Glass cleaning

wilsonian

• 1 month later...
I've always used normal glass cleaner with newspaper......

Does this make me very silly?

it used to be because the ink was corrosive and cut through dirt well but it doesnt anymore. but aslong as your happy.

I use speed detailer on my glass though now and seems to do the job well.

Mr Muscle window cleaner with vinegar.. £1 from tescos.. Done!

Alternatively tesco own brand 88p and does the same job

I have Megs NXT , autoglym and halfords glass cleaners and i still think Mr Muscle is easily as good as those , Baker 21 made a good point about cloths though as that makes the most difference but if not kitchen roll will do a good job

Once they are clean though i use the Carlack kit to polish and then treat the glass

It's more important to have a good cloth rather than the most expensive glass polish you can find. I have used just water before with a proper glass cleaning microfibre and they came up a treat.

Also claying the windscreen is the best thing for getting rid of summer bug splats IMO.

RainX applied occasionally externally and Megs glass cleaner internally and removed with Tork paper roll - it is not impregnated for wet strength such as with Bounty etc. Maintenance is to simply wipe dry with the aforementioned Tork roll. Works for me with absolutely smear free results.

The Tork roll is fairly expensive to buy but due to the roll's length it lasts ages and works out a lot cheaper than kitchen roll in the long run - plus it's far more effective.

i use autoglym glass polish,it came in a pack with car shampoo and polish with a bunch of cloths and a sponge for 20 quid,so thats not a bad buy