Had a test drive in the superb 3.6 V6

fofos

at Alex Lawries this afternoon thanks Alex. It is what it says on the tin SUPERB.The drive is stunning, the power is well I couldn't wipe the smile of my face the only word I could use is breathtaking. I strongly reccomend everyone who is going to Allams on Saturday to put their name down for a test drive you won't be dissapointed.I have tried to attach a picture of the engine bay but for some unknown reason i can't.

Fluffmeister I am very surprised about the way your brother in law was treated as I have had nothing but first class service from everyone at the dealership :thumbup:

Pete

WOW!

3.6 Superb is very, very cool.

Ours in Antracite Grey with Black Leather and it's such a lovely engine. Probably no quicker than a remapped MKII vRS TFSi but it feels so powerful and the gear changes are so smooth.

Looking forward to everyone having a play with it tommorow.

let's hope it gets the publicity it deserves.

I agree,

Somewhat worryingly that very Superb is off to a Car Mag on Monday for a test :eek:

As for the 4x4 part was very interesting to feel with Mr Fish at the wheel :D

I wouldn't worry about the tests, they can't do anything we didn't do to it!! :rofl:

Me & Fishy were a bit of a hooligan in it, anyone else tug on the handbrake? :P

TBH all credit to the Superb for not braking at all today! :rofl:

I wouldn't worry about the tests, they can't do anything we didn't do to it!! :rofl:

Me & Fishy were a bit of a hooligan in it, anyone else tug on the handbrake? :P

TBH all credit to the Superb for not braking at all today! :rofl:

Was that literally braking, or breaking ?

Sounds like you all had a fun day :thumbup:

Somewhat worryingly that very Superb is off to a Car Mag on Monday for a test :eek:

I think Chris and I ensured it was properly loosened up and ready to test before handing it over Mr Fish to demonstrate the Launch Control to everyone else. :D

I think Chris and I ensured it was properly loosened up and ready to test before handing it over Mr Fish to demonstrate the Launch Control to everyone else. :D

Launch control was positively boring in comparison to what we did in it ;):rofl:

I'm getting curious - what exactly did you do - any tricks I should be aware of - or prepare myself for? Furthermore - how did you do the launch control? I didn't think the Superb have launch control. I have to wait until the middle of April for my 3.6 - and then 1000 miles of burn in.

Run in? Pah they don't need running in, infact driving them as they should be driven from new is the best thing for them! :thumbup:

The car was just thoroughly tested, don't lose sleep over it.

Launch control consists of turning ESP off, selecting sport mode. Hold the brake hard, then foot flat on the accellerator. The revs will be held at about 3000rpm, you then take your foot off the brake and it launches very impressively. :)

I'm getting curious - what exactly did you do

What didn't get done to it :D

Needless to say every element of its handling and braking where tested ;) and at the same time :D

and nothing fell off :thumbup: or broke.