Any interest in a festive meet?

VRSPhil

Could meet up in Redcar then upto Guisborough stop off at the top of Birk Brow in the car park there

Im coming from south of Whitby so I'll meet you all in the abbey car park. No point me heading to guisborough to come back on myself again.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about people putting their names down where they will be meeting and then driving over all together

STOCKTON ON TEES (Tees Barrage)

Smog Monster

Thurlby12

REDCAR (Majuba Road / Stray Cafe)

A_Duncan

GUISBOROUGH (Birk Brow)

VRSphil

Jim H

WHITBY (Abbey car park)

blackmagic

Furn

MartinHillam

Edited by smog monster

Prob be easier for around 12ish at Whitby , give us lot from this end a bit time to get over there , leave Redcar for about 10.30 to go upto Guisborough & leave Birk Brow for around 11.15 nice steady drive B)

Just a thought , will there be a chippy open on the 27th ;) Hope this snow stops :o

Edited by smog monster

I may be a little late (as explained yesterday) but will try to get there before you all leave for Whitby. :giggle:

Mr Chips should be open... :p

Prob be easier for around 12ish at Whitby , give us lot from this end a bit time to get over there , leave Redcar for about 10.30 to go upto Guisborough & leave Birk Brow for around 11.15 nice steady drive B)

Just a thought , will there be a chippy open on the 27th ;) Hope this snow stops :o

I'm happy with meeting you at Birkbrow. Is 12 in Whitby a bit early, if we are meeting Furn at half two?

It'll be nice to meet on that Sunday as it's something to look forward to after christmas, also Fish and chips will be a nice change from yet another turkey sandwich for lunch, lol. :giggle:

I have found a site that gives the weather forecast for that weekend and it doesn't look too bad. Metcheck 14 day forcast for TS14

I dont know, late for your own meet, thats just not on emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Come on guys, make a decision and stick by it, we're all off work, so let's the effort it make it worth while.

It'll take me 1.30 to 2 hours to drive there from Huddersfield so I'll be in Whitby at the Abbey Car Park at 12.00 proud to show off my new VRS, ready and hungry for F+C.

thanks for the offer in helping to fit my new mud guards, appreciated !

See you there ! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

i may have a ride up lads if you can put up with a fe 18 year old lads doing your head in. If the cars fixed though. JUst crashed it and broke two alloy wheels. front arm. Booked in at the garage on monday so hopefully fixed asap. im from leeds. so it's a steady drive.

Sounds like theres going to be quite a turnout for this one. Maybe we should alert the chippy that they are going to be invaded.

A few chippy's incase we get really hungry

red_icons_A_G.png

Royal Fisheries

www.fuscowhitby.com - 01947 604 738 - 3 reviews

red_icons_A_G.png

Mister Chips

www.misterchipswhitby.co.uk - 01947 604 683 - 15 reviews

red_icons_A_G.png

Hadleys Fish Restaurant

maps.google.co.uk - 01947 604 153 - More

red_icons_A_G.png

Eskdale Fisheries

maps.google.co.uk - 01947 810 263 - 1 review

red_icons_A_G.png

Mariondale Fisheries

maps.google.co.uk - 01947 880 426 - 2 reviews

red_icons_A_G.png

Silver Street Fisheries

maps.google.co.uk - 01947 603 087 - More

red_icons_A_G.png

Sacky's Chippy

maps.google.co.uk - 01947 603 484 - More

At least one should be open on sunday emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Mister Chips is very nice although I've never been to the restaurant (only had a take-away from them twice), I think it was voted the best in Whitby by locals for a few years. It's at the bottom of the steps of the abbey car park (not the 199 ones).

I think the last Xmas meet I think we went to Hadleys, which was very nice.

I'm surprised Martin, you did not mention the most famous one in Whitby, 'The Magpie Cafe' I think that Egon feller reconmended it and Rick Stein says it's the best F&C in the country. However it is very expensive and there is always a long queue outside (even longer if we are a big group)

The one we always go to is the Quarter Deck which is the other side of the bridge near the pier and the bandstand. Both the Take-away and restaurant are very nice. We have even eaten from there under the bandstand in the poring rain!

Other than Fish and chips, buying fudge is a must as well as depending on the weather/wind a walk along the pier and of course climbing the 199 steps. I think I will give an Ice cream a miss. :giggle:

Edited by Jim H

Mister Chips is very nice although I've never been to the restaurant (only had a take-away from them twice), I think it was voted the best in Whitby by locals for a few years. It's at the bottom of the steps of the abbey car park (not the 199 ones).

I think the last Xmas meet I think we went to Hadleys, which was very nice.

I'm surprised Martin, you did not mention the most famous one in Whitby, 'The Magpie Cafe' I think that Egon feller reconmended it and Rick Stein says it's the best F&C in the country. However it is very expensive and there is always a long queue outside (even longer if we are a big group)

The one we always go to is the Quarter Deck which is the other side of the bridge near the pier and the bandstand. Both the Take-away and restaurant are very nice. We have even eaten from there under the bandstand in the poring rain!

Other than Fish and chips, buying fudge is a must as well as depending on the weather/wind a walk along the pier and of course climbing the 199 steps. I think I will give an Ice cream a miss. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I bow down to the Master of Whitby Fish & Chips - surely we can have the best F+C ever now, tummy rumbling already emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

the magpie cafe now has a takeaway section next door, although the locals say that the takeaway isnt as good as inside , mister chips and haddleys rated pretty well , i normally go to fuscos (royal fisheries) on baxtergate. i work with lads from whitby so can get inside info for you, The chippy all the locals use is on the road that goes up the hill near the train and bus station , then its on a side street, but thats a bit of a walk.

i wont be there in time to get chips and fish , but hope you all enjoy them .