Number Plates - VRS Logo

Hi, I've been looking at getting some new plates made up as mine are a just plain. I've seen a few cars on here with VRS or Skoda Logos down the side which I really like. I've done a search and the best i've found are Demonplates but they're a tad pricy... I know they're good as I've used them before, but I wondered if anyone else knew any other companies that could make up plates like the ones below?

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6306/plate.png

Cheers

Marc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given current regulations i think you will be lucky to find anywhere that makes anything other than standard plates that display a uk registration.

What makes them illegal, just the Skoda/Vrs Logos?? Its legal to have the euro flag or english/scottish flag etc. now.

Marc

Your right, the Union Jack,England,N ireland, Scotland, Wales flags are legal now but car logos that are part of the No. plate are illegal. The plate makers name has to be at the bottom off the No. plate as well.

Your right, the Union Jack,England,N ireland, Scotland, Wales flags are legal now but car logos that are part of the No. plate are illegal. The plate makers name has to be at the bottom off the No. plate as well.

And postocode and reference to the British Standard (BSAU145d)

If you want some nice lookng plates, try the UK legal pressed plates from http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

the british standard mark that has to be on it shows the plate conforms to uk spec, which is a standard plate, you are allowed to have a country band on the side aslong as its a gb country.

AFAIK the fine is still £30, I should know, I give a lot out!! (although I have been off sick for nearly four weeks so it might have changed...come to think of it, the entire law has probably changed in that time!)

Have to say, as long as the font and spacing was legal, I wouldn't bother with it, unless the driver was being an a**e (although what everyone else has said about the GB etc is correct and it would be illegal)

I suppose it depends on the rest of the car and the driver's attitude really:D

I've noticed Plod is pulling a lot of cars in West Lothian for illegal plates.

really? havent encountered tham yet but my cars been away recently. i would like to see if they stop me for my 'CZ' plates :rofl: although to be fair i think my front plate will give them more chance of being able to issue a fine but i'll be keeping it as legal as i can get away with.

I got mine from demon plates about a year ago. Has all the legal markings down the bottom, but has the VRS logo down the left and has illegal font.

I think jonnycatbiscuit has hit the nail on the head. Ive been to quite a few cruises recently with quite alot of police. If you pull up in a battered corsa with the same illegal plates they would maybe have a word, but generally if your civilised and they can see your pasionate about your car and you don't mean to deceve anyone or cameras, then your ok.

You can see my plate in this thread

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/ap-coilovers-pics-because-i-know-you-wanna-see/151199/

AFAIK the fine is still £30, I should know, I give a lot out!! (although I have been off sick for nearly four weeks so it might have changed...come to think of it, the entire law has probably changed in that time!)

It has indeed changed while you've been off!!

Increase as of 30th June according to Seatbelt and illegal number plate fines rise : Directgov - Newsroom

Just read that about the increase in the fine for seatbelts and number plates.

Surely there is a big difference in agendas there - dont wear a seatbelt and you could die - I aint going to kill anyone if i miss space or use a non-standard font!!!

I understand that a completely unreadble plate is beyond a bit of personalisation. But the german font or even the irish font are easily redable - I dont see what all the fuss is about!!!

Just to show how petty the law is - my dad owns 1996 Volv 850 estate - registered in Ireland , has an irish plate on it - now been registered in the UK and has been here for 8 years. the registration number is MiB - and as such is shown on the plate with a small letter "i" - my dad hasnt had any problem with the plates in 8 years - and now my father has been pulled by the police and issued with a £60 for "trying to make it look like something that it isnt" How exactly is using a letter "i" instead of a "I" to look like something else is beyond me!

Also my Scirocoo looks like this:-

18102008025.jpg

And i've had no problems with it so far!

Also did you know you dont have to have white on the front or yellow on the rear! Its worded as "should" in the law - not "MUST"

It's because all number plae characters have to be standardised in order to be read by the ANPR cameras; and all letters are standardised in CAPITAL letters. You don't need an "I" to be written as an "i" because nothing else looks like "I" (as "1" has a hook leading into it)

...and before anyone starts, I don't make the rules. And for the record I probably wouldn't give that Scirocco (or is it a Scirocoo?:D) a ticket unless the driver was obnoxious towards me IF I decided to pull it...

...Also did you know you dont have to have white on the front or yellow on the rear! Its worded as "should" in the law - not "MUST"

I think you have misinterpreted the wording here dude...

Try a red number plate, and see how long you last...:rofl:

It's because all number plae characters have to be standardised in order to be read by the ANPR cameras; and all letters are standardised in CAPITAL letters. You don't need an "I" to be written as an "i" because nothing else looks like "I" (as "1" has a hook leading into it)

...and before anyone starts, I don't make the rules. And for the record I probably wouldn't give that Scirocco (or is it a Scirocoo?:D) a ticket unless the driver was obnoxious towards me IF I decided to pull it...

Number 1's no longer have the hook in it! it just looks like a capital "I" - I work for halfords and make them on a daily basis!

Why did my dad get a ticket then? He's the most pleasant and law abiding person i know!

yeah I know about the colour of the plates - what i thought was funny was there was a copper in getting a set of plates made for his own car (cause they had been stolen!) when he mentioned about the colour of the plates and make a comment about they not having to be yellow & white!

Just read that about the increase in the fine for seatbelts and number plates.

Surely there is a big difference in agendas there - dont wear a seatbelt and you could die - I aint going to kill anyone if i miss space or use a non-standard font!!!

I understand that a completely unreadble plate is beyond a bit of personalisation. But the german font or even the irish font are easily redable - I dont see what all the fuss is about!!!

Just to show how petty the law is - my dad owns 1996 Volv 850 estate - registered in Ireland , has an irish plate on it - now been registered in the UK and has been here for 8 years. the registration number is MiB - and as such is shown on the plate with a small letter "i" - my dad hasnt had any problem with the plates in 8 years - and now my father has been pulled by the police and issued with a £60 for "trying to make it look like something that it isnt" How exactly is using a letter "i" instead of a "I" to look like something else is beyond me!

Also my Scirocoo looks like this:-

18102008025.jpg

And i've had no problems with it so far!

Also did you know you dont have to have white on the front or yellow on the rear! Its worded as "should" in the law - not "MUST"

Nice Motor! But then I am biased having a Scirocco for weekend use and a VRS for the daily commute!

Mines up for sale :( 160347018349 - on ebay!

Now why would you want to sell that!? If only I had more garage space.... On my second one now which I've had 11 years so far. Just lately it gets so much attention from other motorists that I have to hide behide sunglasses at times! (like on the slow drive back from Inters '09 at Junction 18 of the M1 carpark!)

As a token gesture to the Thread, I had non-standard logo's on my Scirocco's numberplates and got a warning letter from the rozzers, but didn't swap them as I heard that the logo rulings only applied to vehicles registered on/after March 2001! Don't know if that would stand up in court though. Replaced them anyways a few weeks ago ready for the show season as they were looking a bit worn, and just went with the standard plates. Amazing how a new set of plates makes the car look newer! :)

Here is the DVLA document which seems pretty clear about white for the front and yellow at the rear - at least for vehicles manufactured after 1/1/73.

It also shows an example of the font and lists what info must be shown on the number plate.

There is also a comment about displaying the Euro symbol, although this has been superceded by Law change allows motorists to fly the flag : Directgov - Newsroom

V796.pdf

Thanks for all the replies, think i'll probably end up getting some euro ones.

The pressed alloy ones as shown above... do you need to buy holders for those too.. or can you just drill them? Wasn't sure if they'd bend if fitted conventonally with screws.

Cheers

Marc