furbi vrs mpg

Lloyd55vrs

Did it make you insurance premium go up by much and how much was the remap if you dont mind me asking

Thanks

What i pay for insurance will probably differ from what you pay, but with all mod's declared i paid £315 fully comp with 6yrs protected no claims.

Have no idea if it affected the overall cost as i had it done at renewal time, so the premuims should have come down with another years NCB, but maybe a slight increase with the map.

Prices are on the website i think, but Mike will give you a good rate if you mention that i told you to call him.

** EDIT**

I should also have mentioned that Mike has a Fabia vRS too, and its remapped (of course) so he knows how to get the most from them ;)

Edited by daveyonthemove

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends entirely on quality of the road, number of roundabouts, and "sharp" corners etc. Maybe my "fun drive" is less demanding on brakes and engine than your "fun drive" :)

there are no roundabouts or sharp corners between Oxford and Junction 15 off the M40 :(

What i pay for insurance will probably differ from what you pay, but with all mod's declared i paid £315 fully comp with 6yrs protected no claims.

Have no idea if it affected the overall cost as i had it done at renewal time, so the premuims should have come down with another years NCB, but maybe a slight increase with the map.

Prices are on the website i think, but Mike will give you a good rate if you mention that i told you to call him.

** EDIT**

I should also have mentioned that Mike has a Fabia vRS too, and its remapped (of course) so he knows how to get the most from them ;)

Cool, thanks fella. The VRS was purchased to save money so dont want it to be too costly to do otherwise the wife will say no :(

To update this thread last week I drove 250 miles to holdiay in Cornwall. On the outward journey I averaged an indicated 83.3mpg for the first 70 miles then hit traffic. At theend of the journey I still managed to achieve 81.1mpg

The return trip wasn't quite so good but I still managed 76.8mpg over the 250miles and at an average 45mph.

Sure I wasn't pushing it but neither was I crawling either. The car is standard except that I have a Van Aaken tuning box fitted and run the car with Millers Turbo Power 4 additive in the fuel.

Who needs BlueMotion when you can have a vRS and the best of both worlds, amazing economy and/or rapid cross-country transport.

To update this thread last week I drove 250 miles to holdiay in Cornwall. On the outward journey I averaged an indicated 83.3mpg for the first 70 miles then hit traffic. At theend of the journey I still managed to achieve 81.1mpg

I think the important word in this sentence is indicated. However, even if your trip computer is as inaccurate as mine you're probably still looking at the best part of 65mpg which for a car with the performance of a vRS is pretty impressive.

I averaged an indicated 83.3mpg for the first 70 miles then hit traffic. At theend of the journey I still managed to achieve 81.1mpg

The return trip wasn't quite so good but I still managed 76.8mpg over the 250miles and at an average 45mph.

This is getting silly now!!! - No matter what I do, i can't seem to get my trip to read any better than 49 mpg, and thats driving like a nan.

This 'Millers Turbo Power 4' seems to be used by quite a few who have better mpg - i suppose i should do a search!

between 50 and 55 mpg usually , maybe a little less in town

Even driven "progressively" I get around 55mpg.

However, I have attempted an experiment to determine how many mpg I could achieve if i drove it very gently (and I mean gently). On a 50 mile journey from Woodley to North Oxfordshire at a speed no higher than 60mph (mostly motorway/dual carriageway) my Furby vRS achieved 84.4 mpg.

Truly amazing!

Just refilled mine.

507 miles to 41 litres = 56.2 MPG

All trips driving to work and back nice & steady motorway route. The MFA (I'm still in VW mode) shows 70+ MPG average each trip (79.3 best), so quite a lot out. :( well over 10 MPG

Long term trip shows around 61-62 MPG

Hi,

I have had my furbi VRS for over 2 years and commute 100 miles daily. The accuracy of the Computer is debateable. I have averaged 53-54 mpg. This is down by brimming the tank till you can see the diesel settle about an inch below the filler and reset the trip meter. The computer on my car seems generous about 4mpg too high. My Car is starting to puff out smoke when dropping a gear and I am now also considering changing the MAF sensor as they do degrade. Another point of note is that when cars are remapped the onboard computer does not recognise the true mpg. Another thing that may possible affect the fuel consunption is small leaks developing on the intake hoses of the turbo. These can become loose over aperiod of time and on some occasions actually pop off under hard acceleration. I am a time served diesel engineer and have experience with tuning these PD engines. Getting over 60mpg is extremely good for a VRS even doing motorway mileage at 70mph.

