Brisky Ring Trip 2010 Feeler

chicken_eyebrow

This is just a feeler really, I know it's probably a bit early in the year to be thinking about this but who would be interested in a Ring trip this year? How is everyone that went last year (particularly certain cars...? ;) ) and are they up for the same again for 2010?

If we get a few posts in here then maybe start a sticky thread?

When are you thinking of going?

I'm usually there every other weekend in the summer before the first the week in September and would like to go. Have no idea what car I'll be driving, it will be a lucky draw!

No idea on dates yet but either late spring / early summer (April/May) or late summer/autumn (September/October) are best for avoiding the weekend crowds, also if we can get a deal on a chalet in the holiday park again it'll be cheaper at an off peak time of year. hoping Jason will have some input as he sorted the chalet out last year!

I am planning on organising a trip, probably in October when the Ring usually quietens down a bit, ringcards are a bit cheaper to get 2nd hand, and the weather is still usually OK up there.

I don't even think the Ring have released their 2010 TF times yet, so cannot even start to think about getting together a package,

I am planning on organising a trip, probably in October when the Ring usually quietens down a bit, ringcards are a bit cheaper to get 2nd hand, and the weather is still usually OK up there.

I don't even think the Ring have released their 2010 TF times yet, so cannot even start to think about getting together a package,

Mr D

The provisional dates are pinned on NL (by Karl).

Lance

Edited by Lance

Keep an eye on this thread - I guess if we're going for October time then we'll need to be thinking about getting money together for the chalet etc. at the start of summer.

I don't plan to track mine again (it's done it's tour of duty on the Ring :yes: ) but hoping to hire one of the cheaper ring toys.

• 1 month later...

ballpark figure for cost is like saying how long is a ball of string! :giggle:

Essentially it boils down to: (ignoring tickets paid for laps)

Ferry: £35 ish

Fuel £25-50 from Dunkerque) depending on car (approx 270 miles from DK to Ring

Accommodation: £20 per night self catering (usually 4 to 5 nights ish)

Beer! Very important - about £40 for the weekend per person (is quite boozy ;))

I will be organising a trip around 1st week / 2nd week October this year! :thumbup:

Cheers Devon...........i thought string may come into it :rofl: i would like to go to the ring but a track virgin :doh:

my brother lives about 250km from the ring so thinking about combining the 2 depending on time off work/family/funds.

will keep an eye on the thread

dan

whats a ball park figure for cost guys?

First year I went I took my own car (petrol turbo VRS) and we were there for five days camping, cost me almost £600 but I spent a lot on food and drink, souvenirs, meal at the pistenklause etc. and paid £90 for a gas bottle to run our fridge and cooker

Last year I passengered in a mates VRS and we shared a chalet with a few people from here and from SeatCupraNet, we were there for 3 days and that cost me £350 but still had as good a time as when I took my own car

i'm at the ring again in august,anyone is welcome to tag along,we can sort accomodation and the ferry leaves from dover every 2 hours,we are going for a week again :yes:

When are you going Gary? I'm doing 27-30th with a VX crowd.

I think the Brisky one will be towards the end of the year, looking like early October at the moment :thumbup:

I may just hang on until then. Would be good to go along with the club, whats the weather like in October generally?

Regards,

I might be interested going round october time depending how the '5 handles trackday abuse over the summer :giggle:

I guess itll be a bit quieter than last year around that time.. not as many tits in GT3s