Performance modifications to the throttle body

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you take the Butterfly out you get full throttle everywhere:eek:

Yet another useful answer, I am sure the De-Tuner will appreciate the help.......LOL

Hows things Dave, long time no speak?

are there any modifications that can be made to the throttle body itself to increase performance either bhp or torque?

You can dramatically increase the performance if you detach the Octavia from your throttle body and attach a Lamborghini to it instead.

I would have thought the TB would be the least of your worries. :P

Its just another part of the continuing worries and problems with the "De-Tuners" car, perhaps he should start a thread for each of the problems, good way to get his thread & post count to 20K plus?

You can dramatically increase the performance if you detach the Octavia from your throttle body and attach a Lamborghini to it instead.

HA HA HA, made me smile

I would have thought the TB would be the least of your worries. :P

Fortunately a lot of problems are out of my control, i mean who would have thought it would take this long to change 1 thing and do a bit of welding eh???

If I recall correctly, you can by an adaptor plate so that you can fit an R32 TB to a 1.8 inlet manifold, what difference this makes I wouldn't know. With forced induction, I couldn't imagine that a bit of smoothing here and there is going to make a awful lot of difference to getting air into the combustion chambers

If I recall correctly, you can by an adaptor plate so that you can fit an R32 TB to a 1.8 inlet manifold, what difference this makes I wouldn't know. With forced induction, I couldn't imagine that a bit of smoothing here and there is going to make a awful lot of difference to getting air into the combustion chambers

I think the OP has reversed the air flow so his car now runs less power. The only thing his car now pops off is the air filter.

I am also reliably informed that if you actually stop the turbo from spinning (insert large nut into turbo) it improves reverse air flow. :rolleyes:

Guest westallc
I think the OP has reversed the air flow so his car now runs less power. The only thing his car now pops off is the air filter.

I am also reliably informed that if you actually stop the turbo from spinning (insert large nut into turbo) it improves reverse air flow. :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The bonus is that he can never drop or lose that nut as he always knows where it is.

Very handy storage space, perhaps the second dump valve was also a storage location?..........................................................LOL

Am i missing an interal forum joke here?

With regards to the actual question, the gains on a forced induction engine would be minimal, it has the capability to flow quite a high volume. It may be worth upgrading to a larger diameter body and enlarged inlet manifold if you go big turbo, but not on the K03S turbo :)

Kind Regards

Garry

Am i missing an interal forum joke here?

With regards to the actual question, the gains on a forced induction engine would be minimal, it has the capability to flow quite a high volume. It may be worth upgrading to a larger diameter body and enlarged inlet manifold if you go big turbo, but not on the K03S turbo :)

Kind Regards

Garry

The "De-Tuner" aka Andyrew is part of the internal joke between several of the forum members.

He is already running a GT28, he is also having an equal length manifold fitted on his Octy vRS and is looking to make more improvements, but most things he does personally, seem to reduce performance, hence the nickname.

Have a word with Des when you see him, the details might just make you smile....................LOL

Edited by Beretta
My keyboard cannot spell properly !!

Ah right :)

I want a GT2871RS. Need to fine someone how has one fitted to let my Mrs drive their car and see what its like. She wants to make sure its not too laggy or undrivable, but like the stock car, just quicker :D Once she gives approval i will be on to Mike :D

Garry

Ah right :)

I want a GT2871RS. Need to fine someone how has one fitted to let my Mrs drive their car and see what its like. She wants to make sure its not too laggy or undrivable, but like the stock car, just quicker :D Once she gives approval i will be on to Mike :D

Garry

You have PM