Warning - DON'T lend out your Vrs

g00ner

Was put on the spot last week by a relative whose car was busted and asked if she could borrow the VRS last weekend, didn't really want to say yes but she knew I wasn't using it and sometimes you can't say no for various reasons :(

Anyway she arrived to pick it up with a friend the size and weight of Godzilla :eek:, call me stupid for lending it out in the first place but I knew something would be busted.

Now it's back I've given it the once over, fixed the fuel cap cover, refitted the rear centre console trim which had been kicked out (and was in the boot?) and washed the dried mud off, but can't see what's wrong with the passenger seat which is jammed in the rear position and won't adjust anymore

I know what's caused it, 'someone' of a 'large' build adjusting it back with the combined force off a hippo :mad:

Anyone know of a common fault and possible fix? I've searched the forum (probably not very well) but can't see a similar problem

Thanks in advance

Would recommend removing it, and inspecting the mechanism from underneath. There's 4 M10 spline bolts in each corner..... Although saying that.... You need to move the seat right forward to access the rear two bolts, so that's going to be fun..... :( Might need to use a spline socket fitting and a 10mm spanner from underneath.

Would recommend removing it, and inspecting the mechanism from underneath. There's 4 M10 spline bolts in each corner..... Although saying that.... You need to move the seat right forward to access the rear two bolts, so that's going to be fun..... :( Might need to use a spline socket fitting and a 10mm spanner from underneath.

your the expert on seats Jase, why don't you lend him a hand :P

I am a bit of a man mountain :rofl: and its coped with me for over 100k, but I guess you have to quantify "hippo" :D

I have had a seat stuck before because a biro dropped into the track though, worth checking they are clear :D

Take it into the garage and send the bill to the person who borrowed it. I'd go bloody mental myself, but then again I wouldn't have lent it out in the first place....

Steve

I always tell people who i dont want to borrow my car

They cant borrow it due to it being modified and they would need special insurance that covers trhem to drive a noddified car

Works a treat:thumbup:

Hippo - Meaning #1: massive thick-skinned herbivorous animal living in or around rivers of tropical Africa

also known to enjoy Big Macs and frequent where I live :(

I know lending it out was stupid but like I said, it's difficult sometimes (wife's family, help us out with baby sitting etc)

Lesson learnt but thanks for the tips (fingers crossed it's a biro)

ps. She wot borrowed it normally drives a Fiesta ST or her hubby's Alfa GT 2.0 JTS - came back saying she couldn't believe how much fun the Vrs was :D

Who would be daft enough to lend their vRS out to a so called mate, let him bash the crap out of it, then let him walk away without asking for a penny to repair it.........Oh hang on!!!!

Guest westallc
Who would be daft enough to lend their vRS out to a so called mate, let him bash the crap out of it, then let him walk away without asking for a penny to repair it.........Oh hang on!!!!

lmao :D detuner anywhere;):rolleyes:

I'm on the larger-side too and have never had any seat malfunctions. She much be MASSIVE!

I'm 15 stone, 5'10 and do a bit of 'self defence'-she'd have killed me in five seconds :chicken:

Having said that she's probably a lovely girl:1::1:

Your lucky it was only trim and seat damage, could have been much worse if they had some sort of collision as most policies only insure non named drivers as third party.

If this happened to my car the wife would be calling the "borrower" and reminding them that it took a day to sort out the damage.

Anyway gooner you'll soon have your VRS back to it's best with help from the forum.

Your lucky it was only trim and seat damage, could have been much worse if they had some sort of collision as most policies only insure non named drivers as third party.

If this happened to my car the wife would be calling the "borrower" and reminding them that it took a day to sort out the damage.

Anyway gooner you'll soon have your VRS back to it's best with help from the forum.

Took the precaution of putting her on my policy as a named driver for the weekend, £16 well spent for peace of mind

My wife's making the call a little later to mention the damage and the fact she hasn't coughed up for the insurance yet either :rotz:

Live and learn

No way!! Not ever will anybody be borrowing my VRS!!

I don't care if the woman who carried me for 9 months, suffered

damaged girl parts as a result of my birth, put up with teenage me,:eek:

scrimped and saved to provide for me and helped me with the rent later in life

when times were tough had to walk a hundred miles in the rain unless she borrowed

my car. Theres no way She's having my Furby!!!!

I'm not a total rotter though, she could borrow Mrs Grrs SDI if she wanted.:D

Even the other half isn't allowed to drive it unless I am on board as "moderator".

Mrs Grr has only had a full licence for a year and three quarters. To her its like a

Jet plane!!!

No way!! Not ever will anybody be borrowing my VRS!!

I don't care if the woman who carried me for 9 months, suffered

damaged girl parts as a result of my birth, put up with teenage me,:eek:

scrimped and saved to provide for me and helped me with the rent later in life

when times were tough had to walk a hundred miles in the rain unless she borrowed

my car. Theres no way She's having my Furby!!!!

I'm not a total rotter though, she could borrow Mrs Grrs SDI if she wanted.:D

Even the other half isn't allowed to drive it unless I am on board as "moderator".

Mrs Grr has only had a full licence for a year and three quarters. To her its like a

Jet plane!!!

Now I know why your forum name is GRR!

Took the precaution of putting her on my policy as a named driver for the weekend, £16 well spent for peace of mind

My wife's making the call a little later to mention the damage and the fact she hasn't coughed up for the insurance yet either :rotz:

Live and learn

Yes, I wouldn't remind the "borrower" myself either, don't want to be called a winger. Best to leave it to the ladies!

Nothing that sinister I'm afraid..... It's a nickname an old pal gave me years ago.

Its because my name is Garry. With two "r's ". And I get snotty if people spell it

wrong.... So I'm always saying " Garry wiith two R's " to people. My mate started

taking the chronic p*ss when he heard me saying it to somebody one day..

Grr was born..... I'm actually a lovely bloke....

But not lovely enough to hand over the keys to my Furby.:D

Why lend it in the first place??

No one respects your own motor as much as you.

I nearly gave the wife a swift elbow this evening when she got into the car and I could have sworn I heard her zip rake along the bolster :( Took a lot of silent "woooooosah"-ing

I always tell people who i dont want to borrow my car

They cant borrow it due to it being modified and they would need special insurance that covers trhem to drive a noddified car

Works a treat:thumbup:

noddy_car.jpg

I am a bit of a man mountain :rofl: and its coped with me for over 100k, but I guess you have to quantify "hippo" :D

I have had a seat stuck before because a biro dropped into the track though, worth checking they are clear :D

Just spotted your comment on the biro !! Thouht I was the only person embarrased by this issue. I had a seat jammed totally, no obvious cause and couldnt see an obvious fault. Dealer had very large smile on his face as he returned to me a mashed up BIC biro in a plastic bag !!! He found it so amusing he didnt charge, Turners of Erlestoke are fantastic.:thumbup: