You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

What drop is that??? looks really well :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Around 55-60mm, ap's wound down to the bottom with helpers and rear adjusters left in. The spacers on the rear really help. Forge 16mm. Really nice quality too if you find a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I do like the hybrid pre-fl / fl front end look. Best of both worlds.

7F20079F-90F0-4E9C-A7FF-350C8BC9FE6E_zps

Love this looks really cool! Is there a write up on here on how to do this? Or is the member stil on here to have a chat with?

• Like 1

You have to heavily modify (includes plastic welding) the bumper below the headlights. Basically you can't use any of the Pre-FL bumper bits and on top of that you need newer CECM, some wiring and FL grille. If you really want to do that mod i suggest you do some recearch by yourself... No one gave me advices and i managed to do it myself. I've been given some advices to multiple people on this forum and no one of them have replied on the PM's... I think they have been frighten by the cost of the mod or the amount of work that is involved on it.

• Like 1

You have to heavily modify (includes plastic welding) the bumper below the headlights. Basically you can't use any of the Pre-FL bumper bits and on top of that you need newer CECM, some wiring and FL grille. If you really want to do that mod i suggest you do some recearch by yourself... No one gave me advices and i managed to do it myself. I've been given some advices to multiple people on this forum and no one of them have replied on the PM's... I think they have been frighten by the cost of the mod or the amount of work that is involved on it.

ow ok and u managed to do it on ur car? Did u do a write up on how to do this mod and what parts was needed to complete it? Have u any pics of ur car with it done plz

Everywhere? :)

They're neuspeed RSe07's, 18x8 ET45 and about 9kg each. I had them on mine until recently (post #1483 and #1488 on p50 of this thread). Now sold to Alex @ AKS (post #2187 on page 73). j0hn also has a set now.

HTH.

Yup neuspeed RSe 07. The offset is perfect. Flushed nicely with the wheel arc [emoji1]

ow ok and u managed to do it on ur car? Did u do a write up on how to do this mod and what parts was needed to complete it? Have u any pics of ur car with it done plz

Look on page 72 on this topic for example to find some pics.

Parts needed in a short list are:

The bumper itself, fog lights, DRL lights, connectors for the fog lights and also for the DRL´s, mounting plastic things that hold the DRL´s and headlight washers, covers for the headlight washers and the headlight washers ofcourse and finally all the grilles (5 pieces of them). On top of that you need the FL grille and bonnet extension plastic bit which attaches the underside of the FL grille to the bonnet.

Also as mentioned you need the newer CECM to make the DRL's to work properly. Allthough it is not necessary, as i did not change it but my cars lights (DRL's and headlights) don't function the same as the FL ones. I wired the DRL's to the fog lights (with some extra resistors to get rid of the fault codes) and coded the fog lights to work as DRL's with VCDS. Then i completely rebuild the wires, relays and switch for the foglights. Not OEM workaround but works for me and fulfills my country regulations.

I did all the modding and fitting myself and only the painting was done by a professional. The total cost for me when i did it was around 1000€ and the only part that i found second handed was the bumper shell...

Mine

post-117859-0-90474600-1406574440_thumb.jpg

post-117859-0-04271300-1406574512_thumb.jpg

Not had it long, but already colour coded the grill surround and changed the badges to new style smoked versions.

post-117859-0-15321200-1406574690_thumb.jpg

post-117859-0-81002800-1406574717_thumb.jpg

Other plans include coilovers and some 19s.

Edited by Dubbsley
  • Like 1

What is the paint code for this? Is in an exact match? I have a silver vrs and looking to do the same to mine

If u lift the boot carpet, there should be a sticker with those details, the same sticker should be on the inside of the service book.

• Like 1

What alloys are these been looking everywhere?

What he says \/

Also, not looking even remotely hard enough. Actually, you can't have looked at all :D

Everywhere?  :)

They're neuspeed RSe07's, 18x8 ET45 and about 9kg each.  I had them on mine until recently (post #1483 and #1488 on p50 of this thread).  Now sold to Alex @ AKS (post #2187 on page 73).  j0hn also has a set now.

HTH.

I do indeed. These are what I wanted but I was put off by the ridiculous lead time and bought a set of TD PR1.2s, which kind of looked ok but never really suited the Mk2 in my opinion. I should have just bitten the bullet first time and bought the RSe's

Unfortunately I can't even be remotely bothered to take a proper picture at the moment, so here's one done with the phone when I went to buy some bog rolls or something poncey like asparagus (British obviously).

14186207608_e69468b168_c.jpg

Untitled by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Love this looks really cool! Is there a write up on here on how to do this? Or is the member stil on here to have a chat with?

Nope and I'm pretty sure Alex has never been a member on here. If you want to know more about his car, you'll find a fairly comprehensive write up on mk5gti forum although I don't know if he's written up the work involving fitting the FL bumper.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the DoDo juice too :D

This is mine, only had it for just over a month. Was terribly neglected when I got it. Paint is pretty much the best it can be now for age & mileage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-119739-14100797080613_thumb.jpg

post-119739-14100797338361_thumb.jpg

20140907_16392_edit_1410156598801.jpg

Added cupra r splitter today and new rear discs and pads

20140907_180000.jpg

Love dodo juice now..was dubious at first and have tried purple haze pro and normal blue velvet. Hard wax is better imo but also used clay mitt from halfords with g3 detailer spray makes a HUGE difference!!

• Like 1

Polished with autoglym. Wanting better stuff to start detailing though

32123f0245d866d647ecf131695a43c4.jpg

22d270c68054d482bc43a698017671cc.jpg

Been using autoglym for years, nothing wrong with it and always gives an excellent shine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20140907_16392_edit_1410156598801.jpg

Added cupra r splitter today and new rear discs and pads

20140907_180000.jpg

Love dodo juice now..was dubious at first and have tried purple haze pro and normal blue velvet. Hard wax is better imo but also used clay mitt from halfords with g3 detailer spray makes a HUGE difference!!

How have you got the cupra R splitter to fit so nice? Everywhere iv looked they sit to far back and not wide enough?

Two pairs of hands a lot of swearing and a few holes lol.

Serious took the bumper off and did it with the bumper upside down. Didn't need to heat the either like someone else suggested.

Match the corners up first and self tapping screws then work into the middle. Couple of machine screws (the type which look like nuts and bolts in a green packet in b&q) thru 5.5mm holes. used 6 of these in total and then self tapping screws at regular points along the splitter.

Its sitting quite nicely couple of smallish gaps but nothing really visible, ill get a couple more pics.

Give me a shout if you want anymore info

Agreed, Autoglym is good stuff, especially the polish , deep glass clean and interior shampoo :D

I'm also liking the Autobrite range, cheery glaze is very good on dark cars.