vRS & Scout facelift

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yellow one looks great in this shot with the DRLs... http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1549/mediumsizergbocrs1547.jpg

The interior looks great in this shot... http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4556/mediumsizergbocrs1551.jpg ... even that controversial steering wheel looks ok in this interior.

Most interesting though is the (faux?) aluminium trim looks to have some "grain" to it unlike the pre-facelift aluminium coloured trim on the VRS / ambiente.

The yellow one looks great in this shot with the DRLs... http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1549/mediumsizergbocrs1547.jpg

The interior looks great in this shot... http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4556/mediumsizergbocrs1551.jpg ... even that controversial steering wheel looks ok in this interior.

Most interesting though is the (faux?) aluminium trim looks to have some "grain" to it unlike the pre-facelift aluminium coloured trim on the VRS / ambiente.

:thumbup: on alu (like?) trim.

:thumbdwn: on steering wheel design and "chromish" look (like on gearknob).

Ste

Excellent pics but not sure about the DRLs yet. Cant wait to see what the FL vRS looks like in the other colours.

Any news on spec, options and prices yet?

What colour do you want to see it in? I'll photoshop it. I've done it in Candy White. Looks nice...

th_candy-white-fl-vrs-pshop.jpg

Edited by wega3k

Prediction - That texture to the aluminium effect trim inserts has been photoshopped on to make them look better in the marketing. I think this because the alu coloured ashtray cover and gear stick surround are already on the VRS LE. The alu trim on the LE is the same as the normal, pre facelift VRS. Octavia II - OEM ashtray in ALU look - Skoda Auto,a.s. : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

What colour do you want to see it in? I'll photoshop it. I've done it in Candy White. Looks nice...

I agree it looks great in Candy White.... would like to see it in red and silver if poss :)

I'm probably going to be placing an order for one in the next few weeks and I just cant decide which colour I prefer :confused:

I agree it looks great in Candy White.... would like to see it in red and silver if poss :)

I'm probably going to be placing an order for one in the next few weeks and I just cant decide which colour I prefer :confused:

Favourite colours for the vRS to date have been Race Blue and Black in the majority with Silver & Red chosen by quite a few, white in the ascendancy since it became available (only last year) and only a handful (bought by the brave) of yellow.

Here is a paragraph that I posted in a previous thread in March '08;-

From the vRS Register thread I used to tally up numbers by colour and type (TFSI or TDI); here are the stats (with my opinion) from my last update;-

There are now 270 declared vRS owners. The colour choice is -

Blue - 141

Black - 75

Silver - 30

Red - 16

White - 3

Yellow - 5

Total - 270

Do you want to be a 'sheep' or an individual?

Personally get RED - blue and black are too common.

and the full thread is here;- http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/new-octy-vrs-what-colour/104027/

that is so true. especily where I am i germany. when i bvought mine I hadnt seen any Race blue vRS's, now i cant go a day without seeing a least three.

on subject though the facelift octavia looks really feminine with those lights. the present one has a much more butch musclely look about it,

And the steering wheel is an abomination. IMO a sporty car should not have chrome in it and the grill should be colour coded.Chrome is for executive cars. other than that leather seats look good

th_candy-white-fl-vrs-pshop.jpg

Great - any chance you could photoshop an estate into white also? I'm pretty sure thats what I'm going to order..

Thanks!

Rob

likes- the led lights and the front end in general, leather looks nice

dislikes - the steering wheel, why cant we have a flat bottomed one like the sporty seats and vw's (I am sure the facelifted frand cupra get a flatty!)

I was hoping they would do a bit more with the interior as I have sat in mine for 3 years, I would have liked a bit more of a change to tempt me to get another vRS..

its all left me a little confused..

perhaps a red one with the gunmetal wheels and a black leather interior might sway me yet though...but I may have to have a drive in a petrol exeo sport to see how the interiors compare

My vRS is on order and due for production around the 1st June. (Petrol, Estate, Red, DSG, Xenons)

These pictures are the first I have seen of the FL, as when I placed the order it was presumed that it would look like the "old" model. I am happy with the new style, esp the wheels.

Can anyone confirm re: the 3 way speakers? The "Swing" radio appear to still be 2 way.

Cheers

Garry

Well all in all, I like this and am now sorely tempted to get a petrol version.

I do like those black seats, as the present ones have always been a put off for me and more so the wife! I like the exterior changes too.

I called my lease company yesterday as the facelift hasnt appeared on the list yet and they told me they are due to get the price list in June from Skoda. They also said that Skoda had a habit of releasing the price lists to dealers first before giving them to the lease companies so it may be July time before I manage to configure my new VRS. Just hope it come on the list before I have to choose my next car. If not its an A4 S Line.

i think it looks beeter than the MKII can't weight intil next year when i might be able to buy one:thumbup: and the full leather looks realy nice but the only colour to have whould be race blue:)