-8.0°C

The Plumber

Well not sure whether to believe the car or not but having left town with a reading of -2.5°C the outside temp gauge plummeted at one point to -9.0°C before settling at around -8.0°C on the drive to the village and was still reading that when I parked up.

Not got the Corsa at the moment to compare either but it appears to be one heck of a drop if the sensors not gone lar-lar.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Riding of Yorkshire on the eastern edge of the Wolds. :)

I can, was stationed at Leconfield mid 80's, the Temp went down to -13C. We started supplying farmers with the snow cats. Happy (Army) days. but maybe not for the farmers. :S Good place to have a Snow Monster!

I can, was stationed at Leconfield mid 80's, the Temp went down to -13C. We started supplying farmers with the snow cats. Happy (Army) days. but maybe not for the farmers. :S Good place to have a Snow Monster!

Past Leconfield earlier dropping the Corsa off in Beverley for a service, roads are a mess until you get down there. Don't think the council venture much to the northern end of the county with the road clearing teams. :(

Anyway just spoke to my neighbour and he's had -10.0°C on the run home; quickest drop I have seen in a while then. :o

Edit

still got a lot of snow on the ground, last lot fell yesterday only the odd flurry though, forecast who knows depends which weather report you choose to believe.

Edited by The Plumber

Past Leconfield earlier dropping the Corsa off in Beverley for a service, roads are a mess until you get down there. Don't think the council venture much to the northern end of the county with the road clearing teams. :(

Anyway just spoke to my neighbour and he's had -10.0°C on the run home; quickest drop I have seen in a while then. :o

Edit

still got a lot of snow on the ground, last lot fell yesterday only the odd flurry though, forecast who knows depends which weather report you choose to believe.

So, are you happy with your new motor then? Given the weather.

To my friends south of the border, these outside temperatures are tropical compared to my house in the Cairngorms on 9th February this year which reached -20C!

Hi Yonderend,

hope you and your Monster are keeping well rapped up then, that is a tad bit cold.

So, are you happy with your new motor then? Given the weather.

Hi Ray,

yes my Monster is going well thanks, as long as there are no hills to toboggan down :rofl:

Traction much better than the Corsa which I managed to damage a wheel on this morning aquaplaning in the slush :S Have some wheels and winter tyres on order but by the time they get here will be clear again I should imagine. The off-road function appears to help a lot in the worst of it, so recommended for those who need to spec as an option.

If I have a negative it's the old friend rattles the cold weather has brought out a few more to add to the list.

I dont know how cold it got here the other night, but the water leaving my bath froze as it hit the outside air!!

I spent hours heating the lead pipe inside the bathroom, trying to unfreeze it; in the end I gave up, waited till morning and went up a ladder and did it from the outside; there was a little ice mountain from the drain basin up to the end of the pipe!!!

The coldest I have known here was -17C a few years ago; still, mustn't complain, I was due to go to Bishkek a few Christmas's ago, it was -45C there!!! (I ended up getting sun-burnt in Dubai instead:rofl:)

I dont know how cold it got here the other night, but the water leaving my bath froze as it hit the outside air!!

I spent hours heating the lead pipe inside the bathroom, trying to unfreeze it; in the end I gave up, waited till morning and went up a ladder and did it from the outside; there was a little ice mountain from the drain basin up to the end of the pipe!!!

The coldest I have known here was -17C a few years ago; still, mustn't complain, I was due to go to Bishkek a few Christmas's ago, it was -45C there!!! (I ended up getting sun-burnt in Dubai instead:rofl:)

But did the car start?

• 2 weeks later...

Another low reading this morning -12.0°C on the A166 between Full Sutton and Stamford Bridge, even effected the engine cooling system dropping it from the normal 90 to 75°C.

Not been this cold round here for a while but I would think this is on the mild side for our friends north of the 'boarder' or across the North Sea. :)

TP

Another low reading this morning -12.0°C on the A166 between Full Sutton and Stamford Bridge, even effected the engine cooling system dropping it from the normal 90 to 75°C.

Not been this cold round here for a while but I would think this is on the mild side for our friends north of the 'boarder' or across the North Sea. :)

TP

Hi Plumber,

-15C last week for me, but car started first time with no issues.

Hi Plumber,

-15C last week for me, but car started first time with no issues.

Hi Yonderend,

hope you had a good new year.

Thought it would be a bit chiller where you are, glad to hear all is well with your Monster.

Regards,

TP

<br />But did the car start?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Of course!! But then, I am still driving a Toyota!!!

The boss is still giving me the run-a-round on the new car front; i suspect I will have to wait until this one dies; and Toyotas go on forever ( or until they rust).

-18 this morning was coldest displayed temperature on the way to work. Was -15 when I got in the car at home.

Expecting colder tomorrow. Unsurprisingly the glow plug light took a little longer to go out than normal but car started without a moments hesitation.

Brrrrr.

Niall