Did you know

Sorry, but yes I did! For me this is an essential option as far as comfortable long-distance cruising is concerned. Had a central armrest on my Mk1 SLX and was surprised how 'short' the new one was, so fiddled with it and discovered the slide-forward facility before I'd even driven off the dealer forecourt. I find I can only rest my right elbow (correction: left elbow! I'm amazed no-one's picked me up on this ... I guess I'd have to be sitting with my back to the windscreen straddling the front seat to achieve this - not the safest of driving positions!) comfortably on it when it's in its foremost position.

And .... did you know that, if you jiggle it right, you can also adjust the height of the armrest?

Edited by youngbaz
Can't tell my ar*e from my right elbow - see italicised amendment!)

Exactly the same - back and down for traffic, all the way up and all the way out for cruising. I find that if you have the armrest all the way forward and up when cruising then you can rest your elbow on the rest and comfortably hold the wheel with the left hand on the motorway...

About 3 clicks up & fully forward for me on a long drive when I'm not gonna need to use the handbrake regularly! :)

Flat & slid back for the daily commute... :( Handbrake in use often in the stop/start rush hour madness & with the armrest forward & raised, makes the handbrake more fiddlier... if you get my drift!

What both you guys need is the DSG!! :thumbup: No need to fiddle round the armrest and, if you need handbrake, just slip it into 'P'. So, it's all the way up and out for me 24 hours a day - and ne'er a drop of Vi**ra in sight!

Seriously, with my manual MkI it was a bit of a reach round the armrest to the handbrake, but manageable - with the DSG, no inconvenience at all.

Couldn't live without it, had a loaner for a few days and it was without said armrest and it was a pain in the ***.

And when you get a new car you should fiddle and feck about with everything in the car before even driving off :P

C'mon guys. Dear me. It's all in the hand book.

The handbook isn't as sociable as the Brisky massive...lol

And lets face it if everyone refered to their handbook and believed every word in it we'd all be servicing at skoda, we'd all have the same tyre pressures, no one would mess with the ride height or geometry of their car. and the world of Briskoda would be useless as we have all the info we need in the handbooks.:D

So let's have £££ off the price and not put the cars out with one then if it's that useless. I agree it's more fun using Briskoda but it's there for a reason.

I think the aux socket was fitted later, probably when the stream HU was changed to the stream mp3 version.

I think the aux socket was fitted later, probably when the stream HU was changed to the stream mp3 version.

Sounds right, mine is a March 06 model so no stream3.

Are there any other differences from the early OctyII to the later ones?

Maybe I should start another thread asking this:)

I found out when I was trying sitting in the back and leaned forward put my hand on the rest and it slid forward, thought Id broke it lol.

Ive asked about the aux socket before, but it seems that it is only 2007+ cars that have it :thumbdwn:

Anyone know what the pull handle inside the jumbo box is for?, it just seems to lift up half an inch and thats it, doesnt seem to do anything.

And as for the manual, its not the most user friendly of things, I only found out what the button below the drivers seat belt mount did because of Briskoda:thumbup:

Anyone know what the pull handle inside the jumbo box is for?, it just seems to lift up half an inch and thats it, doesnt seem to do anything.

Its to allow cool air into the box, its the same as the glove box. its a nice place to keep sweets :)