Dont You Just Love It When Your Tool Slips Off Of The Bolt!

Browny_37

I've recently had a mistery clonk on my car, i've replaced the ARB bushes along with the bump stops which had seen better days.

Anyway the drop links looked fine, and i decided it was the offside shock absorber that was worn out at 139k.

So a set of Bilstein B4's were purchased, i managed to get one of them changed saturday before it rained heavily.

Which erradicated the annoying knocking i've had for months! All i need to do now is sort the dash creaking and it should be like a limousine hahaha!

I finally got around to changing the nearside shock absorber on sunday, anyway my mate zipped the top bolts up with a air impact wrench last week after changing the bump stops.

I managed to get one of them undone, I came to the second one and with the arch getting in the way i had to put a long extension on the breaker bar.

Needless to say i slipped and took the majority of the skin off past the finger nail, exposing the base of the nail.

Now the part im more interested in, how does everyone else usually react to a situation like this?

I'd probably swear the majority of the time, but this hurt that much that i was bouncing up and down like john cleese making mumbling noises whilst clutching my hand!

I've found that the feeling in all of my fingers are somewhat on edge. Mainly aching in the joints and tightness of the muscles.

Does anyone think that i could have the uncomfortableness in my other fingers for a few days?

i do it at least once a week at work and just usually carry on without the drama,

the only time i jump up and down is when i catch the middle finger on my left hand, it already has the tip missing below the nail, and is really painful for a good 5 minutes after being knocked, more so when cold

Well after almost removing the tip of my left index finger back in July, I find it really aches in the cold weather, and is ultra sensitive to pain now; but maybe that's just me being a baby....

I stabbed myself at the base of the same finger this morning with an electrical screwdriver whilst trying to carpet the back of my van:(

I have a habit of damaging the vehicle I'm working on when stuff like that happens. On my old Rover, I once had issues getting the gearbox back on and squashed my hand when it all fell off the jack.

Lots of bad language and I put the ratchet handle through the headlight :wall:

I cut my finger a bad one once and wrapped it up in a bandage before going to A&E.

Got in and the doc seen the huge bandage and asked "Is it your whole finger?", I said no, its the one next to that :dull:

On a serious note I did something very similar to the above and skinned 3 knuckles and kicked in the rear panel and tail light of a rover 216, only then realising I had to buy a new rear cluster and fix the dents in the rear panel :no:

I have a habit of damaging the vehicle I'm working on when stuff like that happens. On my old Rover, I once had issues getting the gearbox back on and squashed my hand when it all fell off the jack.

Lots of bad language and I put the ratchet handle through the headlight :wall:

I've never done anything like that :notme: it's normally a :swear: first and then if it really ain't going well a :punch: to the wheel if I'm still semi sane, or a multi :punch: :punch: to the body if it's a car I don't care about.

I dont usually take it out on the car when i do so lol. I usually dance about a bit as mentioned, then go patch myself up.

I have got annoyed and gone to kick a large bag out of the way and ended up nearly breaking my foot/toes as it was full of solid material :doh:

A friend use to have a Rennie 5, which was notorious for snapping throttle cables. It snapped again one night and he spontaniously took his foot to the drivers side wing :rofl:

Might I suggest a cure ( or rather preventative measures -nice dose of HSE risk assessment) - IF YOU KNOW THAT YOUR TOOL MIGHT SLIP -THEN WHY NOT WEAR HEAVY GLOVES .End of RANT .Bit like what married couples do when they don't want kids -TAKE PROTECTIVE MEASURES ( AND NO those of you's on council estates - that don't mean doing it in a busshelter) :giggle::giggle: :'( :rofl:

ohhh its so much fun isn't it!

was replacing a dev unit in a copier at work, and i was trying to release it, but it had stuck on the transfer belt unit...

after some technical 'persuading' it came free, which then proceeded to shove my screwdriver into my hand! Oh the joys of 'Snap On Meets Palm of Techie in a School So You Can't Swear' environment!!!

I stepped out into the Berlingo and effed and blinded for a coupla minutes, did the trick! :)

rule is the quieter I go, the more SWMBO should be worried!

nevertheless, I usually try to get a photo beforre dealing with the blood....the after photos are never dramatic enough without the p***ing blood effect! :giggle:

PL

Good man! I didn't quite think of that at the time lol!

I've got a pretty grusome picture of a mans hand after finding a oil leak in a small diameter pipe. He put his finger over the pipe so he knew where the leak was whilst wearing heavy duty gloves.

As the machine was turned off the pressure in the pipes rose and the oil pierced through the glove and injected into his skin :doh:

Surgeons had to open his hand up and stop and remove the oil that was travelling up through his veins.....yuk!

Lol no but luckily the radio still works so I turned it up louder than I could swear!!!

Vive le France! :)

Another good use for the company car Radio :giggle: :'(

And I always thought it was there to mask strange engine noise :giggle:

Edited by VWD

Browny_37 said "Dont You Just Love It When Your Tool Slips Off Of The Bolt!"

Never mind son, after a bit of practice and doing it a few times you will be able to stay on the job all night without falling off! :giggle::rofl:

Careful - IF you have four kids - and they decide to emulate their parents -it's nice -till they want to go out ,and Gran & Grandad are ther baby sitters . And once the kids are older -there's a fight over the spare room at Grans ( unless there all of the same sex) ,and then they fight over the computer wireless network . :giggle::giggle:

Four!?! Hell No! LOL!

Don't forget , if only one decides to learn to drive - then at least you've got one feeling guilty about the times Dad took them here /there etc . And the other thought is that ,there's a decent number looking out for a retirement home for dad :giggle::giggle:

Now the part im more interested in, how does everyone else usually react to a situation like this?

I normally throw said tool as hard as possible in which ever direction it looks like it will do the least harm.

This has in the past caused the ricocheting tool to come back and cause a second injury :doh: