which exhaust for my furbie?

Hello,

Well its time to start spending money again as boredom strikes and on my list is exhausts. Which exhausts have people got fitted and what can people recommend?

I know the scorpion systems are cheaper than the miltek ones and then there blueflame or whatever theres so many options. I want a nice one which; looks standard (oval), helps with performance, sounds good but without the chavtastic ear bashing.

And do people recommend De-cat pipes? and what sort?

Thanks

Alex

i always say this lol its like a record on repeat but if you have the funds get pipewerx to make you a custom one! you'll not be disapointed! and you have any design you want and any noise lol!

mine is amazing and has a life time guarentee!! dont want to offend anyone on here but milltek and blueflame are pretty common now and are getting a tad boring!

Jetex have released a system for the vRS. Its £188.11 inc VAT which I think is the cheapest cat-back system you can get at the moment for the vRS. The only other systems I am aware of is the Scorpion system which is around £200 and is only 2'' and then the blueflame and Milltek (2.5) which are similarly priced - (Miltek being slightly more)

According to the website the Jetex system is mandrel bent, 2.5'' stainless steel with the slightly squarer oval tail pipe.

They are good quality exhausts, I had one on my S40 T4. They dont sound chavish at all and the tail pipes are tastefull OE looking.

Good luck finding a system that suits your car and needs,

Alex

I've never understood people who pay money for a de-cat from milltek etc. It is exactly the same to simply cut the cat out and weld in a length of standard exhaust piping,which can be bought for next to nothing!And any mechanic will do it for about £20 or £30...

Sorry to get off topic!

Mustve been a rough mechanic then dave,in the fabias the cat is extremely easily taken out,its in the middle of the exhaust system,just cut around 30mm from the cat on each side!

I take it your cat was up closer to the manifold?maybe even integrated into it?

I've never understood people who pay money for a de-cat from milltek etc.

Probably so they can still put the standard cat back in that hasnt been butchered to make the decat

The milltek decat is a bigger bore than the standard pipe work aswell

I'v got a milltek decat and cat back on my vrs and its niiiiiiiice :thumbup:

Mustve been a rough mechanic then dave,in the fabias the cat is extremely easily taken out,its in the middle of the exhaust system,just cut around 30mm from the cat on each side!

I take it your cat was up closer to the manifold?maybe even integrated into it?

See my recent post about this in the fabia section. Your right it is easy, and saves money, but only if your running std power. Once you start tuning the bigger bore decat is needed. For some this isnt an issue if its jus the noise they want, but for me its the performance gains im after too,

Matt

I'm going custom

Hate the standard exhaust tail pipe and most of the aftermarket ones are the same or similar as the standard one.

2.5 inch turbo back straight through with De Cat into twin 3inch tail pipes is how i want it

I've never understood people who pay money for a de-cat from milltek etc. It is exactly the same to simply cut the cat out and weld in a length of standard exhaust piping,which can be bought for next to nothing!And any mechanic will do it for about £20 or £30...

Sorry to get off topic!

...Thats the easiest/cheapest way to gain a few bhp but if your car is remapped, bigger turbo etc or you have the plans to do that then you either need a 2.5 or 3'' turbo back so just hacking the cat off wont do as the stock bore will still be the restricting factor on bigger bhp vRSs.

You wouldnt run a 200bhp+ Fabia on a factory bore exhaust system would ya?

Jetex have released a system for the vRS. Its £188.11 inc VAT which I think is the cheapest cat-back system you can get at the moment for the vRS. The only other systems I am aware of is the Scorpion system which is around £200 and is only 2'' and then the blueflame and Milltek (2.5) which are similarly priced - (Miltek being slightly more)

According to the website the Jetex system is mandrel bent, 2.5'' stainless steel with the slightly squarer oval tail pipe.

They are good quality exhausts, I had one on my S40 T4. They dont sound chavish at all and the tail pipes are tastefull OE looking.

Good luck finding a system that suits your car and needs,

Alex

Sorry - your pricing is well wrong - its more like £285inc VAT & delivery

Oh and here is the Prototype on my car!

11052009163.jpg

11052009164.jpg

11052009165.jpg

11052009166.jpg

11052009167.jpg

13072009213.jpg

27072009.jpg

But I can get them for about £250! If anyone wants one!

That looks very good Polo. :thumbup: However I wonder why it is painted Black. Are you sure its stainless steel, because I can't see the point if it was, only if it's mild steel.

I agree with the OP If and when my system fails I want an aftermarket one. The Milltek is very good but I don't like the twin pipes, I would prefer an OEM looking Oval.Wasn't there another system, Magnex, but has gone bust this year. :rotz:

Erm not being funny here OP but how are you running 184Bhp with a standard system?

Im running a milltek system + magnex de cat. One of the tips fell of though so I cut off the other one and went with a oval tip that was put on by pipewerx. Could do with getting a custom one off them and I'd recomend them

But I can get them for about £250! If anyone wants one!

they are only £188.10 from Jetex direct, why would anyone pay £250 ?

...Sorry bud, just going on what they list on the Jetex.co.uk website:-

Exhaust Type Half system

Details 1.9L TDi

Year 03-07

Part Number 27-H9PR

Fits to:

Catalytic Converter/Downpipe

Diameter:

2.5"/63.5mm

Tailpipes:

Single Oval 70/140mm

Price £188.10 inc VAT

I think its £195 including delivery though. Can someone correct me if Ive read the info wrong or something

Also, I think the reason why they are so cheap is because they are not 100% T304 stainless steel, the pipework is painted black beacuse it appears to be stainless/chromium steel which would sound about right because the last Jetex system I bought for my S40 T4 was just that.

TBH, its a bit misleading as they do state it is a STAINLESS system on their website.

Edited by Skoda-Msport