how to stop people parkin infront of my gates!

mikejay

live on a culdersack and have gates on the front of my house to my drive way. because its a culdersack people park nose on to the curb instead of wheels to curb if you know what i mean. the majority of people dont block my gates but i do get times like when i got in this afternoon when someone has just parked smack bang infront of um!?! cant they see its a drive way? sometimes i can get round them but its a bit of a struggle. resorted to parkin door to door with them today so they cant get in which will hopefully make them realise, my only concern is though even though there is a 1 cm gap you might still get some thick git tryin to squeeze in and might damage my car. its not the same regular car and its not a resedents of the street its visitors. dont even know which house they go to? any other ideas to stop this? sometimes i wish i drove a 50 quid shed then id just accidently run in the side of them when tryin to get past! BA****DS!!

I'm sure it's a specific offense along the lines of preventing access to/from the public highway.

Again, this is one of those things that megaphone's help with.

As said above it is an offense to park obscuring dropped curbs. I presume that your drive way has dropped curbs or ramp. You could call the police and or take an image showing number-plate and how it is clearly obstructing your legal way, that sort of thing. You could also as suggested place a printed official looking sign pointing out it is an exit and that it is an offense ect.

this sort of thing is happening more and more frequently. I see it all the time outside of my daughters school, people just block entrances because they are too lazy to walk just a few extra meters.

Had the same prob last week.....so got my neighbour to park right up his jacksy and my bro parked in front so blocked him in!!!.....Off we went to work...came home and there he was with his mate giving all mouth!!...This wasnt the first time he had been spoken to as he drops his kids off at nursery in the morns a few doors up!! He tried to get a bit lippy but after he spotted my 1000 yard stare he backed down and sodded off!!...So far no more driveway blocking :) But it wont be the last!! Someone else dropping their sprogg off blocked my bro and he missed his flight as couldnt get the car out!!

K:)

I'm sure it's a specific offense along the lines of preventing access to/from the public highway.

Again, this is one of those things that megaphone's help with.

It's an offense to stop you getting off your property, but not one to stop you getting onto it IIRC.

Certainly seen cars towed for blocking a driveway with a car on it.

do they park within the cul-de-sac? If so is that that portion of "road" privately owned by the residents? You could always contact a wheel clamping company?

A mate did this when he had trouble outside his business, only problem is now, they clamp everyone and anyone outside the business regardless of who they are.

Wishes he hadn't bothered now as they seem incapable of being told not too do it anymore.

^^ Issuing a letter from the land owner stating specifically that they do not have permission to clamp on his land should be enough. If they still ignore the letter then first get proof they have received the letter, then take them to a civil court for loss of earnings, arguing that people are no longer willing to visit the business.

Get the council to either double-yellow and terminate the lines across each property access, or get them to paint dashes parking boxes where people are allowed to park, which would obviously not be across driveways. Depends on the type and width of cul-de-sac we're talking about though.

Steve

Or get one of these:

350bk_display.jpg

We get a it a bit on our street... last night I used the phrase "look at this berk with the Land Rover... that's not parked, that's abandoned!" very loudly.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend use of a clue stick. Of course it just goes to show the frustrations we all feel towards people who can be that inconsiderate.