dealer, strangely, it failed again one day short of the 12 month parts warranty, but it was a Sunday, went in on Monday (luckily I was on holiday), and asked for a replacement FOC, "must leave that to warranty officer", I bought a new one and went home, got phone call 3 hours later "warrant claim rejected". I wrote to Ford at Eagle Way - sending pictures of both packaging and copies of both parts receipts - they sent back a cheque to the value of the cheaper one - but no apology - better than a poke with a sharp stick though!

warranty always try it on though dont they?? it's a pain in the a*&^. but hey perseverance has paid off in the end tho!! and good to know for anybody else with the same problem.

well done

chris:)

It was 7 months out of warranty but I still felt that these things going at 34k on a three year old dealer serviced car was not on:mad:

hi. i dont mean to put a dampener on things, but i got my car from maple garage in sproatley, near hull, and they mot'd my car the day before i picked it up. its a 54 plate vrs on a 54plate. anyway, i have had the car 6 weeks, and last week i took the car for the tracking doing.. they guy in my local garage said the front bushes had gone and couldnt track the car, she has done 46k... anyway, to cut a long story short, the garage where i bought the car, replaced the rear front wishbone bushes aswell as the fronts for free... so thanks to maple garage (a proton dealer) in hull :)

Just be carefull with throwing your weight around if mentioning Briskoda. We have had a few instances where people have come into dealers with print offs of pages on here, this doesnt do Briskoda any good and we have a tough time trying to build relations with Skoda as it is.

Sorry to bump an old post but don't worry I didn't mention the site, I merely said "extensive internet research has revealed a known problem".

By throwing my weight around I do not mean shouting and hollering but persevering, not being fobbed off with excuses, stating that I would never touch the marque again and saying that I would write to the motoring consumer pages. A wellknown motoring agony uncle was also able to send me a personal email giving me sound advice.

I accept that you want to build relations wih Skoda but if someone has owner experience that shows a common problem with owners and prints it off, I can't see the problem as this is a open forum.The advice on here meant I was forearmed and that is good surely:confused:I think this is the problem with many motoring mags these day, too much time worrying abut sucking up to the manufacturers that they are afraid to put the boot in when necessary in the interests of their readers. Oh for the old days of CAR and Top Gear when Kevin Blick was at the helm:cool: Is Briskoda indepndent or "in bed" with Skoda?

Briskoda is independent - however it is important to realise that politics gets involved when building relationships.

There are many aspects of this site, some depend on good co-operation with dealers, and several dealers are on here in a helpful capacity.

Don't get me wrong, if there is an issue then it sometimes helps to know a bit about it beforehand ;) - it is just the way it is done more than anything.

It is the same with most things, keeping it friendly means Skoda UK is less likely to get annoyed with the site, and also, they will see more business benefit in it :)