Park Assist - Retro-fittable on an Octavia?

You can retrofit it, but it not as integrated as it is when fitted at the factory. When factory fitted it uses the car's audio system and I also believe that you see something on the display. Perhaps someone who has got it can expand on this.

If retrofitted you end up with a separate speaker (at least this is what the dealer said).

:eek:

:doh:

I'll go sit in the naughty corner! :o

...hey at least it's bumped back to the top - you were on page 3 when I replied! :D

No Worries Simbo, but guess what ?

..........................................................................Its back on page 1 :rolleyes:

Anyone any ideas ?

:eek:

No Worries Simbo, but guess what ?

..........................................................................Its back on page 1 :rolleyes:

Anyone any ideas ?

Got it wrong as well, but I learnt something about the parking sensors!

... Back to the top :)

• 5 months later...

I would have thought this one would be a big retro-fit! Its not just the sensor but the whole software that runs the park-assist programme. Steering etc all has to be taken over by the system.

I dont think its something that could be done or be worth while doing (cost etc).

It's available on foreign Octy's. Plus the VAG stuff's more or less like (complex!) lego blocks and it can generally be made to work if retro fitted for those who know how, the masters of reprogramming and generally figuring out how to make different controllers talk to each other.

BMW get this bit right, pretty much anything can be retrofitted by your dealer. Plus they've got a whole stack of things they don't advertise but people sometimes ask for, YES! is their reply...

Kauftec, the guys behind the popular fiscon bluetooth handsfree, have a full retrofit kit on their site for $999 USD.

Including display on radio.

Hmm, Can you send the link ?

Cannot seem to find it on their site.

Thanks

Kauftec, the guys behind the popular fiscon bluetooth handsfree, have a full retrofit kit on their site for $999 USD.

Including display on radio.

Can't find it either would be interested in this.

• 3 months later...

As i've taken half the car apart to install OPS front and rear. I think i'm going to retrofit the park assist by my understanding of how it works i dont think it will be too hard and as i have to have the front bumper off to fit the ops i might as well do it at the same time.

looked into this again tonight and it does not look hard at all two front sensors wiring in the button to enable park assist and some coding.

looks like you have to have esp though as it wont work without it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

It shows a fancy graphic on the screen:

n_IMG_2367.JPG

...but (IMO) it's not necessary as you're looking over your shoulder & in the mirrors. I had the graphic on my Stream HU... once I put the Columbus, the parking graphic was gone - it was missed for the whole of umm 2 seconds! :)

I'm just about to get a new facelift Octy VRS with Bolero and factory rear sensors. I 'm replacing the Bolero with my old Columbus and I really hope the display still works!

• 3 weeks later...