Future upgrade - Next diesel?

After researching a few cars I am considering what to upgrade to in the future when I come to selling my vrs, I am looking for something similar to the vrs's torque and feel but faster as stock with good mpg, low insurance and practicality, so here are my final 4

BMW

320d sport

330d sport

A3 sport back

2.0 TDI (170ps) Quattro S Line 5d or same in Sport

Leon

1.9 TDi FR/Cupra (150ps)

which would you recommend?

Edited by RallySport150

What's the budget?

I can't see why you've over looked the new model Leon FR at 170 bhp for the old 150 one, and excluded the BMW 123d with +200 bhp yet put the similar sized Audi on the list and some larger BMW's.

That sounds critical, but I don't mean to be. Just trying to get a handle on your choices......

What's the budget?

I can't see why you've over looked the new model Leon FR at 170 bhp for the old 150 one, and excluded the BMW 123d with +200 bhp yet put the similar sized Audi on the list and some larger BMW's.

That sounds critical, but I don't mean to be. Just trying to get a handle on your choices......

up to 15k

So........ Back to the 4 cars the OP had narrowed it down to.........

For me it'd be the Audi. I don't need the space of the 330d, I don't trust Seat to have the same build quality as the rest of the VAG group, and living in S. Wales where it never stops raining the quattro system is also appealing. But that's just my 2 pennies worth.

....Why not something with the winged arrow badge? Octavia vRS PD170?

BMW diesels are the sweetest sounding, smoothest and most refined diesels out but is it needed to pay the premium for one? Unless you do the motorway miles its not worth it?

Edited by Skoda-Msport

I found a 330D slightly slower from 30-100+ up a hill than a remapped PD130.....

Depends what age 330d it was, as that unit's been through a fair few revisions; 184bhp through to the current 245!

It would be the A3 from that list for me. But given a slightly wider list I'd probably have a 123d M-Sport 3dr...

Steve

So........ Back to the 4 cars the OP had narrowed it down to.........

For me it'd be the Audi. I don't need the space of the 330d, I don't trust Seat to have the same build quality as the rest of the VAG group, and living in S. Wales where it never stops raining the quattro system is also appealing. But that's just my 2 pennies worth.

Gonna stick up for the Seats here as I have one (Granted it is a 51 Plate Toledo) but it has been rock solid and extremely well built. Nothing has come off and the small issues I have had (Dyeing convenience unit the biggest one) have plagued all of the VAG Range.

However, the new Altea and Leon don't feel like they'll last the course like mine :(

:thumbup:

Some good cars here, i guess the ultimate would be the 330d but it will cost more, next would be the A3 as its at the top of the VAG group for quality + 4WD and then the LEON as its the cheapest out of the 3.

I prefer the old LEON's styling to new one so it would be the 150

If I’m not bothered about practicality = 123d coupe, don’t like the hatchbacks style

Don’t like the styling of the Octy VRS PD 170

Depends what age 330d it was, as that unit's been through a fair few revisions; 184bhp through to the current 245!

It would be the A3 from that list for me. But given a slightly wider list I'd probably have a 123d M-Sport 3dr...

Steve

probably the 03+ 204bhp