Panoramic Roof

BillScarab

Love the panoramic roof on mine , was an option I was ticking all day long when I was speccing up an elegance, realised it was cheaper to go for l&k ,,, so did !

Makes the cabin so much more 'airy' ? Yep , airy , even with the blind shut, I wouldn't have a large motor without one

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey Yeti owners with panoramic roof! After 2 years of driving my own similar car I have a question for You guys -  do You have 2 tiny roof leds with Your roof? I think they call them "ambience" lights. I had embarrising moment in service as I told my mechanic that my leds have stopped working. They ordered new ceiling block for my car with warranty only to discover that the new block did not have them either :D Did I really only imagined that I had them before???

My 2013 pre F/L L&K has the holes, and presumably the lights but they don't work as they are to close to the rear view mirror. I have seen pics on here of a different design panel with the small lights at the rear end but they seem pretty rare, maybe from other countries.

Hi ents,

My Yeti was a 'showroom' model so I can only presume so. 1st reg was November 2013.

When I took delivery the car only had 15 (fifteen) miles on the clock.

What I have noticed is they (lights in roof) cast just enough light to see the heating controls etc without being bright.

Something else which seems different to other Yeti's is, my rear (tail) lights are on at the same time as the front DRLs,

which I like. I have always felt that's how it should be for all cars with DRLs.

Oops!

Hi ents,

just typed a reply and it disappeared, I am useless at computers, so here goes  AGAIN.

Yes that's how the Yeti came to me, it was a showroom model with only 15 miles on the clock.

Another difference I've noticed is that the rear (tail) side lights are on at the same time as the front DRL's, which I like and prefer.

Flipping heck, now this post has also appeared. Sorry folks.

Edited by thingy

Oops!

Hi ents,

just typed a reply and it disappeared, I am useless at computers, so here goes  AGAIN.

Yes that's how the Yeti came to me, it was a showroom model with only 15 miles on the clock.

Another difference I've noticed is that the rear (tail) side lights are on at the same time as the front DRL's, which I like and prefer.

Flipping heck, now this post has also appeared. Sorry folks.

Had the front and rear DRL thing with a Previous Fabia II FL, however in our case not only were the DRL's and tail lights lit, the sidelights were on as well; looked like a Christmas tree and I could only turn off the DRL with the deactivation switch, tail and side stayed on.

Dealer found the factory had enabled all the DRL option boxes in the electronics and the car was a bit confused; they rest to front DRL only and the side and tail went out.

TP

As far as I know, no one else has had a UK-spec Yeti with the 'cat's eyes' working. Certainly TIBETs I-III haven't and the subject has come up many times over the years. Interesting that the tail lights are on when the DRLs are on.

Certainly sounds like something somewhere is different through intention or different coding to the norm.

Thingy - did we ever discover if you have the auto dipping mirror or rain/light sensor? If you don't then that might be the difference - thinner mirror not mounted below the cat's eyes.*

Some of the previous threads:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/255406-internal-lights/?hl=%2Bcat%26%2339%3Bs+%2Beyes#entry3000442

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/150484-panoramic-sunroof-pictures/?hl=%2Bcat%26%2339%3Bs+%2Beyes#entry1883031

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/310361-fl-interior-lights-with-panoramic-sunroof/page-2?hl=%2Broof+%2Blights#entry3722142

* PS Edit to note that in a previous post/thread, Thingy has confirmed no auto dipping mirror or rain sensor so I reckon that is the difference.

Just for info,  my front side lights are not on at the same time as the DRL's.

And yes, I do not have auto dipping mirror or rain sensor.

The only extra or standard fit I do not have I would have liked, is electric fold mirrors.

Still when you buy a used (showroom) Yeti, you get what you get and say thank you very much.

• Like 1

My Yeti was a 'showroom' model so I can only presume so. 1st reg was November 2013.

When I took delivery the car only had 15 (fifteen) miles on the clock.

I got my old girl as a showroom lass as well, as a six month old cub but with the high mileage of forty one miles compared to the 15 on your snow monster. Mine has the glass roof and auto dimming mirror, no interior spot lights in mine.

Does make interior much lighter and the blind closes (on my car anyway) after the doors are locked.

Changing the rain closing option to off in the maxidot Convenience menu will stop the blind closing each time you leave the car.

• Like 1

Changing the rain closing option to off in the maxidot Convenience menu will stop the blind closing each time you leave the car.

Even with rain closing off, mine still closes.

Even with rain closing off, mine still closes.

I have had two Skodas now with the Panoramic Roof and, in both, the blind closed with Rain Closing on and not with rain closing off.

• Like 1

It has been mentioned by a few on here that it seems to be if the temperature drops the blind closes to prevent condensation forming on the roof and dripping onto the interior. All I know is mine closes sometimes even with rain closing turned off. So I now just leave rain closing on in case I do forget to shut the roof and it rains, better safe than sorry. :)

It has been mentioned by a few on here that it seems to be if the temperature drops the blind closes to prevent condensation forming on the roof and dripping onto the interior. All I know is mine closes sometimes even with rain closing turned off. So I now just leave rain closing on in case I do forget to shut the roof and it rains, better safe than sorry. :)

Does it close fully? If it does not close fully then all it is doing is closing bit by bit every time you press and hold the LOCK button on your key fob when you fold the mirrors in. So it is probably not doing it by its own accord.

Yes, even with rain closing off, my blind closes fully. It says open most of the time but does close itself sometimes, hence I believed the temperature theory mentioned on here some time ago. As said I now leave rain closing selected, just in case.

Yes, even with rain closing off, my blind closes fully. It says open most of the time but does close itself sometimes, hence I believed the temperature theory mentioned on here some time ago. As said I now leave rain closing selected, just in case.

I must confess that would drive me mad as I always drive with the blind open and to have to open it most times I get in the car would make driving off like a pre-flight check.

My car spends 95% of its life in a garage [home] or covered environment [work] when not being driven so that may very well be why I do not experience your symptoms.  I also drive with a very low temperature setting.  

Interestinig how the cars behave in differrent environments.

I must confess that would drive me mad as I always drive with the blind open and to have to open it most times I get in the car would make driving off like a pre-flight check.

My car spends 95% of its life in a garage [home] or covered environment [work] when not being driven so that may very well be why I do not experience your symptoms.  I also drive with a very low temperature setting.  

Interestinig how the cars behave in differrent environments.

I think this Yeti behaviour above is the ONLY Yeti that does that with the rain sensor ticked to OFF - and as such something might be wrong with it (Sorry Kenny R).  Mine only did that irritating behaviour when that box was ticked. Since I've un-ticked that box it has never closed by itself.