Meet feeler - Briskoda takes on Little Chef after Big Chef

Hedge

As us South Central folk have not had a meet for a while I thought we should.

The problem up until now has been a suitable venue following the changes at the Swan.

I was thinking maybe Feb 27th.:)

While speaking to a fellow Briskoda member we thought it might be an idea to try the Little Chef at Popham having watched Hestons revamping and remodelling programme on Channel 4. Obviously it is first and foremost a restaurant but it might be a good idea for a spot of food and a natter.

For those that missed the programmes you can catch up here. Big Chef Takes On Little Chef | Food | Channel4.com

For more info. Little Chef on Channel 4 : Little Chef

For the menu. Menu : Little Chef

Lets hear your thoughts. One stumbling block at the moment is that I don't know opening times.:o Hopefully someone has better knowledge than me. EDIT: Just called them and they are open til 10pm

Little Chef - Popham

A303 West

Micheldever

near Winchester

Hampshire

SO21 3SP

Tel. 01256 398490

http://www.littlechef.co.uk/findalittlechef.php?action=restaurant&id=145

Edited by Hedge
Opening time added

Going to have to be a maybe - being a Friday I won't know till the day...

1. Stu & Chrissi

2. Rob & Angie

3. Des & umm....not the wife.

4. westallc 30 min drive from house yipee

5. Mr Fish

6. dvere

I hope to be there on this one.

1. Stu & Chrissi

2. Rob & Angie

3. Des & umm....not the wife.

4. westallc 30 min drive from house yipee

5. Mr Fish

6. dvere

7. Stuart

8. Bowders1

Hedge and myself 'tested' this place on Saturday evening and it didn't go too well.

Food was 'average' at best and service was poor to say the least. 3 people eating just a main course and a couple of drinks cost me £40 which I think is a little ott for just average food.

I think Hedge has another possible place in mind so watch this space.

Things have moved on with this.

A couple of us decided to sample the wares on offer so headed down there last saturday evening. It was very busy and we had to wait 20mins for a table. Once seated the service was inconsistent and poor apart from one young lady who seemed well switched on.

My fellow diners described the food we had as mediocre at best and this coupled with the poor service means that is gets a :thumbdwn: so far.

We were thinking about an alternative venue in the area and so far haven't really come up with anything concrete. As usual any sensible suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

• 2 weeks later...