Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

I recently had four of these from Hawleys in Sheffield - I believe they have a number of branches but I don't know about any in West Yorkshire. You will get a better price from them on a web quote than by phoning a branch, but I did manage to get a further discount against the web price at the time of fitting when I decided to change all four rather than just the front set. Got it down to £390 for four (225/40/18Y)

Folks,

recommendations on retailers for these tyres? I have read all the posts and thought I would have a go with the Sessantas.

My Falken 452's have only lasted 14K! Is that too much to ask?

thanks

I just had all 4 replaced by Wheels in Motion. £440 including VAT and fitting. I can't say how long they will last, but I can say the grip level is way better than the Dunlop SP Max that came off. I would totally recommend them. Also they dont half look good!! :D

Folks,

recommendations on retailers for these tyres? I have read all the posts and thought I would have a go with the Sessantas.

You could trye these guys, although they have got expensive suddenly on Ultrac Sessantas; Vredestein Tyres

OR

how about mail order from these guys at £86.25 inc VAT delivered per tyre (225/40/18) and get them fitted locally (fit and balance for 4 tyres should be no more than £50) http://www.elitedirect.com/02-tyres/tyres2bysize.php5?ordertype22=1&saletype22=retail&section=225&profile=40&rim=18&speed=&Submit23=Go

My Falken 452's have only lasted 14K! Is that too much to ask?

Not at all; I'm not sure I'd expect too much more from Ultrac Sessantas. I replaced my 225/45 17s after only 12,000 miles - I do make full use of TDi torque most of the time that will have an effect.:D Edited by bahnstormer vrs

I just had all 4 replaced by Wheels in Motion. £440 including VAT and fitting. I can't say how long they will last, but I can say the grip level is way better than the Dunlop SP Max that came off. I would totally recommend them. Also they dont half look good!! :D

17s or 18s? If 225/40 18s then that is a mighty fine price!

17s or 18s? If 225/40 18s then that is a mighty fine price!

18's - 225/40 ZR18 92Y

Im well chuffed with the grip level, though I got a feeling that will be at the expense of life, we shall see!

£440 inc fitting and VAT for all four corners. The only downside is they found my front nearside wheel was buckled. I remember hitting a pothole near Cockfosters just after the snowy period, which has now been filled in, so I don't know if I will have a claim.

I believe Wheels in Motion are testing a a wheel straightening machine, so I may get it done if they give the machine the green light.

Doesn't look bad either??

27933.attach

Just swapped from Falkens to Vreds

225/40 r18

Vreds give good level of grip and I'll wait and see how much life i get out of them. I got about 18K out of the Falkens but had uneven wear (inner edge) and had to have the wheel alignment adjusted.

All four for £398 inclusive fitted courtesy of my local Skoda dealer - Royce Roberts in Hull, great service.

• 2 months later...
18's - 225/40 ZR18 92Y

Im well chuffed with the grip level, though I got a feeling that will be at the expense of life, we shall see!

£440 inc fitting and VAT for all four corners. The only downside is they found my front nearside wheel was buckled. I remember hitting a pothole near Cockfosters just after the snowy period, which has now been filled in, so I don't know if I will have a claim.

I believe Wheels in Motion are testing a a wheel straightening machine, so I may get it done if they give the machine the green light.

Doesn't look bad either??

Hello JustinCider

Was wondering what sort of mileage can you get out of your front tyres in general.

Myself, I'm in the region of 15,000 miles on the front, the rears have just done 40,000miles with 3m/m tread depth left, and now beginning to perish after 4 years on the road, having the car as new.

Thanks. Ian. 12/06/2009 :):thumbup: