Any interest in a festive meet?

VRSPhil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any post code for car park???

I can't find the post code for the car park, but Whitby Abbey is YO22 4JT. Someone may correct it if they find the exact one.

The main car Park (where we are meeting) is on the left, a little bit before you get to the the Abbey. I think it is sign posted. I hope in winter the Pay & Display machines are free (I think they are). If you get to the end of the road, you have gone too far and are in the church car park.

Edited by Jim H

Is everybody else meeting us in Whitby for 12 ish?

Some of us are meeting up and having a drive over. As mentioned on page 2, we are meeting at Teesside Park, (just off the A66/A19 in Stockton/Middlesbrough), Redcar and Birk Brow (near Guisborough).

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad for tomorrow, I can't wait. :)

Is everybody else meeting us in Whitby for 12 ish?

Some of us are meeting up and having a drive over. As mentioned on page 2, we are meeting at Teesside Park, (just off the A66/A19 in Stockton/Middlesbrough), Redcar and Birk Brow (near Guisborough).

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad for tomorrow, I can't wait. :)

Anyone else for REDCAR (Majuba Road / Stray Cafe) ??? I could meet up with you all at GUISBOROUGH (Birk Brow) Cant see the point of coming from Stockton to here (Unless Smogmonster in visiting)

PS who`s got the bottle of ketchup for Christmas to go with the F+C

Anyone else for REDCAR (Majuba Road / Stray Cafe) ??? I could meet up with you all at GUISBOROUGH (Birk Brow) Cant see the point of coming from Stockton to here (Unless Smogmonster in visiting)

PS who`s got the bottle of ketchup for Christmas to go with the F+C

I think the Idea was that Martin and Scott (Smog Monster & Thurlby) + any others were meeting at Teesside Park, (not sure what time) then picking you up in Redcar, then driving to Birk brow, to meet me and possibly Phil.

However if it is only you at Redcar then you could if you wanted meet me at Birkbrow car park at 11:15. It's up to them. We are the guys you met for coffee at the Stray in November. I'm in a black (probably mucky) Furby vRS

Don't bother with kechup, it'll be too cold for a take-away.

I think the Idea was that Martin and Scott (Smog Monster & Thurlby) + any others were meeting at Teesside Park, (not sure what time) then picking you up in Redcar, then driving to Birk brow, to meet me and possibly Phil.

However if it is only you at Redcar then you could if you wanted meet me at Birkbrow car park at 11:15. It's up to them. We are the guys you met for coffee at the Stray in November. I'm in a black (probably mucky) Furby vRS

Don't bother with kechup, it'll be too cold for a take-away.

I will be at Birkbrow 11.15 no need to come through to REDCAR for 1 (Unless others are out there - speak up if so) This Anthrocite Grey is great it doesnt show the muck as much.......ha

We'll meet you all at Whitby... See you at 12 :p

Just a side note... In the unlikely event that the hill up to the abbey is blocked by snow/ice, I suggest we meet at the bottom and find somewhere else to park... I can't see it being an issue but you never know.

In the event of me being absent its due to me being out of fettle at the minute , been bad with bronchitis and its knocked the **** out of me :punch:

I will see how i feel on sunday morning and text vRSPhil to see where abouts you all are , might pop over if i feel upto it

In the event of me being absent its due to me being out of fettle at the minute , been bad with bronchitis and its knocked the **** out of me :punch:

Ouch bronchitis, get well soon.

I would suggest getting in touch with Thurlby (if he is still coming) as you were meeting him at Teesside Park.

I'll meet him and Mr Duncan at birk brow at 11:15, probably wait until twenty past ish, (I think it takes 30 mins to Whitby from there)

Phil, what are you driving, these days?

Edited by Jim H

That was an enjoyable day. I hope everybody got home safely.

A big thank you to Phil for organising it, :thumbup: although if we do it again make sure it's a bit warmer, :giggle:

Yep good meet , but bloody cold

Glad i managed to get along to this in the end , even tho it was short & sweet

Nice to see a face lift octy up close , really like the white now :p

For thoses who used the A171 after the meet , did u see the cars at the side of the road on the way home , i passed about 3 ... oh dear

Edited by smog monster

yeah i enjoyed it too, its a bit strange going too meet people you have only communicated with online , but everyone was ok .

the white face lift vrs stole the show, i really liked it.

we will have to do it again definitely when its warmer and all our cars are clean and shiny , mine was a disgrace.

nice to meet everyone!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...