What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Drained the oil, crossed the threads on the sump putting the plug back in, fitted new oil filter, bought new sump and then apologised to the car.

Tomorrow I shall be fitting the new sump  :sweat: First time for everything

Do you have a large tap or access to a garage/workshop that you could borrow a tap? You could try cleaning the thread up if it's not badly damaged - sure they'd take the new sump back if you could recover the original.

Topped up oil, topped up screenwash and washed my Octy this morning. It was 3oC and my hands felt really cold by the time I'd finished.

Started damage control procedures. Ripped off the front end and pulled the engine. It's smokey, running horrendously and it failed emissions badly. Did nearly 3 times the limit. The repair job was also botched beyond all recognition. I'm surprised it passed the last seven MOTs. Headlights were fastened with a glue gun, hood is rotten and the crash bar looks like it went ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

Still, decent engine, leather interior (don't ask how, as far as I know it was never an option) and 74k miles with full service history for no money whatsoever (90 quid). Best part is that according to Carfax, the meter was never manipulated.

Took the car to Gizmo68's for a diagnostic scan. Happily, nothing worse than a heater flap not flapping.

As a newbie to Skodas (cutting edge compared to the elderly stuff I'm used to driving) and to the forum, I'm grateful to members like Martin who are prepared to spare their time and share their wisdom. Cheers mate.

• Like 2

Went out in scooby today so fabia didnt get any use, just sat looking miserable in the rain. Was going to fit new set alloys but off set is wrong. Damn it :(

Im admitting to being impressed with even thinking of swapping your alloys.....I sometimes consider it but worry that I'm opening a can of worms by attempting the change. It would look good on my vRS changing from silver to gun metal/anthracite but I just can't take the leap!

Light coloured car, dark wheels.

Dark coloured car, silver or light coloured wheels.

This is why I have black winter alloys for this season. Need to get them balanced again before I put them on, I found a load of weights on the garage floor under my wheels. Clearly not been pressed on hard enough...

Went to change bust nearside dip bulb....discovered headlight mount seems to bejammed after 4 yrs in situ.

ARGH!

:wall:

(and off to Copthorn Skoda on Sat' morning)

Light coloured car, light wheels.

Dark coloured car, silver or light coloured wheels.

This is why I have black winter alloys for this season. Need to get them balanced again before I put them on, I found a load of weights on the garage floor under my wheels. Clearly not been pressed on hard enough...

Corrected that for you. :rofl:

Checked and topped up anti-freeze, topped washer bottle with screen wash, checked bulbs and rain-x'd all exterior glass ready for this alleged terrible winter. 

Took it for an MOT. Passed smog with flying colours. In fact, it was so below the limit that the technician had to set the cars prod year to 1992 instead of 1996, otherwise he didn't get a reading.

Now all it needs is a lick of paint and its good to go. I'm a bit ****ed that I can't keep it. Feels like a real solid motor and it was practically free. Where can you get a low mileage Octavia with the 1.8 N/A engine, facelift front and a leather interior for 400 quid?