Fabia vRS (not the usual post)

Hello,

My boss just got back from the factory and he said there was the new Fabia vRS there, a completed model.

Said it looks very, very nice. Has an Octavia look-a-like front end but not quite so aggressive. Has nice vRS bucket seats interior, the dials and panels have been changed so it looks a lot smarter on the inside. The new vRS alloys are very striking. It was a red one with black roof, black mirrors and black wheels.

It is my understanding that the launch colour will be the Green colour from the Fabia rally car.

fabia-super-2000-at-rally-monte-carlo_1.jpg

We'll have the cars ourselves in June. I want one now!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but kind of.

Totally different front end, different wheels, should look nice!

But we have no idea what the price is going to be?

Because the SEAT version is £16,500 (or there abouts, and I just spec'd one up with a few bits to £18k) I would guess the Fabia vRS will be £15,990 but with a few more bits standard.

Anyone Remember when the Fabia vRS PD first came out, I think it was £11,990 back in November 2003?

In fact I'm sure it was because I was working for Prince Avenue Skoda at the time and we had a black one in the showroom and it was £260 for the paint, and I remember selling it for £12,250 to a chap who part exchanged a REALLY low mileage w-plate Fabia. Not sure why I remember it so well...

Ibiza FR is £15,520 so the Fabia has to be under £15,000!

And as I've said before, the vRS is the same spec as the GTI and FR, the Cupra is a step above them all!

Edited by Babs

Did he happen to mention the power plant??

Do we really need to speculate about this?

150PS 1.4 TSI DSG, then possibly in the future a 2.0 TDI CR 140 (as per the Ibiza FR....)

James, ask your boss if it looked something like this photoshop....

As I posted on another thread, reports from CZ said it will be available with 4 different wheel colours (black matt, black polished, silver, white) and I expect similar colour options for the roof and mirrors too as previewed on that red sport concept thingy.

Babs, I really think you are going to be surprised by the power output, and I don't see why it should have to cost less than an Ibiza if the power is close :)

2.0 TDI-CR (140) is supposed to be on the way but I don't know if that will be available in RS spec or not.

rsgaraz.jpg

Do we really need to speculate about this?

150PS 1.4 TSI DSG, then possibly in the future a 2.0 TDI CR 140 (as per the Ibiza FR....)

I'm afraid we do young man. If it's not a Oil Burner then I'm not Interested to be honest. :wait:.....mmmmmm a 2.0l diesel, well looks like I might be, Interested that is :think:

Anyone Remember when the Fabia vRS PD first came out, I think it was £11,990 back in November 2003?

In fact I'm sure it was because I was working for Prince Avenue Skoda at the time and we had a black one in the showroom and it was £260 for the paint, and I remember selling it for £12,250 to a chap who part exchanged a REALLY low mileage w-plate Fabia. Not sure why I remember it so well...

Dont you always remember your first one fondly ( oooeeer mister ) :rofl:

I hope youre right about the new vrs, so many rumours, specially about the engine, That will determine the price.

Babs, I really think you are going to be surprised by the power output, and I don't see why it should have to cost less than an Ibiza if the power is close :)

I'm afraid we do young man. If it's not a Oil Burner then I'm not Interested to be honest. :wait:.....mmmmmm a 2.0l diesel, well looks like I might be, Interested that is :think:

Now, I'll actually use evidence, reason and examples here rather than just talking off the top of my head...

I want to be surprised, but based on the position of the other "sporty" hatches from VAG and the marques in general...

Lowest to highest:

Skoda -> Seat -> VW -> Audi

This is in price, also...

The Golf GTI, Octavia vRS and Leon FR are all 2.0 TSI 200ps right? The Leon Cupra is 240 (and Seat are the "sporty" brand in the group). The Audi S3 is 260ps to round it off at top.

The Ibiza FR is a 1.4 TSI DSG 150ps, speculation and previous cars suggests that the Polo and Fabia will both be the same. The Ibiza Cupra is 1.4 TSI 180ps (because Seat are the "sporty" brand in the group).

Therefore, to fit in with the VAG plan/marketing stratagy/market share, the Fabia vRS will most likely be a 1.4 TSI DSG (as the engine configuration has been confirmed for the Polo GTI and the current Ibiza FR/Cupra uses it), in 150ps spec (to match the Ibiza FR and Polo GTI, but less than the "more sporty" Cupra). It will also need to undercut the Ibiza to fit in. Or people will just buy the better looking Ibiza.

As for the derv... I'm not interested in the slightest. But you all know that ;)

Again, I'd love the for Fabia to be a rip-snorting fire-breathing monster, but it's not going be! It's going to be a decent, tidy looking warm/hot hatch. Just like the Ibiza. But for less money.

B)