Electric folding mirrors on Elegance?

Just doing a little research on the Skoda website, the PDF brochure still shows the Electric folding mirrors as standard equipment. But on the web site the standard and optional equipment no longer shows them as standard. Checking everything else I have noticed that the PDF brochure shows varible boot floor as standard but on the web site it is a £140 extra and no mention in the standard equipment. So has this gone as well. I pick mine up on Monday and I am already P1$$d that the mirrors are gone so if the variable boot has gone as well then the car is going to be rejected. What a con. They may as well put anything they want in the brochure to get you to buy the car then supply whatever they want without notice

Thanks for this Spitty. I thought that one change - the mirrors - could be forgiven as an oversight but to take out the estate boot floor as well is pushing it. Skoda seem to charge the folding mirrors at £180 and the boot floor is an now an 'Elegance' optional extra charged at £140 (although my January '10 brochure says 'standard on Elegance and L&K') . Has anyone had a Skoda dealer draw their attention to the downgrade in spec? Has anyone received a January '10 brochure with a printed insert drawing their attention to the changes in specification? Please let us know because I'm starting to think that Skoda are just trying to have us over - would you pay an extra £320 to collect the base spec car you'd ordered? I'm starting to think that Skoda buyers have to spend an hour checking their new cars against the original brochure just to ensure that the car they've bought is the car they ordered. Manufacturers of Happy Drivers? Just manufacture the cars we've ordered, at the agreed price please.

Sorry missed that bit I was on about the estate, the brochure shows it standard on the estate but the web sit shows it as a £140 option and not standard.

I ordered an Elegance Estate late Aug last year (!) which was built Jan this year -- I'm picking it up next week. It *does not* have electric folding mirrors (I've accepted the £180 compensation) but it *does* have the variable boot floor.

I ordered an Elegance Estate late Aug last year (!) which was built Jan this year -- I'm picking it up next week. It *does not* have electric folding mirrors (I've accepted the £180 compensation) but it *does* have the variable boot floor.

Hmm - our car is being collected next week. It doesn't have the electric folding mirrors (£180 reduction in price duly accepted - thanks to being alerted by this forum) but I'll have to check the boot floor.

I will let you know...

regards

P.

Spoke to my dealer today. He assured me we *will* be getting the electric folding mirrors, explaining it away that we ordered in the time between the new brochure coming out, and the changes being announced, and because it's not built yet they can get it added on

I asked him about the floor, he agreed that the website makes it look like it's an Option rather than a standard feature, but that he had received nothing from higher up to say what the facts are. He's going to investigate

Edited by Wet Kipper

Spoke to my dealer today. He assured me we *will* be getting the electric folding mirrors, explaining it away that we ordered in the time between the new brochure coming out, and the changes being announced, and because it's not built yet they can get it added on

I asked him about the floor, he agreed that the website makes it look like it's an Option rather than a standard feature, but that he had received nothing from higher up to say what the facts are. He's going to investigate

Does that mean you ordered ur car before Jan 1st 2010 (the date of brochure update) and vehicle hasn't been built yet ? After 2 months? Looks like it's Santa deciding who'g gonna to get his car first, judging from person's behaviour during last year... :)

My Octavia is currently on it's way to England (according to my dealer) but he can't say if it definitely will or won't have the folding mirrors. Just have to wait and see. :S

As others have suggested I've spoken to Skoda UK and they have said it's either £180 or reject the car. Now I really want folding mirrors as living on a main road they are very useful..........however, will I be able to wait another 8-12 weeks if I reorder? I think that's the question and Skoda dealers probably know that most people will just take the £180 rather than reorder.

Having spoken to Skoda UK it seems the cut off build date was end of Jan for Elegance spec with electric folding mirrors. Seems stupid that if you reorder they will make sure your car has them.

My dealer gave me 'the line' that there had been a problem with them auto folding at speed and that the mechanism has been changed. It's clearly a cost cutting exercise!

Was worried that the double boot floor had been given the chop on elegance from when I ordered as well but my dealer has insisted that this is not the case.

Fingers crossed!

Does that mean you ordered ur car before Jan 1st 2010 (the date of brochure update) and vehicle hasn't been built yet ? After 2 months? Looks like it's Santa deciding who'g gonna to get his car first, judging from person's behaviour during last year... :)

No, the new brochure still had the mirrors showing as standard when we ordered at the end of January. Current expected build is last week in March

Having spoken to Skoda UK it seems the cut off build date was end of Jan for Elegance spec with electric folding mirrors.

And yet my car was built 3rd week of January... ah well, can't wait to pick up my new motor tomorrow, even if it doesn't having electric folding mirrors ;)

Hi all

I ordered a new Octavia Estate last week and as far as my dealer is concerned the spec is as per the Skoda Q1 brochure he has in the showroom and the PDF from the website (I have copies of both). I emailed him to check on the mirrors and the rumour about the variable boot floor (mentioned this thread and Skoda UKs response) and he says they haven't been told anything about this. Guess I'll need to see what the car is delivered with - if it doesnt have the mirrors then I'll gladly take the £180 as they arent a deal breaker for me.

J

Was at the stealers this morning picking up new car :D , and whilst waiting I noticed 3 other new '10' plate elegances, that were already prepped and waiting to be picked up, being a nosey git went to have a close look at them. I must be a lucky git, as i presume none of them had the electric folding mirrors, as the picture on the knob was missing. But mine does yippeee........... However they all had the variable boot floor fitted. the dealer was aware of the spec change in relation to the folding mirrors, but claimed the VBF is still standard spec.......

There's an alternative view to NOT having the electrically folding mirrors, in that if they (the electrically folding ones) go wrong or get smashed or broken then the electric ones are going to be a lot more expensive to replace or repair if the electronics get damaged than the manual version.

Been watching this thread with interest as my Elegance estate is due to be built in the first week of March, having been ordered mid January. I've traded emails with the dealer all week and had a phone call at 5 o'clock this afternoon saying that Skoda have now realised the error of their ways (not as a result of my emails I hasten to add) and will now be honouring the full Elegance spec as stated in the January brochure, ie with power, folding mirrors. The dealer seemed certain so hopefully Skoda will now supply us with the cars we ordered :) I'm not sure where this will leave people who've received cars without the mirrors, but if nothing else you'll be in a pretty good negotiating position. Fingers crossed!

I ordered a Octavia Scout 1st week in FEb 2010.

I have been in touch with Skoda UK, and this is the situation.

Any vehicles ordered before the 14th of Feb 2010 and not built yet can have the electric mirrors fitted at the factory(free of chage) before ship, if the UK 01/10 spec was used, it is up to the dealer to fix by getting in touch with Skoda to ensure this is done.

This is specified on bulletin SK0119/09 sent to the dealerships on 12th Feb 2010.

So my advice is if you ordered before 14th Feb 2010 and your vehicle is not built yet ,get in touch with your dealer ASAP.

Edited by BOBW

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered the same annoying problem. Can anyone who has disovered this problem contact me via the personal messaging system to see if we have any common ground or as a group of disgruntled new owners force a rectification.

Edited by digbydriver

Sorry to throw a spanner into the works but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I ordered my Octavia Elegance in early January and 9 weeks 3 days later picked it up (today) and it HAS Electric Folding mirrors. :yes:

When I spoke to the dealer about it, this morning, he said that it was one of the last to get them. However, the Cigarette Lighter doesn't work. :( Sort that tomorrw.

RoystonB