What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Lovely job, as always Chris. Always a great colour -- I very nearly bought an estate in Slate grey before getting the one I have. But grey? Come off it, it's BLUE! Typical Skoda description -- like my Cappuccino Beige. If I was served a Cappuccino that colour it would get thrown back!

Sorry I couldn't get over to say hello, but days off were changed after making arrangements.

Is that gorgeous Monkey Puzzle tree still spiking anyone who dares get too close? :D

Mike

Only if you forget it's there Mike

I hardwired my RoadHawkHD dash cam in the dark :D  (with me family guy pjs on yeah)

yi8BVtW.jpg

DD63bjy.jpg

hC1zeyw.jpg

6lFPPEP.jpg

RO6meHe.jpg

I wired it to 42 on the fuse box as that seemed to be the only one that was ignition live that i wanted to touch anyone know if that will cause me a problem ? ALSO what size fuse for the dash cam? the original 12v cig connection has a 25amp in it so I'm guessing it can run off the same but i put a 20amp in for now. 

8wxxXLa.jpg

the piggie back fuse is causing the fuse box cover to not sit flush but i can live with that 

Wp4Z4ho.jpg

Everything OK ?

Im going yes hes fine,

but everything isnt okay.... he put his car into a ditch backwards

Swerving to avoid a family of swans in the roads isnt that right outofthisworld..... ;)

Everything OK ?

I'm fine, but the car needs a new radiator, new front bumper, new bumper trims, underskirt and rear mud flaps. I'm going to call VASSTech in half an hour when they are open and see if they can get a trailer there and recover it. Everything else seams fine but of course it will need to be checked over properly to be sure.

Im going yes hes fine,

but everything isnt okay.... he put his car into a ditch backwards

Swerving to avoid a family of swans in the roads isnt that right outofthisworld..... ;)

No, it was a buss full of dyslexic ginger one armed ethnic minority children. :D

• Like 1

I hardwired my RoadHawkHD dash cam 

ALSO what size fuse for the dash cam? the original 12v cig connection has a 25amp in it so I'm guessing it can run off the same but i put a 20amp in for now. 

Is there an inline fuse for the RoadHawk?

I know the Blackvue uses a 3A inline fuse... so that is what should be in the fuse tap.

A 20A fuse is FAR too big and will offer no protection at all 

• Like 1

Is there an inline fuse for the RoadHawk?

I know the Blackvue uses a 3A inline fuse... so that is what should be in the fuse tap.

A 20A fuse is FAR too big and will offer no protection at all

It has got a inline fuse because its the official hardwire kit designed to be hooked straight to the battery has a filter box on so when it detects voltage drop it cuts the power avoiding deadening the battery.

So its immaterial what's on the fuse ointo the box isn't it ?

Anyone know if its OK being in slot 40 in the fuse box its a blank ?

Just called VASSTech, they have the car and the keys, so it will be locked up all safe and sound until the radiator gets delivered and things will go from there. Now, just the problem of getting to work by 6 on Monday.

How far from your house ?

17mph on a push bike and you'll be there in a hour :)

I've just been on my bike to test it and went 3.7 miles and back and it took me an hour. My bike doesn't work very well  :no:  It's been sat in the garage since I left school just over 3 years ago and it seized up. I covered the gears and brakes in WD 40 to loosen them up and the front gears are stuck in the middle cog. Which is exactly how it was when I left it in there. I'll get a cab it will be easier, and I'll be able to do some work when I get there :D

I've just been on my bike to test it and went 3.7 miles and back and it took me an hour. My bike doesn't work very well  :no:  It's been sat in the garage since I left school just over 3 years ago and it seized up. I covered the gears and brakes in WD 40 to loosen them up and the front gears are stuck in the middle cog. Which is exactly how it was when I left it in there. I'll get a cab it will be easier, and I'll be able to do some work when I get there :D

no bus or train service? a weekly ticket around ours for the bus is £16.00 bargain if you use it 5 days a week for work there and back.

no bus or train service? a weekly ticket around ours for the bus is £16.00 bargain if you use it 5 days a week for work there and back.

Not for when and where I need it, I'm hoping the car will be usable by the end of Monday so I can drive it on Tuesday. Or worst comes to worst I'l seep in the static caravan at work and walk the 4 miles into town for food. After all, I'll have all night.

Got back home off holiday and whilst the mrs started the unpacking i re-installed the 4120 firmware on the Columbus after it crashed on the first day of our holiday away last weekend leaving the Columbus stuck in German with no audio of any kind (Radio, HDD, SD card, Sat-nav voice or BT from phone). Luckily the sat-nav itself still worked but without the verbal instructions etc.... And i had to remember my German learnt 28 years ago at school so as to navigate the sat-nav menus. :) Never had such a quiet holiday whilst in the car. :)

Anyway after re-installing the firmware and my changed boot screen all is back to normal again. My maps POIs and media are all still there too so was all done in around an hour.

I'm suspecting some file/files got corrupted on the HDD and the unit couldn't boot correctly. I've always kept my media on the HDD but think i might just buy a 32gb SD card and use that instead from now on so as to minimise the use of the HDD to try and prolong it's life after this possible warning shot across the bows etc.... 

Realised the kids were happy playing with their gran so made good use of the time and cracked open my cheapo random orbital polisher some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection...

post-93-0-32433200-1439671243_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-78838700-1439671257_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-17565500-1439671294_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got 2 450ish liter storage boxes full of broken up old fence panels into tge Octy to bring to tip. Had planned burning it all but its sparky auld crap so not worth it.

then gave the Octy and citigo a well over due vacuuming out

After polishing it yesterday I made it all dirty again by visiting the Castle Ward National Trust property which had a very dusty car park...

Gave the Fabia a wash, fitted Heko wind deflectors and a boot lip protector from SuperSkoda:

9719802bdb5070200c40fdbec1e8b294.jpg

Still need to clean the Spaceback, it's rotten at the moment.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Maybe I misheard but a little bit of reading later, it may not be the camshaft pulley the mechanic said. Still.. there's an issue with one of the pulleys and there's problems with the bolts that will need replacing. Repair costs currently up to about £200 so far. Will find out more tomorrow.

Called VASSTech up a couple of times today to ask how it is, they have the rad, but the brackets are broken. Well it was involved in an accident I wounder how that happened  :x  So now it has to stay there tomorrow to wait for brackets. Apparently it needs brackets and can't just do with cable ties for some reason. Don't know why. You'd think they'd look at it to see if it needed brackets wouldn't you? I told them it went in a hedge.

Or was it read ended by a hedge?