Nurburgring 2010

kotlewski69

ahhh sweet.............. if you see me come say hi im sure you will spot me a mile off :)

Where abouts you staying?

Staying at the Hotel An Der Nordschleife. Mate in his TT and I are arriving on Wednesday the 31st, leaving on Saturday 3rd.

I bloody hope this weather sorts itself out!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying at the Hotel An Der Nordschleife. Mate in his TT and I are arriving on Wednesday the 31st, leaving on Saturday 3rd.

I bloody hope this weather sorts itself out!!

ok cool i will defo look out for you, im not too sure eactly what days we will be at the track as were planning on doing some other bits and peices as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had a great few days (apart from the 4 hour delay to the ferry crossing thanks to the choppy seas)! Karfreitag (car friday) was stupidly busy, so glad we had an empty track on the thursday. Mate and I also had the F1 track to ourselves too which was great - harsh on the car though!

Good to see you ChrisW, saw you out on track once, the back of your car was veryyyyy sooty when I saw you go past!

Bring on the next trip!

Well I had a great few days (apart from the 4 hour delay to the ferry crossing thanks to the choppy seas)! Karfreitag (car friday) was stupidly busy, so glad we had an empty track on the thursday. Mate and I also had the F1 track to ourselves too which was great - harsh on the car though!

Good to see you ChrisW, saw you out on track once, the back of your car was veryyyyy sooty when I saw you go past!

Bring on the next trip!

yai glad someone saw me lol did you get any pics?

Yer she is quite sooty lol

I went out to the ring last year, fantastic long weekend, though one of the guys with us did have a glancing blow with the Armco barrier in an old E30 325 beemer...

The car was a right off having spun out coming out of a corner and hit the armco head on at about 90mph.

The track was shut for the clear up, he was billed for 9 armco posts plus a few lengths of armco barrier, the track clean up, track shut time etc etc...

Any way, he was driven to the ring office, and had to pay there & then his 3000 Euro bill before they would let him leave the office.

On top of the 3k ring bill, he had to pay 200 euros for the car recovery truck to get the car off of the ring, and a further 200 euros to scrap the car, as he had no trailer to take the car away on.

This guy did not know the track well enough to be taking it that fast, silly sod... any ways...

Its a great trip, well worth while going. If any one planning on going has the Nurburgring on a car game, xbox etc, its well worth spending some time on there before you go.

The track layouts are quite good with the actual track, except they don't show some of the hills in the track so well, quite steep in places. Just gives you some back ground on the track.

There are a lot of turns to remember, but even if you remember some of it, it will help! :-).

If you want to get a real scare on the ring to see how it can be driven, they have "Ring Taxi's" BMW M5's who will take you round with a racing driver behind the wheel, drifting round corners etc, last year this was 160 euros per car per lap, but get 4 in the car and split it between you, well worth it.

Only down side we had on our trip, there were so many crashes over the weekend, and every time the track was shut, on average for an hour! so much waiting around.

Don't let that put you off going though, go for it, a fantastic experiance!

Edited by Matt C

I'm there may 21/22/23/24

i always stay 300 yards from the entrance to the track at the "ringhaus" great hotel and frank who owns the place is a real nice guy.

B)

• 5 weeks later...

Just for anyones info. BaT are doing a ring day on the 19th July 2010 @ £495. Limited to 50 spaces and there is no need to use the ticket barriers (open pass?)

I'm currently arranging a trip for october, from the 1st - 3rd of october. Just waiting to get some prices back on accommodation from Frank at the ringhaus and then of course eddy! When I do have prices I will let you all know as I shall be going with a few mates and if anyone else would like to join us you'd be more than welcome :thumbup:

Just for anyones info. BaT are doing a ring day on the 19th July 2010 @ £495. Limited to 50 spaces and there is no need to use the ticket barriers (open pass?)

Booked this the other day.

We're going to take the Leon Supercopa over. Non-road legal and slicks means cant take it out on a public day...

Kev

I thought it would be up over the 300 mark! Certainly went well at castle combe!

Luke and I were talking about this earlier.. Everyone always says "oh, i thought it'd be more than that" after seeing it hooning around a track :)

Proves it's not just HP ;) Mainly the slicks, chassis and trick suspension which means you can enter and exit corners much quicker!

Kev

i am most definatly up for a trip to the ring as long as its after august the 9th (girlfriend goes to Falklands emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif ) and hopefully it wont clash with the dates of the rover coupe owners club as i plan to go with them again this year emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Small world! Do you know Vard66 Mark?

Just booked the ferry, I'll be going out on the 4th Aug and returning on the 9th. Staying in Adenau. If anyone's out there then give me a wave RED OCTY VRS 57 plate.

• 2 months later...

Anyone been there this weekend? Kept an eye out for any UK Skodas but didn't see a single one, bar the safety car and an Octavia taxi (as in standard taxi for the town which was out on the track complete with taxi sign!) I only saw one Octavia on the track which was a German blue VRS hatch I think. I did feel a little bad overtaking him but had to be done, I ended up leaving my Octavia at home though and getting a Clio from RSR instead as I felt better pushing someone else's car to the limit rather than mine this time!

John