How much MPG do you get in your 1.8 T

MC29MC

I get between 29-33 on motorway driving. I rarely drive around town but see about 26 ish I think.

It is running cold so that could explain it. It was running at 70, I changed the temp sensor and now it runs at 80. I think thermostat is to blame so hopefully when that is changed it will run correct temp and mpg will improve slightly. Wonder how difficult it is to replace thermo.

Peter

I moaned about mine when i jumped back from the Fabia to the Octavia.

But now i'm used to it, it's actually quite good.

Over a 600 mile trip in mine, i averaged 39mpg, varying speeds, non motorway.

Around town it sat anywhere between 21-28mpg (traffic dependant)

My daily commute seen 36mpg

Not as bad as they seem.

:)

These figures are with mods to the car too.

Edited by LittleJohnny

I get between 29-33 on motorway driving. I rarely drive around town but see about 26 ish I think.

It is running cold so that could explain it. It was running at 70, I changed the temp sensor and now it runs at 80. I think thermostat is to blame so hopefully when that is changed it will run correct temp and mpg will improve slightly. Wonder how difficult it is to replace thermo.

Peter

depends what tools you have. You need long extensions for socket set to get to the top bolt but for the bottom one it is easier if you have a TINY ratchet with an Allen key socket. That way you dont need to loosen off the altenator. Some people claim 30 mins start to end but I doubt you could do this first attempt. I flushed the cooling system and changed my G12 while I was at it as well so ended up using SWMBO's car to go the garage :D and it was bloody freezing

at present the car needs service so its gone down a tad,

28-38 in town depending on how much I do, more miles the better I can get. and Motorway I get 37-39 on cruise set to 70 (lol) but If i drive it I can get 41-43 keeping speeds between 55 and 85 on the downhills just to get a nice smooth run up.

when the car was totally std (back in the day) I did a 200 mile run from Brighouse to Bristol, Fishponds and managed to get 48mpg on the clock and worked it out to 9.3 mpl when I filled it up before comming home after a trip into bristol. granted that was set on cruise at 55mph which was shocking but I wasnt in a hurry. M62, M6, M5, M4, M32 all clear.

dont get antwere near now unfortunatly,

sig has the mods

I average about 32mpg at the moment on my weekly commute (country roads, dual carriageway and a bit of town driving). In the summer when the air isn't so cold it's a bit higher, around 34-35mpg.

The best I've ever had was 42mpg driving up and back to Cadwell Park last November, I wasn't crawling along behind lorries at 50 either, that was a steady indicated 75 on the speedo with plenty of overtaking. It also did 38mpg when I went to the Ring in 2008, that included the motorway/autobahn both ways (doing 120mph+ on part of it!) and 4 laps actually on the Ring ragging the ass off of it :D

I've always been amazed with how economical the 1.8T engine is. As a comparison I've had a 1.6 N/A Fiesta which struggled to get 28 mpg, and a 1.4 Rover 400 and 1.0 Micra both of which only managed late 30's :clap:

I It also did 38mpg when I went to the Ring in 2008, that included the motorway/autobahn both ways (doing 120mph+ on part of it!) and 4 laps actually on the Ring ragging the ass off of it :D

On the Autobahn, I bet that was fun. I have often wondered what the VRS will do flat out indicated, has anyone manged this?

On the Autobahn, I bet that was fun. I have often wondered what the VRS will do flat out indicated, has anyone manged this?

I've hit 150 on the clock.

Not sure what it was in reality as I didn't have the satnav hooked up, but I'd imagine it was really about 140-145.

I've got a confirmed 136 saved on the satnav, which was reading around 142ish on the clock.

It did 150 easily, and felt like it had more if I pushed it into the red.

On the way to work this morning - 7 miles - I averaged 19.8mpg as I was 'making good progress'. On the way home I chilled, listened to James Taylor and averaged 33.5mpg. It all depends on the right foot really.

Highest I've seen is 41mpg on a 30 mile run, spends most of its life on boost or in suburbia so usually mid 20s though.

Thats better than mine. I have a 1.6 petrol and it does 42 on a run and between 11 and 15 around town. and I have no boost lol

Edited by justinbarrow

I've always been amazed with how economical the 1.8T engine is. As a comparison I've had a 1.6 N/A Fiesta which struggled to get 28 mpg, and a 1.4 Rover 400 and 1.0 Micra both of which only managed late 30's :clap:

thats one of the reasons I opted for the Octavia 4x4 as opposed to the Audi V6 Quattro, with the LPG it is possible to achieve the equivalent of 70-80MPG :thumbup:

i get about 26-28 on vaired runs but i do notice when pulliung off the instant mpg goes very low around 5-9 mpg even if you pull off fairly steady does this sound right? the cars stock other than i belive a superchips remap

How much MPG do you guys get in sensible town driving and motorway driving?

Guys belived or not, since I have this car, I have never worry about playing with the trip computer to chek how many KPG I get.

Since I read this post I was like :o because I dont thik I get to many KPG

Another think is that I dont undertand the info I get on the display. I have read the Skoda manual, but dont undertand it. So I really apreciated you explain me it.

Almost all my driving is in town, were I encounter a lot bumper to bumper driving and stoping for red lights.

Here are some pics I took today during a 15 min trip.

This one, I undertand. Is my average speed during the trip. You can see the average spped because trafic in town is crazy.

AverageSpeed.jpg

This following one showing 1.5 L/H, I dont undertand what it mean.

When the car is on idle it show small values but as soon I beguin to run the values increase.

15LH.jpg

This one, I also dont undertand it. Also, here in my country we buy the fuel by gallons. Is there is a way to change the display to show gallons intead of litres.

257L100KM.jpg

Thx for your time

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss