What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Drove it home. To be fair it needed more than I thought it would have but it's alright now. Just got cosmetics to sort out in my own time. The roads were just like they were on Friday and I was tired from 2 days of muck spreading so it came home slowly.

VASSTech are alrught, they just need a shove to get them going. At least when I send the car in there with something wrong it comes out fixed, not like some places. and they don't give you a list of jobs that don't want doing either.

Anyway, I'm tired so I'll get back to VASSTech tomorrow to collect the keys and update from there.

Glad you're sorted. What tyres are you running at the moment?

Thanks :) Just got a bit of cosmetic work to do now but that can wait mostly.

Tyres are Nexxen N6000s on the back, on the VRS alloys I bought from Stewpotz which still have a fair bit of tread left on and a brand new set of Goodyears on the front.

On topic: Went to pick up my keys and booked it in for its MOT on the 26th. Also bought it some rally style mud flaps for £13 Just those big red flaps of rubber but for £13 I'll cut them to some sort of size and see how they look, if I don't like them then I'll buy a new set of genuine ones some time but I'm not going with 1 and I don't fancy running with none.  :no: 

Took it for its MOT

With just shy of 189,000 miles on the clock and running 200bhp and 300lb.ft is passed with no issues at all.

In fact the tester asked me if I had run some fuel cleaner additive as the machine could barely pick anything up on the smoke test!

• Like 4

Took it for its MOT

With just shy of 189,000 miles on the clock and running 200bhp and 300lb.ft is passed with no issues at all.

In fact the tester asked me if I had run some fuel cleaner additive as the machine could barely pick anything up on the smoke test!

Cracking cars, love my skoda, just wish my wife did. She hates the VW suspension

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Booked it in for its MOT on Wednesday, tried to fit some rally style mud flaps but realized that wasn't going to work so it'll need proper ones. And cleaned it. Then I had a look underneath and found the bit of tin that the back bumper is mounted to on the right hand side was creased forwards quite badly so will want straightening up with a tapper at some point. It can't be seen unless you're under there so it will be alright as long as it's straight-ish and the bottom screw that the back right mud flap was fastened with has been ripped out along with the hole it goes in, the other two screws are fine. There was a bit of under tray tapping on the sump when driving so I cut that off and binned it. I also bashed the bumper back into alignment with the wing so that's sorted.

Then there was a bit of trim that I found at the crash site when I towed the car out, so I spent a good 15 minutes trying to find where it fit because it looked in good condition. I couldn't find out where it was from so I thought I'd look to see if there was a part number that I could Google. It said Renault on it so I binned that to.

WP_20150820_15_17_10_Pro_zpsebjk18dc.jpg

WP_20150820_15_17_19_Pro_zpswdvnqrp2.jpg

Things to do now:

MOT

New mud flaps

New bumper

New bumper trims

Possibly new under tray but not really essential

Bash rear bumper mount back into shape and fasten.

And there's a few scratches down the passenger side that I haven't checked the depth yet but hopefully when I take it to Chris they'll come out or at least look better.

And then if there's a new rear bumper out there going cheap I might consider buying that to.

Took a gouge out of the concrete driveway we are staying at in the lake district with the towbar whilst turning into and up it... Despite the greater clearance of my 4x4 and grayston spring assistors on the back. Will need to clean it up and give it a lick of black paint when I get home.

Mind you it is bloody steep if you come at it from the wrong direction. Second time around I drove past and then reversed back up it up the shallower side and it cleared fine.

Also found out the passenger headlight levelling motor has given up... Drivers side works fine so I'm guessing it's e motor anyway. Took the lighyt unit out and had a play with the connectors but no joy so I guess that's another thing to fix.

Took it along to ChrisRs's home for a detailing, in memory of Carl - and of my Dad.

An excellent day! I learned a heck of a lot from Chris. What a true gent.
My car's no garage queen - it's four years, 71K miles and two prangs old and is a hard-working driving-school car. It's come home looking better than it did when brand new. I'm a happy Koala.
I could not thank Chris enough. He wouldn't let me pay a penny - and even gave me pizza and beer for lunch. (Though I did make a donation through Chris's Just Giving page to Manorlands Hospice for Sue Ryder.)

• Like 4

Cracking cars, love my skoda, just wish my wife did. She hates the VW suspension

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

I have to admit my Fabia is a little bit "crashy"

Jonny5 the last owner had springs on, but I replaced with some low mileage suspension a few years ago but its still a bit too harsh.

That said my missus loves it harsh.. jk. Well...

Next to the VX220... she can't complain!

So far iv sliced the membrane and cut the top off tje deadlocked door mech. Then the wee man awoke before i could get any farther... swmbo was out. Video monitors are brilliant...

i have pics of progress will be photo bucketing them into the topic in mk1 octy section later on.

• Like 1

Nokian Weatherproof all season/weather tyres fitted all round. These are listed on Nokian's web site as available from this autumn, but appear to have hit online sellers earlier this month. As a result there are very few reviews on them - hopefully they will be as good as the WR A3s I've run for the last three winters.

Not so much today, but last night.

Fitted some new textile floor mats as the ones that came with the car were wearing thin on the drivers footwell.

Also managed to replace a missing rear parking sensor gasket, without having to drop the parking sensors and loom from the bumper or the bumper from the car. Relief!

Gave the Octavia brilliant shine detailer. A few months ago I gave it sonax PNS.a640f673b1c4372374c49b719f133cab.jpgcd280b2e14a2a40f0bb14cd46bea2618.jpge773aefbcf62bf42242d6a97246b8a86.jpg

This is the morning dew ;)266548fceeb98029e38ce9df8d1ee877.jpgbceb935861390c93c23585885dad38c8.jpg

cleanyourcar.co.uk had the BSD 5 litre on offer at £35 I think it was the other month. It works out at around £1 per application on my SuperB as I get around three or three and a half applications from a 500ml spray bottle that I decant it into.