Genuine Skoda Carpet Mats

I bought genuine mats for my Fabia a few days after I bought it, and the cars done around 4400 miles now. Where the heels of my shoes touch the carpet mats by the throttle and clutch the mat has almost worn right through :S ! Never had this happen before, in fact I had some Fiat mats that still looked good after 54000 miles

Anyone else had this happen, seems the mats are pants quality.

I bought genuine mats for my Fabia a few days after I bought it, and the cars done around 4400 miles now. Where the heels of my shoes touch the carpet mats by the throttle and clutch the mat has almost worn right through :S ! Never had this happen before, in fact I had some Fiat mats that still looked good after 54000 miles

yes i had same problem i got some ally check plate and stuck with epoxy glue look s good too

Mine are fine at 24000 ,what heels are you wearing high heels? had another crappy clip on the parcel shelf replaced though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Take 'em back... All Skoda parts come with a 2 year warranty.. (three if purchased with the car) :giggle:

Edited by mrgf

My Skoda carpet mats have worn through on the drivers side too. That's after just 18 months. I should have gone for the rubber Skoda mats which last and last and that's what I will be doing next.

Similar mileage to OP, the driver's mat in my Roomy is showing signs of wear.

I have ordered some rubber mats (£31 with poppers, £27 without) and will put the original mats aside until I decide to sell the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I've got exactly the same problem myself.

I ordered a set of genuine Skoda mats at the Skoda dealer, Part No. DCA 700 102 and they duly arrived. They are described as "Textile Footmats" within the packaging and as we have found out they wear through in no time.

But here's what's interesting...... There's a photograph of the mats within the packaging and there's clearly two types! The textile ones are in the foreground, but in the background there's some heavy-duty looking rubber ones. I'm toying with the idea of going to a Skoda dealer and asking if I can specify the rubber version before I order!

Bought in 1st March. SWMBO's Fabia mats have nearly worn through already.

They are going back.

Will get rubber ones instead

TBH my Octy ones are crap too. Very thin

Edited by ChrisRs

Well mine really are thin now, and lo and behold the ones in the wifes Peugeot 107 are still like new... same age, same mileage just better mats. Come on Skoda, all my old Fiat mats lasted and Ive never had such ****e quality, no wonder Hyundai are beating Skoda for owner satisfaction now :giggle: