What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Changed the oil with help from cdt123. I also changed the air filter and its runnin good. When putting the car back down after doing the oil change though this happened;

47305E7E-94B1-4194-B814-AB49A5DA4CAE_zps

Don't worry, it's actually not too noticeable once you remove the jack stand

Cleaned it!

Also ended cleaning my Dad's Yeti yesterday after a van overtook him had something very terminal happen to engine mid overtake. Result was pretty much all of the Yeti was covered in a film of oil.

Also broke out VCDS and made the Yeti feel Australian and it now has the big mph readout on the maxidot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use auto glym shampoo conditioner and it's very good, can praise it enough.

Does seem to bring the panels up nicely doesn't it- and clear plenty of crap off too.

Bought some Autoglym alloy cleaner, polish and wax (Halfords three for two deal) as well, so I have near enough a full detailing set now!

Need to get some pictures after I have spent a while cleaning and polishing.

JRJG

(Yesterday)

Took the centre dashboard air vents and trim out due to the dial not opening some of the 'flaps' on one side, discovered the problem; 'teeth' that do the turning of the 'flap' had snapped off on three of them, hence they rolled around quite happily but weren't controlled by the dial at all.

As it wasn't essential I thought I'd leave it be, then I managed to drop one of the metal clips down the back of the dashboard... twenty minutes later, much tapping and removing of trims later, I tried breaking my wrist in order to manipulate it around a seemingly impossible angle to finger tip grab the clip. The wrist survived.

F***ED ABOUT trying to get it back in before realising the vents need to be clipped into the trim before the entire thing would slot neatly and easily back in.

All in all: a very satisfying and education afternoon. Life is one big lesson and that was a great one, plenty of time fiddling and faffing about, the kind of thing I somehow strangely like doing, you can't buy experience.

JRJG

• Like 1

MOT (passed) and aircon gas top up this morning. Changed handbrake cables (nothing to do with MOT just had noticed recently on adjustment that the equaliser bar was very uneven) and fitted new wheel centre caps and wheel bolt caps this evening.

• Like 1

Installed amplifier and subwoofer and bunch of wires to make it all work. Bruised my hands, lost a clip or two, drilled a hole for "ground" cable, which i then didn't use. But worth it.

Edited by Sektor1300

Finally got rid of the crappy stream (non-mp3) HU :rock: and fitted a Kenwood unit. Nice easy job that took nearly 2 hrs cause the neighbours kept stopping to have a chat lol then got it all wired up to realise that the HU stayed on after turning the ignition off, only to find I'd put the piggy back fuse in the wrong fuse slot :confused:. swapped it over and all working fine.

Now just a have to work out how to work the radio. :hysterical:

Edited by Mikek3111

Had the fronts re-balanced and tracking done following the puncture at the weekend - agent said the tracking "had taken quite a knock and was well out".

you putting a claim in to the LA for that? I would.

you putting a claim in to the LA for that? I would.

Am certainly considering it Lee - I've found out the LA responsible and have photographs of the offending hole and surrounding area. Any costs have been bourne by my company though so morally, if I received anything I should pass back to them. Not sure at the minute what to do because they will likely just reject it based on the Section 58 of the Highways Act.

Picked up some silver Yeti interior trim. Modding before the thing has even arrived, oh yes :D

And taken a deposit on the Octy. A busy Skoda day :thumbup:

That's a bloody big chopping block you have there. Nice kitchen BTW :D

Thanks Lee, yeh we just got the new house built and finished there recently .....Thats why im sitting typing this at 01.51 and leaving for work soon ...EErrrhhh Bills Bills Bills , :swear:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 1

Tuesday had a pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 3s fited to the front, the barely run in Ultrac Sessantas have been relegated to oversteer management duties.

Wednesday saw an 05:30 start for the trip from Cardiff to Mansfield, where I had an uprated Sachs clutch fitted. F*** me its "heavy" and because its new and not bedded in the biting point is somewhere in a juddery mass. Apparently needs around 1500 miles to bed in, and David told me not to use full performance during this time, I'm afraid I lasted around 220 miles, and discovered the zing had gone. Remembered the battery is disconnected for the job, so did the stationary throttle reset which seems to have fixed it. Failing that I'll maybe put the original map back on for a while which will help ease the new clutch into service, then reinstall the performance map. The next 1000 miles over next couple of weeks are going to be M4/M5/M42/M1 anyway, and the std engine performance is adequate for that.

Edited by stever750
  • Like 1

Tried to rotate my Uniroyal Rainsport 3's after the front ones are almost gone. Made the mistake of buying online, assuming the load rating would be fine but isn't. End result is two front tyres barely lasting 4000 miles. New ones on order but garage don't get them until end of the month.

Rear wheels didn't want to come off and my rubber mallet is missing. I'll have to go to a garage to have it done instead.

Also came to the realisation that I'm completely bored with this car and all the hassle that goes with it. I'm desperate to change it.

Tried to rotate my Uniroyal Rainsport 3's after the front ones are almost gone. Made the mistake of buying online, assuming the load rating would be fine but isn't. End result is two front tyres barely lasting 4000 miles. New ones on order but garage don't get them until end of the month.

Rear wheels didn't want to come off and my rubber mallet is missing. I'll have to go to a garage to have it done instead.

Also came to the realisation that I'm completely bored with this car and all the hassle that goes with it. I'm desperate to change it.

What load rating did you have on? I was eyeing up RainSport 3 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL. Think that's plenty load rating?

What load rating did you have on? I was eyeing up RainSport 3 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL. Think that's plenty load rating?

92 is the correct load rating for an Octy2 vRS, on 225/40/18s.