Just refilled mine.

507 miles to 41 litres = 56.2 MPG

All trips driving to work and back nice & steady motorway route. The MFA (I'm still in VW mode) shows 70+ MPG average each trip (79.3 best), so quite a lot out. :( well over 10 MPG

Long term trip shows around 61-62 MPG

I think mine is very similar - my trip computer shows an average of 74 each day, but the fuel guage is nearly touching half way after 250 miles.....

I've averaged 51 MPG since I got my Fabia - and that's worked out properly, not using the dash MPG readout (although it's usually only out by less than 1%). Driving is mostly motorway at 80+ MPH and I'm on Toyo T1-Rs which I understand aren't the most economical tyre.

Did the ventectomy a few weeks ago and can squeezed 620+ miles out of a tank now.

Are you serious?

I get 400 to half a tank on 95% of my tank fulls.

I don't do much town driving, and i try to avoid motorways at all times, so my journeys are usually a good mix and A and B roads, and if i drive to the speed limits, i normally see 64mpg on my 140 mile commute home at weekends.

Tank average is usually 55-58mpg.

400 miles per half tank, don't talk out your a*se

your doin well for a tank that only holds 45L

ha im with you mate, i like the way everyone is really optimistic and over the top about what mpg and total miles they get. Don't lie people

ha im with you mate, i like the way everyone is really optimistic and over the top about what mpg and total miles they get. Don't lie people

What reason do people have to lie about it?

Why not TRY things for yourself?

Here is a pic of my fuel state after 400 miles:

DSC00297.jpg

Here it is on its last few miles (aprox 20-30 miles left):

DSC00300.jpg

And here is my fuel receipt to prove that you CAN get more than 45 litres in the tank (as the handbook clearly points out):

DSC00308.jpg

Bearing in mind that i drove to the forecourt for fuel, its a safe assumption that there could have been 3-4 litres left in the tank. add that to the total you see on my receipt and it equals you looking like an ****.

Cheers :thumbup:

I have just done a quick calculatuon of 52.89 litres and allowing 595 miles , comes out at 51.072 MPG.

based on experience with my previous car ( Re mapped fabia vRS) this is average ( i got 50 - 53 mpg).

dave you have over filled the tank then somehow lol, it must be all the way up the filler neck aswell right to the top to get that much in, the book states the tank is only 45L

Yes mate, as i explained a few posts back, i brim the tank. Fil it to the absolute maximum and stick the cap on.

The tank is 45l but there is a reserve of 7.5l. add that to the amount i get into the filler neck, and its not far off 60l

But of course, if E11HAS hasn't tried this, then i must be a liar :confused:

For what should have been a pretty anal mpg comparison thread, this has provided some entertainment :rofl:

I fill up, drive till the light comes on, then fill up again. The distance till this happens varies a fair bit, depending on where I've been (home or Glasgow) and how I've driven.

Simples

My day to day drive of 2-3 miles motorway then 5 or so miles of small urban road gives me between 42-44mpg (with an indicated 55+ figure)

On a long motorway journey to Scotland I got 53mpg (with an indicated 70+ mpg!!)

Please IGNORE your indicated trip computer figures, they are ridiculously optimistic. Also unless your an anally retentive MPG fanatic I don't think much over 50mpg is realistic for everyday driving. I have to admit I was underwhelmed with the mpg figures I achieved with the car when I first got it, but what the heck... 40+mpg isn't bad for a brisk little hatchback.