45 litre tank??

53 litres was the record for me.... I was forced to run my car for over 20 miles with the fuel mileage reading ZERO.... Thanks to the lack of fuel stops on the French autoroute I was on. :rolleyes: And it was about 50 litres just to the "click" then a big topping up.

If you press the button on the side of the filler pipe, you will be able to put more fuel in ( expansion tank). You can remove it but I can't remember what it's nicknamed. You must NEVER do this to a petrol car or park it in the sun with such a full tank.

I personally have never done this and rarely drive with the fuel light on.

Hi,

Just checked my fuel records for my 06 BLT vRS.

I always fill up completely using expansion tank.I have several times put in about 55 litres.

With out exp tank it is around 45litres.

The most I have squeezed in is 57.41 litres.

Last Sept 08 I covered 732.1 Miles on one tank using 55.3 L getting 58.34 mpg

I often drive gently but I do love to give it full throttle to 4K revs in 3rd and 4th sometimes.

vRS lover

According to my mpg calculator (see sig) i've today just put the most in my tank.... 56.36 litres... Still showed 5 miles range and i've preiously run a good 5 to 10 miles on 0 range so could have gone a little longer this time. Next two largest fill-ups are a 55.82 litres and a 55.60 litres in the past.

Cheers

Dave.

I went down to 10 for the first time in my vRS today! used to go down to 5all the time in my Elegance but as haven't had the vRS all that long (well, 11 months now) slowly working it down to be sure it's not wrong.... that, and getting to work with 10 miles left could be an issue when my house is 12 miles away... that's a risk i'm not yet up for taking ;)

Well as a result of me trying to outsmart the fuel computer, I managed to fill up 59.44 litres!

However that was after breaking down :D

Computer said I had 15 miles left, but it conked out and refused to start after having to stop suddenly whilst on a hill. Mind you it was my own stupidity, should of known doing 50 miles more driving when the computer was reading 30 was only going to result in a FAIL at some point :rolleyes:

Still impressed me the amount it took, 5 litres from the can and then 54.44 at the garage which was 1/2 mile away after I got her restarted.

Also not too bad MPG, 626 miles giving me an average of 47.81 :thumbup: