Upgrade light bulbs

Hi folks, this is my first post on here.

I reecntly purchased myself a 2004(54) black vrs and i am looking to ugrade the bulbs on it.

I have been thinking about Osram Silerstar for my main beams but unsure what to do for the rest. Have been looking at other Silverstar sidelights and headlights.

The only thing is i am not sure what to get.

I have had a look at these one's, any suggestions??

OSRAM H4 Silverstar SKODA favorit octavia(98-03) 501s on eBay, also Bulbs Lenses, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 18-Feb-09 23:02:47 GMT)

OSRAM H7 Silverstar SKODA fabia octavia supurb 501s on eBay, also Bulbs Lenses, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Mar-09 15:13:44 GMT)

Would these both fit??

Without checking I can't 100% remember, but I think you need H4 fitment for the headlights, and 501 fitment for the sidelights on the octy vrs. Other than that Osram are decent enough.

Yes thats spot on. Most people prefer the Osram Nightbreakers though. Very good bulb indeed and the ones I have on mine :D

Ian

phllips power bulbs here! love them, won a few tests aswell over the osrams nightbreakers (however i dought there is much difference)

also look on powerbulbs.com as you get free side lights with most orders.

Edited by RichB86

Hi and Welcome,

Last April I bought some Phillips Ex-treme H4 headlight bulbs, included was a set of front Phillips Blue Vision W5W side light bulbs free. It was just a case of unclipping the back cover to the headlight and swapping them over.

I just checked on the website I got them from "www.Powerbulbs.com" and the free sidelight offer is still on.

To be honest any uprated bulb kit is loads better than the standard ones you get with the car, its really a matter

of personal choice.

Good Luck

Peter

Another nightbreakers user here, have tried the philips equivalent +80% ones too which to my eyes are the same, powerbulbs gave me free blue sidelights which actually look white even though theyre blue coated. Both take seconds to fit

If u need indicator bulbs get osram diadems too, they look great and stop the fried egg look and dont have s silly yellow coating that peels off in small chunks - got an advisory on MOT for this.

If you are going to change the headlight bulbs you might as well complete the look and change the H3 spotlight bulbs aswell and make it all white light at the front or it looks a bit poo when you do have the fogs on looking yellow and the heads white .......just my thoughts though :o:thumbup:

... and a clown to suggest putting headlights and fogs on at the same time. THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING THIS!!! The most you will ever achieve is to waste fuel (bright daylight), and frequently you'll dazzle yourself and others (rain, or any time at night).

I went for Philips bluevision fog light bulbs and sidelights, silvervision indicator bulbs all round, and philips xtreme power headlight bulbs. All from powerbulbs.

I also fitted new no. plate lenses and bulbs.

All together, the car looks really good at night now. Surprising how good bulbs can update the look of the car at night.

P.S. People that use foglights when it's not foggy are *******! I wish they continued their retarded use of lighting at home, and took a desk lamp into the shower with them.

I've had the Nightbreakers but they only lasted 5months albeit most of the driving in that time was in the night time. Loved the light they gave off but I don't want to relpace them every 5months or so. Went for PowerBulbs PowerPlus bulbs, the light given off is slightly less but still much better than normal bulbs & as they were Buy1 set get 1set free I've got a replacement set if they only last 5months

... and a clown to suggest putting headlights and fogs on at the same time. THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING THIS!!! The most you will ever achieve is to waste fuel (bright daylight), and frequently you'll dazzle yourself and others (rain, or any time at night).

Do you not think i may have meant for use in the fog ???? before the over the top reply :D because why would anyone drive with the fogs on in the headlight for any other reason ????:thumbup:

But thanks for jumping down my throat any way mate :eek:

Just a word of caution, I fitted Phillips Blue Vision W5W side light bulbs and failed the MOT test. The chap who conducted the test said the law is quiet straight forward in that white lights must be shown at the front of a vehicle.