Stolen

The The

Got my Fabia stolen early last Monday morning from my drive, the lowlife broke in to my house and pinched the keys while me and the wife were asleep, also took my wallet the wife’s purse and my phone but they were after the car. Insurance have agreed on the phone to £7350 but I have 350 excess! The cops said the Fabia vRS is being targeted at the moment; they were prepared to break in to my house and risk a bloodbath if they woke me up (I have a knife in the bedside draw) just for a small Skoda so make sure yours are secure each night.

Man that sucks!

We had something similar recently, broke in while we were asleep and stole a handbag only?? took about £70 in cash from the purse and that was it but left front door open and all the lights on etc.

Its why I keep all my keys etc. upstairs now near where we sleep!

Hope it all goes through the insurance okay mate

Sorry to hear that mate. Have they found it abandoned anywhere? or is it just plain gone? Theiving little 5hits want their hands chopping off, end of.

I can honestly say hand on heart if I ever woke up and found anyone in my house, I'd do a serious amount of time as I'd happily kill them. No ifs, no buts.

I'd rather avoid the confrontation, at the end of the day its only a car, if someone were to be injured and lets face it, some of these scum can be very dangerous.

And it's why I leave my keys downstairs where they aren't obvious from outside the house , but not too hard to spot inside.

It's only a car and I'd much rather they took it than woke me , weaponry in hand.

I'd quite happily fight someone to defend my property , but not when I'm barely awake and undressed.

I'd rather avoid the confrontation, at the end of the day its only a car, if someone were to be injured and lets face it, some of these scum can be very dangerous.

It may only be a car, but it's not their car to take.

Just voicing my opinion here and not trying to upset anybody (especially Chris_s:)) but IMHO it is attitudes a bit like the quote above that lets these dirty lowlife theiving scumbags think that they can just take whatever they like.:rotz:

And it's why I leave my keys downstairs where they aren't obvious from outside the house , but not too hard to spot inside.

It's a sad fact that most people probably think about where they are going to leave their keys before they go to bed just in case someone breaks in for them!

Two words - Broken Britain :(

… and undressed.

But surely that would be enough to scare them off :rofl:

Seriously though, I agree. Keys are always on the table downstairs. I'm not risking making my son daddyless for an ego compulsion and a hunk of metal – beautiful though it is :o

I live is just outside Yarm near Stockton, the cops said it passed a camera on the way to Bradford in the early morning but nothing has been seen of it since, I always take mine and the wife’s keys and put them at the top of the stairs on the way to bed as I know somebody who had their keys fished out of the letterbox, so they had been up the stairs. They took both sets of keys as the wife has a 09 1.2 fabia but chucked hers away, the neighbour found them in her garden, they clearly wanted mine! It’s Silver NX06YTR if anybody sees it.

Privilege insurance have been good as I told them it was garaged when it was on the drive due to my garage being full of furniture at the moment and I hadn’t told them about an sp30 I got a month ago and they are still sorting the claim ok.

It's a sad fact that most people probably think about where they are going to leave their keys before they go to bed just in case someone breaks in for them!

Two words - Broken Britain :(

You are overstating the amount of thought here.

Long ago I made the decision about where I leave my keys and don't give it much consideration now.

As I said , I'll quite happily defend my property and family with as much violence as I can get away with , but am not going tempt fate and put myself at a disadvantage by encouraging thieves to come upstairs.

Privilege insurance have been good as I told them it was garaged when it was on the drive due to my garage being full of furniture at the moment

Lets just hope no-one from privilege sees this post :rolleyes:

Jesus you guys are pessimistic, I have already told Privilege everything about the car being on the drive and the sp30 and they were fine, You should tell your insurance as soon as you get any points, I always divulge everything on renewal but I didn’t realise I was supposed to do it straight away, the guy said people very rarely do.

Got my Fabia stolen early last Monday morning from my drive, the lowlife broke in to my house and pinched the keys while me and the wife were asleep, also took my wallet the wife’s purse and my phone but they were after the car. Insurance have agreed on the phone to £7350 but I have 350 excess! The cops said the Fabia vRS is being targeted at the moment; they were prepared to break in to my house and risk a bloodbath if they woke me up (I have a knife in the bedside draw) just for a small Skoda so make sure yours are secure each night.

Seems a common thing, guy few doors up had his vogue nicked but the idiots lifted the keys for his a6 as well and came back the next night for it... even tho the house was under police surveillance

I follow the American attitude to breaking and entry. They wouldn't be walking out.

awww man sorry to hear about the loss :( dont blame you on the knife thing, I keep my car keys safe, and i keep the .22 loaded ;) drug headed 13astard5. Hope the insurance works out and you recover fast mate! :thumbup:

sucks to hear that dude! hope the robbing ******** get whats coming to em!!

and about defending the home. its the fight or flight thing!

the people who say they'd rather avoid confrontation are the ones who faced with the situation will take what steps are necessary to defend themselves

the people who say they'd do this and that to whom ever was in the home would most likely not do much and would more than likely end up getting hurt!

When mine was stolen, it was on camera going towards Bradford as well, as was a friend of the wifes A3 stolen on the same night...

Lokks like the same gang is operating again.

Having also been a victim of this you have my sympathies.

Not quite the same circumstances mind but close enough. As a result when I go to bed so do my keys. If a half-naked me confronting them doesn't put them off then the 4 call Maglite will.

Gutted :( my Octy vRS was stoled in January - exactly the same thing happened. It was quite frightening really. Anyway - we've since changed our windows and doors and now have a burglar alarm, PLUS the cops nabbed the thieves!

They're due in court in November - HA!

The same night they nicked a golf gti, a golf r32 and an audi a3, but left one of the sets of keys to our octy in one of the the golfs' ashtrays. Since the golf was recovered, they could link the crimes together and they found our car after 3 months - but not before it had been used in three other burglaries...

We got a good price - it was a case of finding all the ads online that have your car but are for sale for more, then pointing out the options that yours had (if applicable) which would make your car worth more. That's what we did and we got an extra £200 - enough to cover the excess :thumbup:

Hope all works out :)

Gutter of a thing to happen. My dad has a bmw 730d which is a well stolen car, as was my old mondeo and fiesta st's. But i never thought the vrs would be a target!

My dads bmw keys are hidden as the car rarely moves and my fabia keys i just dump anywhere lol

You are overstating the amount of thought here.

Long ago I made the decision about where I leave my keys and don't give it much consideration now.

As I said , I'll quite happily defend my property and family with as much violence as I can get away with , but am not going tempt fate and put myself at a disadvantage by encouraging thieves to come upstairs.

You're missing my point here Zoidberg. You DID think about where you were putting your keys at some point and now leave them in that place all the time. Should you have to do this? Are you proud to live in a country where you have to / had to do this?

Did your parents have to think about where they put their keys 30 years ago when they went to bed just in case someone broke in to steal them? No of course they didn't they never gave it a second thought because these things did not happen anywhere near as often. It was not just 'accepted' as something that may happen when you go to bed.