Spaceship mileage!!!!!!!

After a night out ordered a taxi, (still got hangover) and guess what turned up? yep a mk1 octavia estate, thought nice to be in a skoda! So started chatting to driver and then looked over at the speedo! :eek: Could not believe what i was seeing 456,894k :eek:

So in shock horror had to find out more driver told me he brought the car new back in 2002, and has done that mileage in just 7 years!!!!!

The best bit is it's the original engine and gerabox! ( a diesel by the way) its had 3 new clutch's in that time and normal service items!

I have never know a car with that sort of mileage! The driver is in the process of contacting Skoda HQ to see if there interested in the story!

hi glenn.... seen this on a number of occassions myself.... apparently it is quite usual for taxi companies using skodas, that these ultra-high milers can be found... my vRS pd130 on 35k should be good for a few more miles yet!!!

I have seen SDI mk1's about with 270k and 330k in the last 12 months. As long as the driver isn't a maniac and thrashes the car everywhere, taxi's live a good life where they are running with hot engines for 10 hours at a time. :)

I know a farmer who has a nissan patrol Jeep(awfull yoke) It has 810k miles on the clock and still going!

some Patrols about with over the million!!! awsome car (tank) built to last :thumbup: Hope the octi goes long enough to get to half of that :)

Bought my 05 vrs mk1 in April this year.100k 1 owner,service book stamped every 10k.Hope to get more good miles from it.

Hey, another high mile 05 vRS, I bought my RS estate early last year with 100k on the clock, now got 118k, full book (or two) of stamps. Just treated it to a set of 17" spiders too, looks like it always should have now. :D

I knew of a farmer who had a Peugeot 505 with over 550K on it! That was a diesel and just kept on going!

I was impressed with my Favorit 1.3 had 141K on it (still went and drove great) - just didn't keep it as my sister didn't want it.

I had a 98 Passat Estate TDI (110) I sold a couple of years ago had 98k on it when I bought it & 130k when I sold it original clutch, it didn't miss a beat & the only thing I replaced apart from routine service items was a broken front spring & a blown bulb!

I was taxi'd (is that a word?) in a Mk1 Octavia diesel (don't know which engine) over on Corfu with 800k kms on it and the speedo had failed, so no idea what it actually had on it! I tried to ask him how long the speedo had been dead for but he tried to charge me more so I left!

Of course, back in the dim and distant (you know, about 20 years ago), odometers only recorded up to 99_999.9 miles before resetting, and some makers used to use ones that only recorded up to 9_999.9 miles.

• 2 weeks later...