vRS TDI cr 170 Octavia remap

Has anyone heard of ChipBoost in Scarborough?

They are advertising on ebay with remaps. I have contacted them and they offer a remap package that gives the cr engine 210bhp and torque of 350. This is for £300.

I'm a new owner, with a 58 plated vRS and still mulling over if I should remap or leave it! What pit falls are there with a remap, except the increase in insurance and lack of warranty, if they find out! But is the engine more likely to fail or parts of it?

It all sounds interesting and I am seriously thinking about the remap, but what should I do???

Any comments would be appreciated

So do the new CR170's have a stronger clutch? I was under the impression the old PD170 could only take around 300lb/ft, the same as the PD140?

I've had quotes from Angel tuning and Revo. Angel are pricing £295 and Revo at £399. I've heard a lot of good things about Revo, and I know the guy who would be doing mine. I had a good chat with him and he says that there is an inherant problem with the 170 cr engine, with the dpf. He says it needs a good blast out every now and again and that is the only problem he is aware of with the 170. He is in his 60's and knows VWs inside and out.

He says it'll put out around 220 to 230 bhp, which sounds interesting. I'm going for a bit of crack with him tomorrow and see what he says. He's a no bull sort of bloke and won't take your eyes out.

Will let you know tomorrow!

I'd be surprised to see a Proven 50-60bhp increase from just a Remap alone

I've never seen it Yet but there is a first for everything :rolleyes:

Don't be drawn in by quoted power gains. You usually get the Torque (maybe a little more) but i've never seen a car make the quoted BHP gain

Carl:thumbup:

Best thing to do is give James a call, or e-mail him. I did a few times before my remap and he is very willing to talk and advise. I know he runs a Leon FR diesel (with the nice OEM body kit), and that's mapped to about 210bhp - it's his daily runner and from talking to him says there are no issues.:thumbup:

Went to have my car remapped, but the Revo dealer didn't have the right software for my car! He said he'll check with Revo tonight, but he didn't have it handy!

He said he had the software for an E ecu but not an EL!

Bummer!

Your thread title mentions CR170, as opposed to PD170.

I thought the only provider currently of a CR170 remap was Performance Torque, unless I am mistaken (which is quite possible).

I have discussed the cr170 remap with the Revo agent and an Angel rep, both tell me that their company has a remap for this engine. The Revo rep checked my ecu, but couldn't find a match. The Revo website does have information for the cr170 in Audi, Seat, VW and Skoda varients, but I am waiting to hear from Revo, because they are local and I have heard very good things about them. I'll give him a ring later to see if he has found a match!

Your thread title mentions CR170, as opposed to PD170.

I thought the only provider currently of a CR170 remap was Performance Torque, unless I am mistaken (which is quite possible).

NO - I have BlueFin in my CR Tdi VRS

It's ok - not the most powerful map available but enjoyable non the less

Round town its hardly noticeable - but 3rd to 6th wow talk about pull :thumbup:

Too early to say if the MPG is any better (think it will be)

VFM well so so - depends if you need to put the map on and off etc.

plenty of posts on here about pros and cons of Bluefin

The data logging is a useful toy too

HTH