Waxing a brand new car

Jon TDI

Jifster: when are you having your car done? How much is it costing?

I had mine done already week before last. Still waiting for the kit though as Mark was waiting for ingredients, should be on it's way hopefully though.

If you want official genuine Swissol you can only be sure you are getting it from a Swissol authorised retailer - and certain 'magicians' are not, having alledgedly been involved in some pretty dubious practices, including apparent non-delivery for up to 6 months.

Application of Swissol is easy, you can do it yourself in about 3 hours, especially on a new car with no real problem areas, and the Starter Kit ( pre-wax cleaner, Onyx wax, cloth and applicators) starts at

I am happy with what I posted but have no intention of entering into a who said what debate on Briskoda. No thread as far as I know has ever gone this way & I dont wish to start it here.

I am posting purely as an individual who has had excellent service over several years & my post is based purely on that, knowledge I have & various conversations with others.

I would also like to add my support for Mark.

Yes I have read those ramblings on other forums, but my dealings with Mark leave me with nothing but praise for him. His advise is honest and to the point. He does not try to sell you overpriced rubbish, or stuff you dont need.

I would use him again no question.

OK guys, what sort of cost we looking at for Mark to treat your Car, say a brand new Octy prior to delivery. Not after exactly what you paid just a rough idea, please.

Or do I opt for the Dealer Paint & Interior Protection stuff forget then name.

Cheers.

OK guys' date=' what sort of cost we looking at for Mark to treat your Car, say a brand new Octy prior to delivery. Not after exactly what you paid just a rough idea, please.

Cheers.[/quote']

Why not give Mark a call?...thats the best bet for getting a price.

As an added note, I paid my dealer

OK guys' date=' what sort of cost we looking at for Mark to treat your Car, say a brand new Octy prior to delivery. Not after exactly what you paid just a rough idea, please.

Cheers.[/quote']

You will need to call Mark as the cost is very dependant on where you are & when hes in your area, if he dosent have to make a special trip just to you the cost will be very competitive against the dealer supplied stuff. Comparing what we paid Mark with the figure our dealer quoted us I think the dealers must make a killing on it !!

You will also get the benefit of seeing it done & gleaning knowledge from Mark for future car care, and you can get some multiclean delivered at the same time.

Regardless of who sells what product & by what means, I started this thread to find out if it would be OK if I waxed my brand new car straight away or would it damage the paint & protection?

Jon, as per my first post it will be fine. Paints are all water based these days so within a couple of days of manufacture it will be hardened so wax away as much as you like.

I recently had my car resprayed & we waxed it 2 days later with no ill effects

Stuart