early results - mixing 2-stroke oil into derv

Basil

just thought id post up on here

i had added 1 shot of millers to 170ml of 2-t oil (castrol actevo jaso fc)and mixed in a glass container to see if it settled out? after 2 days no seperation so threw it in with 45L of shell v-power last night, went for a drive 50 miles 50mph-70mph varying coasting and hard on boost.wouldn't say its got any more go or sharper response but it does feel smoother as in dulled slightly?

anyway i had taken dB readings before adding it to compare and also videos now on you tube.

car is fiat stilo jtd 16v 150bhp but boxed to 180bhp 20k miles ,

standard from cold start

1/4 warm by now

with 2-t mix but up to normal temp

looking at the evidence so far from my readings all i can say is my car has not altered in noise level inside the car +/- 1dB at idle but the engine does appear to be smoother looking at the glass test(but engine was warmer)

will get more readings from cold start another day and post up.

if it does no harm and helps lube the diesel i will keep using it especially as i run higher fuel pressure due to box.

2T is supposed to clean the engine. I dont know whether this is by dissolving soot. Maybe it will take a while to clean the engine turbo etc....

How does it do that then?

this ones aimed at basil or anyone else running 2-t oil and also water/methanol injection are you running the two at the same time any pros / cons of running both together.?

sorry to reply late - was in Dubai with Xav and away from any internet - car's still running smooth, that with the standard 20-30& meth.

Brilliant question - not sure anyone knows but come to think about it - the worry with alcohol is that it may just remove lubrication from the bores. The 2T adds it.....

Hmmmm

• 1 month later...
Update after speaking to a dealer.

SUK clearly state in the owners handbook, that no additives should be used in the fuel system.

Any engine or pump/injector failures, Skoda now dip the fuel tank and have fuel sample analysed. If additives found, no warranty.

Metallurgy tests can also detect residues of additives, so just one treatment of snake oil, er I mean 2 stroke oil, could blow your warranty.

If anyone really does notice reduced engine braking, then either the injectors have starting leaking, or 2T oil is not being burnt properly, or compression has dropped off.

I doubt anyone will listen, but using 2T oil in diesel is an extremely BAD IDEA.

Why?Why is this "an extremely BAD IDEA"?"Metallurgi(cal)y tests can also detect residues of additives"?Indeed?

Skoda(like :Land Rover )is extremely fast and "no problem" in case of engines or injectors failure to asure the change in warranty time.

But after?Let's try "our new model"....!Or our service very, very very....!

Not?

Was just thinking about this this morning. Done approx 2000 miles since starting using it...

Fuel consumption has gone from 55mpg, to a consistent 58-59mpg. Idles a bit smoother, a bit less smoke.

At one point, had a 'theoretical' range (dist. covered + remaining range) at over 800 miles, which i have never seen before. Highest before that was 650...

I have been using 2T oil mix in my 1.4 16V 100bhp petrol fabia for almost two years now (almost 20000 km) and I will continue using it in every fill. Never a single problem, no lights on the dash or any other type of problems.

It cured some pinking it used to suffer, the engine is much quieter at idle now, it starts better from cold and it revs up really faster than before ... I can't describe but it feels a bit more punchy than before.

I use a lower mix with petrol (400:1) to avoid getting greasy spark plugs, always use Castrol 2T fully synthetic (Jaso FD / ISO EGD are the highest grades and they are smokeless).

Avoid API TC only oils as this american standard is very old and is not recommended nowadays.

Just my experiences with 2T oil on my fabia, I also use it on my Peugeot 307 HDI but that is another story.

Cheers.

Edited by PToledo

• 3 weeks later...

Back into the fold of the outcasts- after 3 or 4 tankfuls of no oil added, I added some the last fill up.

I will try NEVER to fill up again without adding the 2-stroke. That good.

1.4TDI - Now have covered about 3K with 2 stroke. Was using Millers. Brim to brim best without anything 75mpg; with Millers 80mpg; with 2 stroke 80mpg (including the 2 stroke itself). There is a reason there I don't understand as Millers and 2 stroke are rather different, the dilution is very different as is the cost. A noticeable feature of using 2 stroke is that the 'sweet spot' for max economy/noise/quiet feel etc is about 50 rpm higher than with Millers or with nothing. Can't explain anything, but intend to continue with 2 stroke.

• 1 month later...

i have a renault scenic 1.5dci 2005, After adding 2t oil in the engine is much smoother and quieter even my Mrs notice it that was 5000miles ago and no problem to report . On my c270 cdi i havnt notice any difference at all after 3000miles

I've just read this and can't say I've ever found 2T oil that isn't red, which causes obvious issues with tank dips and the clear fuel lines.

I've been using Shell Scooter (?) which is not red,

Just about finished the third tank using it. First one got me 54.6 mpg, the second one 56.8. Not to mention that the engine is a good deal smoother and quieter. I'll be interested to see what sort of result I get when I fill up tomorrow morning - looks good so far....

paul.

I've just read this and can't say I've ever found 2T oil that isn't red, which causes obvious issues with tank dips and the clear fuel lines.

It can come in blue and green but all of the up to spec 2t stuff is probably going to be red