Surging....Aaahhh!

funkyjutel

Hello all,

Been a bit quiet of late, mainly due to technical gremlins with the car :mad:

I have had the reoccuring 17705 problem and have recently had a fair bit of work done and things replaced all to the tune of almost £700.00 :eek:

Thanks to Dave and the crew at Rainworth for a job well done.....all is fine apart from at this point an incurrable surging problem, which no end of new parts has been able to cure :mad::mad::mad:

I hear from the grapevine that I am not the only one and that this appears to be happening with Jabba, Revo, APR and other maps and as yet no-one has an answer :thumbdwn:

My car is A1 with everything working to perfect spec according to the extensive work that has been done at Rainworth and yet the surging continues.

Car will be in with Mike at Impossible this weekend to see if we can find a cure. Just wanted to know who else is having these problems and if anyone is close to getting any joy from their tuner as to what is causing this problem.

It's driving me mental I have to say, as well as my bank balance. :thumbdwn:

Hello Andre , it's overboost as I'm sure you know :D ..........had this problem myself for a day , until I took the car back to Jabba , had the map smoothed out a bit and it's fine now (ok I still get it occasionally , but nothing like it was before , and I can live with it )

The more manic the acceleration the more likely you are to get overboost , this can obviously be adjusted if it is a custom remap , not so sure if it can be done with an off the shelf remap .

PM me if you need directions for Crowland ;)

Hi chaps,

In mine it surges wildly in each gear over 3000rpm surging between 0.5-0.9 bar and if you have a boost gauge you would see the needle going up and down like a whore's draws.

Not great especially when you are overtaking, the car goes then hesitates then goes "overboost" as some may say.

Rainworth say the car is seeing a ghost heavy load under accelaeration then backing off the boost then back on again. They cannot figure out what is causing it as everything else is working fine. :confused:

I agree with Pete (and I'm no expert), but the remap is whats causing it. When mine came back from Jabba's it was so violent, I went back to have it turned down. Still not perfectly smooth, but managable.

Hi chaps' date='

In mine it surges wildly in each gear over 3000rpm surging between 0.5-0.9 bar and if you have a boost gauge you would see the needle going up and down like a whore's draws.

Not great especially when you are overtaking, the car goes then hesitates then goes "overboost" as some may say.

Rainworth say the car is seeing a ghost heavy load under accelaeration then backing off the boost then back on again. They cannot figure out what is causing it as everything else is working fine. :confused:[/quote']

I certainly don't experience anything like that :eek:

:rofl:

Here we go again.

The posts by myself and Rich1068 trying to help were just met with sarcasm. So I just thought I'd join in the Briskoda tradition of pointless posts taking the subject so far OT that the poor guy with the problem gets nowhere.

The posts by myself and Rich1068 trying to help were just met with sarcasm. So I just thought I'd join in the Briskoda tradition of pointless posts taking the subject so far OT that the poor guy with the problem gets nowhere.

If the mods don't like it they can step in and delete.

If YOU don't like it, you know where the door is.

Feel free to take your cronies with you.

As this is Des's old car, i would think he'll be the one to give Andre the best advice.

If YOU don't like it' date=' you know where the door is.

As this is Des's old car, i would think he'll be the one to give Andre the best advice.[/quote']

Firstly, yes they could. It often happens. Secondly, Eddy has as much right to be here as you. Thirdly, Des isn't here. Fourthly, I object to that. Strongly.

Now can we please get back to helping out with someones problem without the name calling and sarcasm.

If YOU don't like it' date=' you know where the door is.

As this is Des's old car, i would think he'll be the one to give Andre the best advice.[/quote']

Steady fella! Just having a bit of fun.

I know what the mods can do, I reckon they know as well without you telling them all the time.

I don't have any cronies, if I did I'm sure they'd be able to find the door by themselves.

As this is Des's old car, i would think he'll be the one to give Andre the best advice.

If I recall Des had his map redone several times by Mike at about the same time he did mine to a bit lower boost. All I can say is mine is fine with no sign of fluctuating boost on the guage.

Andre, best you have chat with Mike. Do you still have the ABD LAN fitted as Des changed it back to the original on his new car?

Chris