2003 Briskoda National Meet(s)!

tavia4x4

Just found out my Dad's booked a big party on the 20th Sept, which is the Saturday of this meet. Suffice to say I couldn't give two hoots (nice, eh?) and it's not stopping me coming.

Also found out my cousin is having a bash for his birthday that coincides with the RPM tour in August, but DONT WORRY JON, I'm not pulling out of that either! :drive1:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much goes like this. Its the 19/20/21 September, BTW

Friday - congregate at pub of choice (not mine) for discussion/banter/etc etc

Saturday - 230 mile drive around Wales-followed by repeat of Friday pm I should think

Sunday - Watch round of Touring Car championship @ Oulton Park. Then go home.

(hopefully each day will be a bit more exciting than my one-liners)

Starting from a secret location just on the English side of the border... I'm saying its secret because I actually can't remember the name of the place. It was some service station somewhere... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

'ello all, Northerner here (eh up by gum, ilkley moor baht at, etc, etc). I've been directed this way by MonkeyHanger after finding this site. A blast around the country sounds like rather jolly fun, so if i may be so bold as to invite myself along.....as for the BTCC, hooray, i love it, really love it (to borrow a phrase off Mr Keegan). I'll probably join Panrix on the Northerner convoy, if thats OK?

• 2 weeks later...

fabvrs,

If you want to meet up on the way to the meet, let me know. There may be a small convoy of Fabias heading that way.

Which way would you go to get to near Oulton Park?

Maybe a blast through mid Wales is in order!

fabiavrs - The only commitment you have to make if you're coming along, is to give me a little sample of the Fabia vRS, please, pretty please? I think my dealer isn't going to get one for absolutely ages! :(

please? again, with icing on top!

PS: I think the secret location will be fully divulged by Colin or Jon - I can't even remember myself and I was there for a pre-run of the route! :rolleyes:

only 9 hours to go until i will be driving away in my vrs. and yes devonutopia you may have a go.

Its just that i live in mid wales near newtown and there are some great roads arund here.

Fabia TDI were in wales will you be staying that weekend, a convoy sounds good. I have just got to check that i can get the two days off work if they will let me.

well i must go got to say good bye to my fabia 2.0 elegance before i pick up the vrs.

speak to you all later.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

Yep - received PM as such. Trying to see how many people are up for camping or are going be big girl's blouses and go into B&B ( which I could still be doing myself. :D )

I'm easy either way, if the majority go for camping, i'll spend the cash i would have used for a B&B / Hotel on a tent :D

Already got me BTCC ticket though :D

• Administrators

Accomodation, yes still sorting, but 99% sure it's corportate hotel setup, eg travellodge, but it's not a travellodge. Trying to juggle numbers to save you all a few pounds, if you want info but have not had a PM please please PM me.

But just to recap, Twin room accom, if your happy to share then looking at 20gbp per night (breakie extra sorry dam corporate places) or if your a solo person then 40 per night.

There are alot of eents that weekend and I have 3 pages of numbers before I tried this place, which is not bad, just out of the "sphere" for the moment.

Location start will be decided tonight, changed due to initial carpark being very very full (hotel attached fully booked). Some of the places mentioned; I'm sure I saw some of them, couldn't possibly comment however ;)

There are alot of B&B's in the area, just most are 1 or 2 rooms and thus not suitable for alot of people. It will all be fine in the end.

Any more questions feel free to ask, all comments and "grouping" issues have been noted.

More soon.

So I can divulge the initial start was "going to be" the services / hotel at Oswestry? :D goody. This means it will be a surprise to even me. (I also thought in July, how the hell are we going to get 20+ skodas in to this car-park?)