My Fabia, Now on coilys.

Hello all.

I dont think ive posted any pics of my car before, but I got it 100% standard.

Ive just had my Weitec coilys fitted, so thought I'd show it off before 'Combe, so people know who I am.

Its dropped 30mm front, and 35mm back for now (im a farmer bare in mind).

Coilys where fitted by a mate, who wants me to plug him on here.

PM me for his details (hes in the Chippenham area, and has been a mechanic for 7+ years, and will do anything as he's now a mobile mechanic).

Ive removed the rub strips and the rear badging (not the Skoda badge), painted the grill, and probably other things that ive forgotten....EDIT: like the mini comps! :rolleyes:

Fabia1.jpg

Fabia2.jpg

Fabia3.jpg

Also, thanks to Dave (my mechanic mate) for polishing my car, inside and out.

Edited by Lofty86

Yeah, don't go too low. My undertray has been having speed bump encounters today! From the sounds of it it's only just skimming the speed bumps (the square ones) if I straddle them but I don't want to risk it, so I now have to slow right down and go over with two wheels!

Just out of interest does everyone else get a reasonable amount of knocks having changed over to coilys from standard suspension? I'm half wondering if I haven't done the top nuts up tight enough, but they certainly didn't want to tighten any further!

Yeah, don't go too low. My undertray has been having speed bump encounters today! From the sounds of it it's only just skimming the speed bumps (the square ones) if I straddle them but I don't want to risk it, so I now have to slow right down and go over with two wheels!

Just out of interest does everyone else get a reasonable amount of knocks having changed over to coilys from standard suspension? I'm half wondering if I haven't done the top nuts up tight enough, but they certainly didn't want to tighten any further!

Give them a couple of months to bed in and spray grease around the base of the springs on the front adjusters.

If theyre still knocking like mine are get them checked.

Lookin' good. But think you need another inch on the wheels, they look like 16s? Although might not be practical for farm driving.

[bad joke mode]

You'll need to tell people your name is ironic now, as you are more lowy than Lofty.

[\bad joke mode]

Haha. Bad jokes are the best.

They are 16's, I had 17" Pro2's on before, and popped two tyres, cracked a rim and buckled another all on the same hole!!

That was an expencive week!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this thread -

I managed to meet Lofty86 the other day for a few parts - It was a shame I couldn't hang around longer.

Top bloke with a very nice car. Thanks for all the help - I hope you had a safe trip back.

All the best,

Rob

Q. Is is just me or on the 2nd pic, has the car got a flat front tyre?

A. Its just you.

Q. What's the ride/handling like with the Weitecs?

A. Handling is sooo much better. Even just trundeling along it rides better. And less road noise too?!

Q. get it slammed, those wheels look tiny tho

A. It will go lower when I move, but at the moment, id end up ripping my sump off in 500yards! I am a farmer, and live up a track with potholes that could swallow a small car!

It looks lower now. Ive fitted my splitter.