Carbon Vinyl Roof

iantype-r

Finaly managed to do my own roof and bits after doing everyone elses, I was going to do it gloss black but someone asked me do do theirs so I went for the carbon, really pleased with it, ill get some more pics when I get my computer back,

P1000586.jpg

P1000587.jpg

P1000588.jpg

P1000576.jpg

P1000579.jpg

P1000595.jpg

I can't make my mind up about the roof, maybe it's because the spoiler is still yellow.

It certainly sets the car apart though, and I bet you're pleased with it:orb_cool:

I'm loving the vent and gear stick gaiter surround though. If they were available in a chrome finish then they would definitely be popular, as I've always thought it's a bit risky to paint the interior as it can be prone to knocks and chips would really show on the inside. It'd certainly think about getting them.

Edited by Woolfy
1/10 for typing, must try harder - see me

Is this the real carb vinyl which comes matt and also feels like cf as apposed to the naff stuff you get? read some really good reviews on it as it can easily be heated and stretched like you have on them interior parts. can be clear coated for the shiny finish and 'more real' looks.

I'm seriously debating doing parts for my new vrs in this as it does look amazing. (not a fan on the roof though :S)

Liking the carbon interior detail, need to do the ashtray lid though ;)

Like the roof too, Not normally a fan of carbon but think it really suits the yellow! Makes me wonder what a matt black vinyl would look like on other colours.. maybe even black magic, as most people go for shiny, don't they? I like the matt look of yours! :D

There's a matt black Cayenne round our way.. actually looks good for such an ugly motor!

There was a thread on ed38 about the real stuff (well real vinyl lol).

Prices are:

£67 for a 5mx0.75m

£113 for 5mx1.5m

So a few people to go in on the smaller one and your finding a bargain. (5m is alot lol)

Bit of a hijack here (sorry iantype-r)

Do you peeps think this would work to chrome the vents and gear gaiter surround?

Seems a remarkably cheap solution to avoid painting and laquering and then still being frightened of chipping it

so where can you buy this film ?

I've only managed to find this on uk websites so far, but is only 610mm wide, so great for interior use, but not the whole roof.

There are a few US sites where you can get pre cut sheets for all the exterior panels, so you can have an entirely carbon fiber (bloody Americans can't spell for toffee), chrome, or brushed steel car.:crazy:

If it can be done OTT and without taste, then the Americans will find a way:rofl: