Spot lights, yay or nay?

I've had spot lights on all my cars previous to the octavia but always been dubious as to whether I should put them on that aswel. Wasn't sure they'd look quite right, but today I decided I'd go for it and I reckon they suit the look of the car quite nicely :thumbup:

spots1.jpg

spots3.jpg

spots2.jpg

What you all think?

In my book, it is not what they look like but what they do. Are you just using the generic term spot light to represent all manner of auxiliary lights or do you specifically use spot light! Auxiliary lights come in various beam patterns Fog, Wide Angle, Drive and Spot/Pencil. the spot / pencil beam is the most useless as it only lights up a very small part of the road in the strait ahead position so is only of use on the most strait of roads. Driving lights are probably the most useful and have a far broader spread similar to normal car lights on main beam yet still project a fair distance down the road. Wide Angle are very useful on very tight twisty lanes. Very few manufacturers have all beam types mostly they just offer driving lights or spots. The better manufacturers such as Cibie, Hella will have all of those beam patterns in a number of different ranges. Something like the Cibie Apollo range or Cibie Super Oscar or Hella 4000, 3000 give phenomenal light that is very well controlled and very hard to beat used by manny rally teams.

I had some cibies on my frontera (dont laugh it was a wicked car, even if a little thirsty) anyway, they were extremely useful especially living in the sticks and if i could have them on any car and make them look good, then i would. the difference in what you can see ahead is well worth any slight blight on the look of your car.

As for these, i dont think they look too bad at all, bit of a rally look about it now, if you could make some sort of bracket that was easy to attach for the winter months, i'd do it myself.

Beats all the chavs that but some crappy ring blue fog light and drive round with them on because they think it looks cool. and answer me this, when did you actually use your fog lights in fog and think to yourself, wow that makes such a difference!!! And ths there is your answer, use them because it better illuminates the road, and the only way to do that is whack some great big cibbies on the front........sorry go tinto a bit of a rant there!

• 4 weeks later...

Naa sorry, I think it looks silly.

But if you enjoy them, that's all that matters.

Do they not wobble about over rough roads? I can image it's hard to make a bracket stiff enough to stop the wobbles.