London to Brighton...

Hicksy

As taken from the "How many vRS owners" thread...

Sunday 12th December 2004, Clacket Lane Services on M25 @ 0900 hours then down to Brighton :thumbup:

If we get loads and loads and loads of us it'll be an excellent day out!

Also open to non vRS Furby's too :D

Will start a list now, as normal cut and paste your name in :P

1 - Hicksy

2 - lfc958

3 - Walkie

(just assuming you both want to take part as on other thread you put your name down)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, why? What does having the event as a charity any different? :confused:

They may constitute it as a parade for which they can decide they need to police it and charge for their presence - nothing to do with it being for charity.

Plus this is on open forum too if the plod is scanning - scooby net have had trouble in the past I believe.

what about the likes of the London to Brighton run done by mini's?

I'm not saying don't do it but just be aware of how the attitude of plad can affect things.

Could be an interesting couple of months for charity fundraising on Briskoda ;)

The smart london to brighton had no plods on it and took 2000 cars on the run. The only police presence was on a hill down and that was only checking whether your vehicle was registered and taxed etc. No accidents, no speeding tickets, Fantastic day out. Still got the sticker on the back of my car :)

Reaction on previous threads i dont think we would get near to 100 cars turning up on this date. ( prove me wrong please )

I would like to do this purely to meet other members, and would gladly give my time and effort to arrange with Hicksy and any other volunteers.

Steve

Having done the smart L2B for the last two years (in a smart...), I'm game - should have my Furby well and truly on the road (left the factory two weeks ago - and I want it now!). I'll put my name down as soon I get the keys!

Jerry

Reaction on previous threads i dont think we would get near to 100 cars turning up on this date. ( prove me wrong please )

I would like to do this purely to meet other members' date=' and would gladly give my time and effort to arrange with Hicksy and any other volunteers.

Steve[/quote']

I'll be willing to help out as much as I can! Maybe Skoda UK Might be interesting in gettin involved (ok I'll doubt it) maybe they could hand out a prize or something at the end for best car or something.

Ok maybe that is wishful thinking!

Losers = Skoda Uk by the sounds of things! :rofl:

Um... a few poeple have posted on here but not added their name :confused:

Come on guyas and girls share the love on the 12th of the 12th :grouphug:

Charity event eh? That sounds like a good plan, not so much as paying to take part more like giving a donation out of your own free will just on the same day as everyone else? If I remember I'll have a word with a

:cop1: buddy and see where we stand, obviously it'll be a 55mph drive all the way down there to conserve fuel ;)

Norf a da riva (spit) furby's could always meet up at South Mimms and then cruise on down to us Southern Fairies if they would prefer? This is the first time I've tried to organise anything like this so if i'm going about it the wrong way or if anyone wishes to add anything to the plans then do feel free :thumbup:

1 - Hicksy

2 - lfc958

3 - Walkie

4 - Chavyboy

5 - flatfourburble (Mike)

I wish i learnt in a furby vrs would of been grins all the way :) bet some of your pupils scare the pants off you with all that power

Yeah mate and its not even a VRS ..... started life as a pd100 but well things have gone down a slippery slope.......

well I've got the number for Skoda's PR department. I will try and call them later today (if I have time at work I'm short staffed today) and see if they might be interested in helping out. I'm guessing like trax they might not want to play ball.

Maybe we could get some sort of sponsership from family, friends work buddies etc to raise money for a charty. Giving that it is close to christmas maybe it could be a childrens charty?

If this doesn't get off the ground with just furby's maybe this could be a briskoda general event.

Possible this could be a yearly event if we could get it to work?