Surging....Aaahhh!

funkyjutel

Right OK , I'm sorry that I got involved with this thread .......was just trying to advise Andre ..................didn't realise the whole "James Gang" were waiting to pounce on it .............should have known better ;)

I didn't interpret it like that Pete :)

Tuning=Good

<3 Skoda

Andre, surely Mike or Des will have a solution ... surely non ?

(p3)

'Real' surging is caused by changes in boost, this is down to the opening and closing of the wastegate. When I experienced it on a previous 1.8T I owned it was caused by poor wastegate control in the remap. However other common causes are the N75 valve and the DV.

You've got laugh at it all......or this "subject" would surely drive you mad. ;)

Brother Jutel,

I don't seem to recall Des having a "surging" problem with his map previously. I know he had a "special" done that's more progressive than the typical and was done with all his mods in place.

If the LAN pipe, exhaust etc were removed then I doubt it would cause the problem as the ECU should adapt after a "few" miles.

Have you had the intercooler pipe change......can't remember the exact details but Jon and Ian had this done....not even sure if it's the same error code. Worth a search on the site to eliminate it at worse.

I guess the usual suspects have been checked i.e. dodgy connections, split pipes, N75 etc.

Also have you had it remapped after it's recent turbo change?

I would suggest getting the car on the rollers to see what it's actually doing....give Mike a buzz.

I agree with adrian, rollers are the way to go. Once you have changed so many key things its inevitable that some things will change, perhaps this turbocharger is not so boost friendly.

I have / had a "slight" surge with my revo, have cured most of it by tightening the clip that holds the vacuum pipe on to the DV (Bailey DV30). Have the REVO set to 98 ron, use shell optimax and have just added some miller octane booster, seems better still but time will tell.

Would check vacuum pipes, what type of dump valve is fitted, maybe it needs replacing???

This goes to all who appear to be slagging each other / various tuners off.

LEAVE IT OUT

Whether it be in fun (in your eyes) or not, it is not constructive and does not help anyone.

Andre it does sound like your map, get it checked. To those who have said its REVO or Jabba, sorry, but you is wrong, it's neither so get back in your boxes :P

Have a look at the error codes, although I doubt there will be any. If there are, you is very lucky :)

Installed the ice yet?

Fair enough, my posts were assuming any remap though as they all work on the same principle. Why the big secret over the tuner though? If we know who it is there may be others who have experienced the same symptoms that can help.

Andre, hope you get it sorted I know what a PITA it is when your motor is running right.

Andre uses Impossible alot doesn't he? I would agree with everything people have said about getting the map looked at. Sounds like maybe the new turbo hasn't accepted the map with welcome arms. ;)

That's why I thought the software would be upsolute as Impossible are dealers for them. I'm intrigued now to know just what remap he does have.

Hello all' date='

Been a bit quiet of late, mainly due to technical gremlins with the car :mad:

I have had the reoccuring 17705 problem and have recently had a fair bit of work done and things replaced all to the tune of almost £700.00 :eek:

Thanks to Dave and the crew at Rainworth for a job well done.....all is fine apart from at this point an incurrable surging problem, which no end of new parts has been able to cure :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hear from the grapevine that I am not the only one and that this appears to be happening with Jabba, Revo, APR and other maps and as yet no-one has an answer :thumbdwn:

My car is A1 with everything working to perfect spec according to the extensive work that has been done at Rainworth and yet the surging continues.

Car will be in with Mike at Impossible this weekend to see if we can find a cure. Just wanted to know who else is having these problems and if anyone is close to getting any joy from their tuner as to what is causing this problem.

It's driving me mental I have to say, as well as my bank balance. :thumbdwn:[/quote']

THE ANSWER:-

Clamp the MAP sensor using a diode, fit a manual boost controller to prevent spikes. The ECU is spoofed into thinking max boost is only ever 1bar.. the lambda handles the fueling.. you can run upto 1.5bar on a k03 or 2.0bar on a k04.... no surging just plenty of wheel spin...

PM me for further details.

This is not ecu map related but a design feature/flaw in 20v T engines.