vRS & Scout facelift

IMHO as long as it is only an option!

Has anyone seen any interior shots yet?

I will not be surprised if interior will be same as in LE version ... shame for LE owners :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO as long as it is only an option!

Has anyone seen any interior shots yet?

Cant see the full wheel, so not sure if flat bottomed or not, but this is it

28301.attach

Quite like the look of it myself, though not fully committing to that without seeing one in the metal first! (I made that mistake with the current Ford Mongdog :rofl:)

Couple of things from me though;

- Grille Slats - Not keen on the Grille being slatted, and the Bumper being Honeycombed - they should be matched

- Need to see the Interior - i'm not happy with the light Grey in the current seats - dirt magnets! Hopefully the seat design is changed...

- Chrome Grille - :( I can imagine that front end looking considerably better with a coded Grille...

I would be happy with that as the seats look great!

True, but LE owners wanted to have something special, something different than usual ... so i hope that facelift version will have new interior .

True, but LE owners wanted to have something special, something different than usual ... so i hope that facelift version will have new interior .

I'd be surprised if it does.

IIRC the regular facelift Octavias did not get new fabrics so can't see a reason to change the vRS seats. Considering the LE spec leather I'd also be surprised if Skoda adopt this, as it was a UK market special and they need to have a worldwide spec on the car.

There is of course a 'full leather upgrade' on the option list, so expect this to still be offered.

I have just spoken to my local dealer who didn't realise the vRS was due to be facelifted...

However, checking back with Skoda Retail Support (I think that's what he called them) he has since called me back to clarify.

The New facelifted vRS will start production on Week 23 (read previous Week 22) so that's reassuring.

Also the Specification will be the same as the current brochure

http://www.skoda.co.uk/pdf/brochure_octavia.pdf

I'm just not that keen!

Don't get me wrong it's nice, it just seems to have lost something, I think the basic shape of the MKII is a strong angular look which makes it look very sharp and European.

It now seems a bit more jelly mould at the front and isn't too far from the Lexus GS300 look with the softer lines, wrap around headlights which are a bit big.

Seen a new style fabia estate today for the first time, wasn't sure exactky what it was untill I read the badging, again it seems to have got the Jap/korean look with hints of Hyundai and kia. It was a low spec model, I'm assuming the vrs is looking a bit more aggressive as it just looked a bit girly.

Hope no one takes offence at my comments, as always the more I see a new model the more I'll come round to it....just not sure about these though!

I belive you should be able to order the facelifted VRS as of now. :eek:

My order last week for a MY09 VRS (lease vehicle) has been changed by SF to a MY010 at no additional cost. :):):)

A confirmed delivery date is still subject to confirmation from the factory due to fitting of extras however delivery is expected around first week of August.:thumbup:

I belive you should be able to order the facelifted VRS as of now. :eek:

My order last week for a MY09 VRS (lease vehicle) has been changed by SF to a MY010 at no additional cost. :):):)

A confirmed delivery date is still subject to confirmation from the factory due to fitting of extras however delivery is expected around first week of August.:thumbup:

Perfect - I'll get my request in - cheers!

Skoda seem to be the back of the queue as far as engines are concerned and that is a shame with the VRS. I think it is a shame that it will be DSG only as well. I like a manual.

It is available in manual.

'The 2.0 TSI/147 kW petrol unit and the 2.0 TDI CR/125 kW diesel engine Both come exclusively with a six-speed manual twin-clutch DSG transmission'.

These 2 specific engines with a 6 speed DSG are exclusive to the vRS.

These 2 specific engines in manual are not exclusive to the vRS.